Wedding Invitations & Paper

Downside of buying in the Clearance Isle.....

So my fiance and I have been together almost 5 yrs and have known we were going to get married for the past 3 at least.  We only just recently got engaged, but I have been gathering ideas for years! I was shopping at Michael's (craft store) and I found this stationary set by BRIDES (oh no! competing magazines) and Gartner Studios that was green with ferns on it that I thought was perfect for my outdoors-y themed wedding, AND they were clearanced! So I snatched up 2 kits plus one of Thank You cards and one of Programs from a couple different Michael's stores....but now I cant find anymore and 2 kits is NOT enough for my 230+ guest list!
I've checked ebay, amazon, and craigslist for anyone trying to sell left over ones (or hoping someone was in the same situation as I am who gave up and wanted to get rid of hers) and no such luck.  I can't order them from the Gartner or Michael's websites.

Should I try to duplicate  the design, contact the vendor, or start from scratch?  My other option is to make my own, but then what do I do with the unused ones I bought?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Downside of buying in the Clearance Isle.....

• Staples and Office Depot se;; Gartner Studios also.  You should posta picture or the item number and maybe one of us can look for them.
  • You can also have your local store check their system to see what other stores have it.  I did that for some clearance bling items I needed.
  • I hope you find them, but if you don't, you may consider using them for another event. Or if someone is throwing you a shower, they may want to use them.
    planning

• I would listen to PPs suggestions of where else to look but if that doesn't work, I agree that you should have whoever is responsible use them for your bridal shower/rehearsal dinner (or sell/give them to another bride) and make your own. Making them yourself would be cheaper than possibly paying more than the invitations are actaully worth just to get your hands on more of them, and personally I like handmade stationary better than those kits anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Most guests don't compare wedding invitations with other guests. If you like these then use them, and try to find additional sets that have the colors you want, or something similar to what you have. For example, if you have 100 invitations in those 2 boxes, and about 100 guests on your fiance's side of the family, send them all to them, use the other invitations for other guests. They don't all have to match.

Why don't you post a picture of them and maybe someone has seen something like them?
  • I was at Michael's today and remembered your post.  I went to the bridal section and then to clearance.  They had long invitaitons with a green border and fern at the top.  They had 3 boxes of 50 for $9.99 each.

The item number is 86188.  The UPC number is 6-34680-86188-2.  Please post if these are the ones you need!!!!!!!!
  • Thanks! Thats a good idea! I will try to remember to do that tonight when I get home.
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_downside-of-buying-in-the-clearance-isle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:d169713a-7210-4ec0-ab3f-eaba01cc629cPost:5fa2477f-785c-464d-bc32-e99e135a665c">Re: Downside of buying in the Clearance Isle.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Staples and Office Depot se;; Gartner Studios also.  You should posta picture or the item number and maybe one of us can look for them.
    Posted by coraleetbwed[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I saw those ones, I think, but they're not quite the "droids" I am looking for. Thanks for thinking of me! :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_downside-of-buying-in-the-clearance-isle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:d169713a-7210-4ec0-ab3f-eaba01cc629cPost:a2c44887-04ff-42c3-93a9-3b4cc1236254">Re: Downside of buying in the Clearance Isle.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was at Michael's today and remembered your post.  I went to the bridal section and then to clearance.  They had long invitaitons with a green border and fern at the top.  They had 3 boxes of 50 for $9.99 each. The item number is 86188.  The UPC number is 6-34680-86188-2.  Please post if these are the ones you need!!!!!!!!
    Posted by coraleetbwed[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone for your responses! I am going to try to remember to post a pic of the ones I have tonight (since the pics are on my laptop at home).   I doubt any of the stores will have the ones I do because it was at least 2 years ago now that I bought them.
    I'd thought of using the ones I have for shower or some kind of brunch or something, maybe the next day gathering for close family at one of our moms' houses.
    Again, Thanks for the tips!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• These are what I have, and also the Program kits.... the green is is a litter darker than pictured.... I have 40 each of the invites and thank yous, and 80 of the programs. 
    There's another style out there too that I could combine with what I have:

Thanks again everyone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards