Snarky Brides

Um, does this weird you all out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEDLAgu0yl8

Little girl is playing with a dead squirrel.

In my paranoid mind, dead things start to get diseases and germs extra-fast, which I know is ridiculous. But I wouldn't let my kid play with a dead squirrel. I probably wouldn't let my kid play with a dead anything.

Re: Um, does this weird you all out?

• UM, I will not be clicking that link.  I just ate lunch.

And yeah, that is messed up.  Kids should not be playing with dead animals!
    panther
  • Yeah, I already know I can't watch that video.
    Photobucket
  • Absolutely! I am glad you gave CNs on what the video was because I probably would've vomited. I would never let my kid play with a dead animal; #1 it is creepy and #2 all the diseases and crap it may carry.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • One of my friends posted this on his FB the other day. While I applaud her parents not freaking out about it, and understand the little girl's fascination with the squirrel, I just...no. Dead. Gross. Ew.
    Wuppikins loves you!

"Hater-ade is full of disrespectrolytes" - Mehg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-this-weird-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7724e8a2-cb82-43f8-8c24-a4ed032aef8fPost:2f339db8-47e7-4512-bd53-b41d0b3cfeac">Um, does this weird you all out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEDLAgu0yl8" rel='nofollow'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEDLAgu0yl8</a> Little girl is playing with a dead squirrel. In my paranoid mind, dead things start to get diseases and germs extra-fast, which I know is ridiculous. But I wouldn't let my kid play with a dead squirrel. I probably wouldn't let my kid play with a dead anything.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

So yeah, pretty much this.
    Wuppikins loves you!

• marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I mean, I grew up on a farm and there were always dead things. It didn't gross me out, but I never actually played with the dead animals either. We always just buried them or disposed of them. It's just bizarre. The part that bothers me most is that wild squirrels carry disease and what if that dead squirrel had some sort of communicable disease. Now the kid and probably her parents are going to have it.
  • I'm more concerned about the little girl being played all over the internet in her underwear.  I know I know, it's normal. Parents take pictures and show families later... but you tube? I think she's too old for that.

And, yes. That video creeped me out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-this-weird-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7724e8a2-cb82-43f8-8c24-a4ed032aef8fPost:6e4b197f-6732-44e7-9c01-b116df2d76bb">Re: Um, does this weird you all out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]  And, yes. That video creeped me out.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

I couldn't even bring myself to watch it.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yikes.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-this-weird-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7724e8a2-cb82-43f8-8c24-a4ed032aef8fPost:6e4b197f-6732-44e7-9c01-b116df2d76bb">Re: Um, does this weird you all out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'm more concerned about the little girl being played all over the internet in her underwear</strong>.  I know I know, it's normal. Parents take pictures and show families later... but you tube? <strong>I think she's too old for that.</strong> And, yes. That video creeped me out.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

<div>I thought this too.</div>
    Wuppikins loves you!

• The video made me really sad. I'm glad they are teaching her not to be scared or grossed out or anything, but they should also be teaching her to respect the dead. The squirrel should have been buried, not tossed around as a child's playtoy. Some might say it's "just a squirrel" or something, but still. Show some respect for the poor creature.
  • I wouldn't want my kid to play with a squirrel, dead or alive. I think they are really cute, but they are not particularly clean animals. Also, it's just creepy to me. I realize she's just a kid, but I think it's pretty disrespectful to play with a dead animal.  Looking at it and being curious is one thing, but playing with it. Eek. (note: I didn't watch the video, so I may be off on the "playing" part, I'm just going off what was said)
  • Yeah, she is definitely rubbing that squirrel all over her torso and neck.  Sure, it's maybe good that her parents   didn't swat the squirrel out of her hands screaming, but to go get the camera and video tape her lifting the dead animals tail and touching its ass?  WTF?  I'm pretty sure she had her fingers in and around it's mouth as well.
  • Oh ew. I can't watch the video.   : )
  • marateamaratea member
    Well, call me an asshole, but I flagged that video as inappropriate. The more I think about it, the more I don't think it should be on the Internet, for 2 reasons. 1. Like Steph said, she's in her underwears. 2. Like Sesh said, animal disrespect.
  • ConKFA319ConKFA319 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-this-weird-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7724e8a2-cb82-43f8-8c24-a4ed032aef8fPost:02c32694-edea-4b3d-8859-302e5d6742ac">Re: Um, does this weird you all out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, call me an asshole, but I flagged that video as inappropriate. The more I think about it, the more I don't think it should be on the Internet, for 2 reasons. 1. Like Steph said, she's in her underwears. 2. Like Sesh said, animal disrespect.

<div>Good for you, Mara! I think I may follow suit.</div><div>
    </div><div>I seriously don't get why they would even film this. Like "ooh, my daughter is playing with dead things! GET THE VIDEO CAMERA!" Um...no.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: I flagged as well.</div>
    Wuppikins loves you!

• LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Why would anyone put that on YouTube?  Geez.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-this-weird-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7724e8a2-cb82-43f8-8c24-a4ed032aef8fPost:02c32694-edea-4b3d-8859-302e5d6742ac">Re: Um, does this weird you all out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, call me an asshole, but I flagged that video as inappropriate. The more I think about it, the more I don't think it should be on the Internet, for 2 reasons. 1. Like Steph said, she's in her underwears. 2. Like Sesh said, animal disrespect.

Yeah seriously. No kid needs to be turned into a viral video for playing with a dead squirrel in her skivvies. That's much, much worse than showing your kid's prom date a picture of them in the bath.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • If that squirrel is carrying rabies and that little girl rubs her eyes this story could have a very tragic ending.
  • What parent would say "Aw, look Sally, a dead squirrel! Wait, let me grab the video camera!!" Who knows what kind of parasites the squirrel had too. Gross.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-this-weird-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7724e8a2-cb82-43f8-8c24-a4ed032aef8fPost:a4cc3eb3-c4a7-4c2e-a72e-8a80021f98aa">Re: Um, does this weird you all out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, she is definitely rubbing that squirrel all over her torso and neck.  Sure, it's maybe good that her parents   didn't swat the squirrel out of her hands screaming, but to go get the camera and video tape her lifting the dead animals tail and touching its ass?  WTF?  I'm pretty sure she had her fingers in and around it's mouth as well.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

<div>I seriously thought I was going to throw up reading this.  I cannot click on the link.</div>
  • Kim, I think she did. I know she was rubbing it all over her face. I also think she may have put her hands in her mouth after handling it. I sincerely hope that squirrel wasn't carrying ANYTHING.
    Wuppikins loves you!

• Does anybody remember that episode of Scrubs where the woman died of rabies because there are so few documented cases nobody even thought to check for it?  Do you think the parents would be honest with the doctor, "Well, we did let her play with a freshly dead squirrel one tiime for like a half an hour"
  • marateamaratea member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-this-weird-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7724e8a2-cb82-43f8-8c24-a4ed032aef8fPost:92c39a28-b6b9-43d8-a463-f8c4bd9f704a">Re: Um, does this weird you all out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anybody remember that episode of Scrubs where the woman died of rabies because there are so few documented cases nobody even thought to check for it?  Do you think the parents would be honest with the doctor, "Well, we did let her play with a freshly dead squirrel one tiime for like a half an hour"
    Yes! And the episode of the Office where Michael hits Meredith with his cars, then it turns out she has rabies... from... wait for it... a SQUIRREL.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-this-weird-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7724e8a2-cb82-43f8-8c24-a4ed032aef8fPost:92c39a28-b6b9-43d8-a463-f8c4bd9f704a">Re: Um, does this weird you all out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anybody remember that episode of Scrubs where the woman died of rabies because there are so few documented cases nobody even thought to check for it?  Do you think the parents would be honest with the doctor, "Well, we did let her play with a freshly dead squirrel one tiime for like a half an hour"

<div>I'm going to go with no. Although I hope that if something came up they would tell the doctor.</div>
    Photobucket
  • Ew, why do I always do this? I just clicked the link as I was siting down for lunch. Thank goodness Costco meatballs are so delicious! But that was seriously so unsanitary in so many ways.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-this-weird-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7724e8a2-cb82-43f8-8c24-a4ed032aef8fPost:3823f11e-2e5d-42ce-a84f-d6068258d921">Re: Um, does this weird you all out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Um, does this weird you all out? : I'm going to go with no. Although I hope that if something came up they would tell the doctor.
    Posted by alicialovestre[/QUOTE]

<div>I have a feeling this thing is going to go viral, so I don't think they'll even need to, at that point.</div>
    Wuppikins loves you!

• I thought Meredith got rabies from a bat?

EIther way.  lol
    panther
  • marateamaratea member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-this-weird-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7724e8a2-cb82-43f8-8c24-a4ed032aef8fPost:0c8bdbc1-3d41-48a8-b284-4d85d5047f7b">Re: Um, does this weird you all out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought Meredith got rabies from a bat? EIther way.  lol
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    Oh, I think you're right. Wasn't it the bat that was flying around the office? And Darryl was playing with a squirrel right before the fun run and Michael yelled at him. Either way, rabies iz srs business.
  • Yep, bat and Darrell was feeding a squirrel.  And the stripper went back for her degree.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards