California-Bay Area

Reception/ceremony under $15000--plz suggest near SF

Hi Everyone!

My fiance and I will marry April 24th but have a budget of $15,000 for everything! Where, in SF or near SF, can we have a ceremony and reception that will be beautiful and memorable but still within our budget so that we may still afford all the other things (photography, etc). I still want my wedding to have some elegance. Any brides that have already gotten married or anyone who is planning a wedding? I'll take all suggestions and really appreciate it! I've looked and looked and have thus found only one place that has a package and seems ok but I'd love to know if there's somewhere nicer for a good price (within our means). Thanks in advance to all responses and help :)

Additional notes: Thanks to all who have replied. I am looking into the info provided. My wedding will have about 75 GUESTS.

Re: Reception/ceremony under $15000--plz suggest near SF

• edited December 2011
    Hi Veronica - I know how you feel with such a tight budget!  It totally depends on how many guests you will be having to know what is going to be less than $15,000.  Villa Ragusa in Campbell is where we are having our reception and we are paying about $12000 for 150 guests for food, cake, linens, centerpieces and the site fee.  I know that the Historic Del Monte Building in Sunnyvale is thier sister site and also includes a DJ in thier package.  My sister got married there.  Other than that a good idea might be finding a place to rent and like the Saratoga Logde and having a caterer like Panetta's.  But then you have to think about all the rentals.
    Another idea is Eagle Ridge in Gilroy but I don't know if that's too far from you.  They have a nice ceremony area and great packages.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm super excited for my wedding at the Brazilian Room in Tilden Park. It's by no means glamorous. It's in the regional park so it's surrounded by trees. But I absolutely love it!! The cost isn't too bad and you can choose from a caterer list that might suit your budget more.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    yjakel - I could not be more ready for Thanksgiving after seeing your mashed potatoes and gravy siggy pic!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello Veronica,
         My name is Victoria Boyd and I have some experience in planning special events. I am starting my own wedding planning business here in the bay area, and I am looking towards helping some clients for a lower cost.  I will be willing to not only find you a place for reception, but help you with whatever else needs to be planned or done.  My compensation, if any, will just be letters of reference and pictures of your wedding, and a very small monetary price.  Please allow me to help you, I am very nice, detail-oriented, and I currently reside in the East Bay.  Please email me at forevercommitted@gmail.com.  Happy Thanksgiving.
  • cler67cler67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked our wedding venue at the GAIA Arts Center in Berkeley.  Google them and check the website.  The rent is very affordable and it comes with tables and chairs.  You can bring your own caterer.  There was a bride who had her wedding there recently and brought Macaroni Grill to cater their food.  They budgeted $5000 for their wedding.  I don't know how many guests you're having. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at Villa Ragusa too!  We are looking at $8,000 for 90ish people.

www.villaragusa.com
  • stanfordparkstanfordpark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Veronica,
    I am the Catering Sales Manager at the Stanford Park Hotel in Menlo Park, adjacent to Stanford University.  We are the only 5-star 5-diamond hotel in the San Francisco Peninsula.  I'm not sure what your wedding size is, but we often accommodate weddings on budgets under $15,000 beautifully in an indoor banquet space or in our lush outdoor courtyard.  Feel free to contact me at sadler@stanfordparkhotel.com if you would like some more information or to come take a tour!

-Shelley
  • edited December 2011
    You might be able to do this at the Terrace Room in Oakland.  It overlooks Lake Merritt and they don't charge a room rental fee.
  • janineenerjanineener member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also there is the Freedom Hall & Gardens in Santa Clara.  They are inexpensive and have very pretty garden area for pictures and their chicken madera is to die for.
  • BubbalubBubbalub member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have the same budget for 100-125 guests. We are getting married at The Faculty Club at UC Berkeley. Beautiful hall built in 1902 with a garden and terrace outside for the ceremony and cocktail hour.

Other places we looked at that were reasonably priced were the Brazilian Room at Tilden Park (beautiful!), The Log Cabin in the SF Presidio and the Camden-Stanford House on Lake Merritt (one of the last grand Victorians built around the lake).

Good luck and let us know what you find!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • YellenYellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend the Argonaut Hotel in San Francisco.  They have amazing packages and it's in the historic Cannery Building.  I had my wedding there and the service, food, location, and overall atmosphere exceeded all my expectations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards