• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

Anyone else...

wondering how they'll make it another 17 months? My FI has already said he'd be willing to bet I call him one day and tell him to just meet me at the court house so we can just do this already!

Re: Anyone else...

• I agree, I don't know how I'm going to make it.  But at the same time, I would be going crazy if I had to plan a wedding in under a year (I'm a total TypeA personality) so I guess it's better that it be a little long than short.

Although I got really sad when theknot e-mailed me in November to let me know it was *only* 18 months until my wedding...
  • YES! FI tells me everrrryday that we should just elope in CT!

But then I think that I want my dad to walk me down the aisle before he goes back to Iraq. ): And that the MAJORITY (over 90%) of our families in Boston/NH won't be there to celebrate with us! But time does really fly!!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • We're doing things a little differently for a variety of reasons... we'll be legally married for a year before we have our ceremony.
  • I have thought that about 16 times over the last 6 months.  Then I realize getting married now, won't mean much since we would STILL be a LDR.  sooo they I give a big sigh and hug my huge teddy bear.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • My terminology knowledge sucks... LDR? Aggiebug, where is FI? ):
  • sorry Long Distance Relationship.  My FI lives 3hrs away from me. That why I hug a teddy bear (wearing his t-shirt)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • aggiebug, I know how you feel. We were a LDR for a few years!
  • I'm still learning TK lingo! I'm a lurking newb. Poor Aggie!! I'm sorry! ): But the teddy/t-shirt nift is so cute!

FI and I were going to be in a LDR too, BUT he moved to CT because he hates driving on the Mass Pike! Haha.
  • haha  thanks yeah LDRs  stink.  I go to school in a fairly small town so there is nothing for him job wise, and I go to the only vet school in the state so I have to be here.  Its only 17 more months which isn't much in the grand scheme of things, there are just some days when it sucks more than others.  

oh and lingo on here is nuts . There are still several you see on (P&) E that I don't know. They have so many inside jokes that several come from so its hard.  There used to  be a link to all the most commonly used lingo but with the new layout I am not sure where to find it anymore.  
    Fred Rogers
  • Yah. I bookmarked the lingo... but there's sooo much that's not on there! That's why I lurk. I'm more active on my local board, but not everyone uses TK lingo... And I follow the P&E board, too... soo confusing!

I WANT to get to vet school!! I'm 2.5 yrs away from graduating from pharm school though. And the only vet school in the New England area is Tufts by Boston. It's sooo hard to get into!!
  • Tufts is a good school.  They are all hard to get into, but somebody gets in so you have to try! 
    Fred Rogers
  • Lol, thanks Aggie!! We'll see... I'll graduate from pharm school at 23 so another 2/3 yrs of school won't hurt (I guess)!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards