Not Engaged Yet

Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.

Last night, I had the most wonderful 'horrible proposal/ugly e-ring' dream. Please enjoy what is surely a sign that I am a freaking whack job...

It all started with el senor asking me to marry him, mixed into a 'things we should do this year' conversation we were having in bed. I was super excited but then two seconds later he was incredibly angry with me over something that I can't even remember. I walked upstairs to the kitchen where he was telling my mom and Bean what he was so angry about, to hear all three of them trash talking me. I started bawling hysterically asking what it was I had done.

From there I went into the bathroom and my butt exploded. After I had taken care of business I walked down the hallway and threw myself down the stairs. The whole time I'm tumbling (in slow motion) Bean was screaming "MOMMY! NOOOOOOOO!" I got to the bottom of the stairs, jumped up (as if I was a tumbling queen), and heard the doorbell ringing. I then opened the door to a guy in an Air Force uniform saying he was there to collect a debt from one of my older brothers and my mother. He started demanding that I give him their SSNs. Then I realized this dude's Air Force uniform was not quite standard. He was wearing a cowboy hat with rhinestones all around the brim, and his patches were all bedazzled. Instead of pants, he was wearing super short denim cutoffs and cowboy boots.

Oh and the e-ring, it was yellow gold and fashioned to look like a belt buckle, like this:

And now we have proof that I have a sick and twisted mind.
Anyone else have a fun dream to share?

ETA: Formatting/Paragraphs

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
 "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.

• Your real proposal will NEVER live up to those expectations. What a let down.

• Dreams are the best. I always love the whole, "It was a spider thing, but not spider like because it had 6 eyes, and they weren't really eyes they were coins, and the coins were used to buy the bubble gum that I couldn't taste."  It is like, "Whaaa?"

Hm interesting dreams to share... I got nothing.
  • beanbot2002beanbot2002 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_had-my-very-first-horrible-proposale-ring-dream-feel-like-a-real-adult?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65f563b-b18e-42b1-a1a2-96c881aa8ab2Post:16ba2659-6981-496d-ae03-1baae2c4fffc">Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your real proposal will NEVER live up to those expectations. What a let down.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Right? El senor has a lot to live up to, based on this dream. HA!

ETA: Names. Oy.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_had-my-very-first-horrible-proposale-ring-dream-feel-like-a-real-adult?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65f563b-b18e-42b1-a1a2-96c881aa8ab2Post:92c2970b-4578-4338-bca2-d095f75e481b">Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dreams are the best. I always love the whole, "It was a spider thing, but not spider like because it had 6 eyes, and they weren't really eyes they were coins, and the coins were used to buy the bubble gum that I couldn't taste."  It is like, "Whaaa?" Hm interesting dreams to share... I got nothing.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

I have these kinds of dreams all the damn time! El senor is always looking at me like I have 3 heads when I tell him about them.

ETA: Names...again. Cause I'm a dork, today.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_had-my-very-first-horrible-proposale-ring-dream-feel-like-a-real-adult?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65f563b-b18e-42b1-a1a2-96c881aa8ab2Post:ec379ad6-c636-42a4-99a7-b37488ac76fd">Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult. : I have these kinds of dreams all the damn time! Donald is always looking at me like I have 3 heads when I tell him about them.
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

It always makes sooo much sense in the dream and then you are sharing it and it requires sooo much explanation.

I realized the other day that I am constantly having dreams that take place in my grandparents house/some alternative version of their house in one specific room most times.
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, the house in this dream was definitely not our house. But it had stairs that were perfect for throwing yourself down cause they had a landing and then a 90 degree turn halfway down. So you got to the middle and smacked into the wall and then arms and legs went in 10 different directions.

• Most of my dreams (when I actually know where I am) take place at my old house in Delaware. So strange. 

• Last night I had a dream that BF and I were out to dinner with another couple we're friends with, when two SUPER HOT, model-like girls came up and started trying to talk to the guys. I kept looking at my friend like, "WTF? Are these girls for real?" Our boyfriends tried to ignore them while still being somewhat polite, but these girls were relentless. After a while, the two gorgeous girls asked BF and the other guy to go play 2-on-2 basketball with them outside of the restaurant, and our boyfriends went, saying "We'll just be gone a few minutes!" I spied on them the whole time, and these girls kept playfully bumping into them and kissing BF on the cheek. I was furious and upset. Finally, BF came back inside and I was like "What was that about?" and he just said "We'll talk about it later." and wouldn't say anything else. I was on the verge of tears when I woke up from that dream! 

It's my TOTM though, so my dreams are always a little extra crazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Your actual proposal is going to be so epic.
    I french with my man
  • That is funny. I haven't had any strange engagement dreams in awhile, I don't remember what happens but I always remember the ring being really odd.

Anniversary

• I had a dream on Saturday BF surprised me with a vacation and he packed for me, I was so nervous about what he packed.  I also had a dream later on the same night that I was breast feeding....

Anniversary

• I just had one this morning! I was arguing about moving with BF and then all of a sudden he pulls out a ring exactly like the one he bought me a couple years ago and stands there grumpily, saying, "Well?" And I am so confused so he shakes it in my face, shouting about how he's asking me to marry him because it will  make my mother happy.  He shoves the ring on my finger, throws the shower curtain over me, and storms out of the bathroom we were standing in.  My mother then comes swooping in and tells me she has the wedding all planned out already.

I had another dream that I was eating at Denny's with a huge group of my friends like we used to do and at the end of the meal, BF reaches into a wardrobe that's right next to the table and pulls out this elaborate ring box that looks like a mini circus tent in pastel colors.  He gets on one knee and asks me if I know what the ring box is. I tell him nope because it looks like a tiny circus tent.  He opens it to reveal a beautiful ring and asks me to marry him.  And the first words out of my mouth are, "Are you sh*ting me? Are you F***ing sh*ting me?" Waking up happened right around then.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_had-my-very-first-horrible-proposale-ring-dream-feel-like-a-real-adult?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65f563b-b18e-42b1-a1a2-96c881aa8ab2Post:2f71ddcb-e809-4237-9869-240f31a74fbc">Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a dream on Saturday BF surprised me with a vacation and he packed for me, I was so nervous about what he packed. <strong> I also had a dream later on the same night that I was breast feeding....
    </strong>Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha awesome

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_had-my-very-first-horrible-proposale-ring-dream-feel-like-a-real-adult?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65f563b-b18e-42b1-a1a2-96c881aa8ab2Post:9a788323-8e85-4949-9a38-48a7f5f46994">Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your actual proposal is going to be so epic.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Complete with you serenading us?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_had-my-very-first-horrible-proposale-ring-dream-feel-like-a-real-adult?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65f563b-b18e-42b1-a1a2-96c881aa8ab2Post:e039e408-9f86-4c2d-8dac-627fbb1fbf51">Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had one this morning! I was arguing about moving with BF and then all of a sudden he pulls out a ring exactly like the one he bought me a couple years ago and stands there grumpily, saying, "Well?" And I am so confused so he shakes it in my face, shouting about how he's asking me to marry him because it will  make my mother happy.  He shoves the ring on my finger, throws the shower curtain over me, and storms out of the bathroom we were standing in.  My mother then comes swooping in and tells me she has the wedding all planned out already. I had another dream that I was eating at Denny's with a huge group of my friends like we used to do and at the end of the meal, BF reaches into a wardrobe that's right next to the table and pulls out this elaborate ring box that looks like a mini circus tent in pastel colors.  He gets on one knee and asks me if I know what the ring box is. I tell him nope because it looks like a tiny circus tent.  He opens it to reveal a beautiful ring and asks me to marry him.  And the first words out of my mouth are, "Are you sh*ting me? Are you F***ing sh*ting me?" Waking up happened right around then.
    Posted by Shiroyasha[/QUOTE]

I am so happy, right now, to know that my mind isn't the only one that is completely f-ed up. HAHAHAHAHA These were awesome.

• I had a dream two nights ago that DH and I were getting a divorce. We were sitting in a car outside of a Wal-mart and he said something like 'you know we have different ideas about finances. When we have extra money, I want to spend it and you want to save it. We'll never be able to stay together.' I then granted him the divorce and he said he was surprised I didn't cry. I then spent the rest of the dream running around like crazy trying to get him to take me back. I think I wrote something in marker on my favorite quilt. I have NEVER EVER been so happy to wake up from a dream. 

I told DH about the dream and his exact words were "Just be nice to me and we'll be fine." I love him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I love reading everyone's crazy dreams. I have wierd dreams almost every night and I remember at least one of them 99% of the time. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been having a lot of pregnancy dreams.  Maybe we need to start taking better sedatives haha
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_had-my-very-first-horrible-proposale-ring-dream-feel-like-a-real-adult?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65f563b-b18e-42b1-a1a2-96c881aa8ab2Post:5e963eb7-092d-43de-bb56-a7ccca08560d">Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a dream two nights ago that DH and I were getting a divorce. We were sitting in a car outside of a Wal-mart and he said something like 'you know we have different ideas about finances. When we have extra money, I want to spend it and you want to save it. We'll never be able to stay together.' I then granted him the divorce and he said he was surprised I didn't cry. I then spent the rest of the dream running around like crazy trying to get him to take me back. I think I wrote something in marker on my favorite quilt. I have NEVER EVER been so happy to wake up from a dream.  I told DH about the dream and his exact words were "Just be nice to me and we'll be fine." I love him.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that would freak me out. Your hubby is wonderful. Now that you guys are east coasters again, I need to come meet y'all.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_had-my-very-first-horrible-proposale-ring-dream-feel-like-a-real-adult?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65f563b-b18e-42b1-a1a2-96c881aa8ab2Post:faf0c9f6-0b9d-4430-b1ff-5d733eb29540">Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been having a lot of pregnancy dreams.  Maybe we need to start taking better sedatives haha
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]

I seriously cannot wait for a mini-Sak. I will share my toilet paper with them.

• I posted my dream in the wrong thread. 

I've been having wedding nightmares lately. A good one was a couple weeks ago, FI cheated on me and then brought the girl to the wedding and told me at the altar he would see me later. I woke up crying. When I told him he laughed and said "well, it was just dream cheating, so it doesn't count, right? like, you can't be mad." Hahaha. 

My craziest dreams involve a multi-level maze with a couple of "rooms" filled with brightly colored cusions and pillows.   
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Aud: I saw your other dream post hahaha

I say we all swing down to Texas (w/ Galifinakis in tow), scoop you up, and go wild. In the end we don't hate you, though. Sound good?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_had-my-very-first-horrible-proposale-ring-dream-feel-like-a-real-adult?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65f563b-b18e-42b1-a1a2-96c881aa8ab2Post:07229e43-a767-4081-b741-c38527cf52d2">Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aud: I saw your other dream post hahaha   I say we all swing down to Texas (w/ Galifinakis in tow), scoop you up, and go wild. In the end we don't hate you, though. Sound good?

<div>I may just have an anxiety attack. Lol. But that's why you slip me the ruffies, right? </div><div>
    </div>

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_had-my-very-first-horrible-proposale-ring-dream-feel-like-a-real-adult?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65f563b-b18e-42b1-a1a2-96c881aa8ab2Post:9e8f1a16-4d7d-4b8d-980d-28629f9b78b7">Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult. : I seriously cannot wait for a mini-Sak. I will share my toilet paper with them.
    I will raise mini-Sak to share toilet paper with you too!
    Anniversary
  • Bean, have I told you lately that I love you?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_had-my-very-first-horrible-proposale-ring-dream-feel-like-a-real-adult?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65f563b-b18e-42b1-a1a2-96c881aa8ab2Post:faf0c9f6-0b9d-4430-b1ff-5d733eb29540">Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been having a lot of pregnancy dreams.  Maybe we need to start taking better sedatives haha
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]

<div>BehbehSak?!? Yes plz. </div>

• Clearly this dream means your future proposal isn't valid unless you fall down some stairs before or after El senior propose.

I have very strange dreams that are all very long and elaborate.  But I didn't have any last night so I don't remember.  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_had-my-very-first-horrible-proposale-ring-dream-feel-like-a-real-adult?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65f563b-b18e-42b1-a1a2-96c881aa8ab2Post:45af9f6a-5d3d-42f0-9732-2b38f4332df4">Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult. : I may just have an anxiety attack. Lol. But that's why you slip me the ruffies, right? 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

<div>Definitely read that as "slip me the ruffles" and was like "RUFFLES?  Chips or the fabric kind? Do the chips just make her happy and the fabric kind give her some sort of 12 year old girl thing where she just wants to pick flowers?"</div><div>
    </div><div>No, I've not been drinking.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_had-my-very-first-horrible-proposale-ring-dream-feel-like-a-real-adult?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65f563b-b18e-42b1-a1a2-96c881aa8ab2Post:11c08109-f576-41dc-be04-5d4d3b8a4d76">Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult. : Definitely read that as "slip me the ruffles" and was like "RUFFLES?  Chips or the fabric kind? Do the chips just make her happy and the fabric kind give her some sort of 12 year old girl thing where she just wants to pick flowers?" No, I've not been drinking.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

No sh!t, this was my exact first thought as well. I knew we were made for each other.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_had-my-very-first-horrible-proposale-ring-dream-feel-like-a-real-adult?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65f563b-b18e-42b1-a1a2-96c881aa8ab2Post:2b8c0bf3-3b07-4dfb-8d5e-bd3056f328e6">Re: Had my very first "Horrible Proposal/E-ring" dream. Feel like a real adult.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bean, have I told you lately that I love you?
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

Shoes, have I told you-there's no one else above you? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards