Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Registries?

Hey ladies,
I was just wondering where everyone is/was registered at and how did it go? I've heard good things about the Dillard's registry and I'm thinking about setting up a honeymoon registry on travelersjoy.com but that's about it. I was hoping for a place that would have a lot of stuff the FI would like, like a sporting goods store, but there's none that I know of that do registries. Do yall have any ideas or suggestions??
Thanks!!
Angela
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Registries?

• edited December 2011
    We are doing Crate and Barrel and Bed Bath and Beyond.

Some stores that carry sporting goods that come to mind are Target and Sears and REI.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • annielouiseannielouise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We registered at Bed Bath and Beyond (Fiance had a great time with all the kitchen gadgets) and Pampered Chef. 
    My brother and SIL registered at REI and from what I hear they really liked it!

• cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered with honeymoonwishes.com
  • edited December 2011
    We only registered at BBB, that's how much I hate registering.  :)

I have heard good things about Macy's and a friend of mine registered at Lowe's.  They got a ladder and they love it.  Ha.
  • Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did Target.com, Williams Sonoma (because we like to cook), and myregistry.com because it allowed us to put a bunch of random stuff together (anything in an online store is fair game)

Our guests cleaned out our Williams Sonoma registry first (and quickly), bought most of the stuff on our Target one, and only bought a few things off myregistry.com
  • edited December 2011
    We did Target and BB&B.  I hated registering.  We have had our house for a year and half and I hate cooking so we really didn't need much.  Also, I have expensive taste...I don't mind paying for something that costs a little more if that's what I like, but I don't like asking people to buy me the expensive stuff...it feels wierd.

FYI: Lowe's doesn't do registries anymore.  I found that out this last weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a honeymoon registry and one at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Anniversary

• mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, and Macys. If you need man stuff, I think Sears is one of the few places with a registry. 
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • edited December 2011
    cfibelkorn - I'm totally curious how a honeymoon registry works.  Can you give some insight?  THX!
  • amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did BB&B, Dillard's, and Pampered Chef.  All of them I had great experiences with and no problems with returns and registry updates/edits.  

BB&B has the best completion program that I found.  DH found tons of stuff he loved and wanted from BB&B.   They are by far the most user friendly registry for both the couple and the guests.  This includes my experience with Target, Macy's, and C&B registries as a guest.  Most of our gifts and gift cards were from BB&B.

Dillard's was mainly for my china and some other things I threw in to round it out.  DH could not have cared less about any of the things offered at Dillard's, although he now loves the bamboo chip and dip bowl we got from that registry.  They were very friendly and helpful, but it's not as easy as BB&B.  But once I figured it out, it was good.  But like I said, most all I got off this registry was china (which is what I used it for anyway).  

I only think Pampered Chef will work for people if they do a shower or everyone knows the consultant.  I had both, so I got quite a few PC gifts.  I could, however, see it being a pain if many people weren't good friends with the consultant (which made any returns easy for me) or you had a PC shower.  Their products, however, are amazing.  If I had not done this, I would have registered at William Sonoma.  

We looked into registering at Lowe's and Home Depot.  They don't do registries at Lowe's and Home Depot wasn't computerized, so it would be a PITA.  I told him we could ask for tools for Christmas :)

Sorry so long, HTH!

photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• edited December 2011
    We did Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond.   We had all of the significant items purchased from both of them with no trouble.
  • lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Dillard's, BBB and JC Penney. FI's family lives in a small town and they only have Wal-Mart and a catalog JCP, so JCP was the best fit for them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We have BB&B and myregistry.com.  We got notified this morning that one of the bigger items on our myregistry.com list was purchased.  :)  I like it because of the iPhone app - and I registered for gift cards from different stores so people could go that direction if they wanted.

• edited December 2011
    We did Crate and Barrel and Bed, Bath and Beyond.  I was surprised to find that Chris scanned some (usable) items that I didn't see until I check the BB&B online.  He had a lot of fun picking out things there.
  • tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did Crate & Barrel, BBB and Target. We could have done without target as we ended up not having that much stuff on there and not much was bought from there. I would recommend all of the places.
  • msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have them at C&B, Macy's, and Dillards.  All have been easy to work with and make updates, but I have not done any returns yet.  As I was looking today, I realized that someone bought the wrong set of flatwear, so I'll figure out the return policy as soon as I get it.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • CJandMLCJandML member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan to do Macy's, Target and JCPenney or Kohl's.

I thought about bed bath and beyond, but I feel like everything is so overpriced there

I was suppose to do the sip and scan in Feb, but it was the night of the record breaking snow and they would never get back to me.

I just checked my P.O. box and Target sent me a coupon for a $20 gift card with a new registery with at least 10 items. To bad it expired.:(
  • edited December 2011
    My best friend registered at amazon.com. it's great for OOT guests because they'll ship it directly to you, so they don't have to travel with a gift.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CJandMLCJandML member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even think of amazon!
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't started my registries yet, but one of my friends said that Macy's was annoying b/c they kept pushing you too add new things to your registry...idk though.  I haven't done any research yet!
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow thanks for all of the response!! I was thinking about doing Macy's but I was afraid stuff from there would be too expensive. I didn't even think about BB&B, I guess I can try to take the FI there and see what he thinks. If REI has a registry that would be awesome!!

Mandaroo- Someone has probably answered you already, but for travelersjoy.com you set up a website describing different things like activities or dinner or whatever you want and you put a price for it and people can "buy" those things for you. What ends up happening is that the money just goes straight to you to buy those things yourself. They do take out a small fee before they send the money to you, but they don't charge your guests a fee to use it like some do.
  • edited December 2011
    we did four, but not many things on each one...
    kohls
    walmart
    tupperware
    gift cards with our photographer (for extra photos and books - the photographer is already paid for)

it was VERY hard to register since we have everything we need and buy whatever we want when we want it!!!
  • Myles+TamiMyles+Tami member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've lived together for so so long that we don't really *need* anything houseware wise.

A Home Depot or Lowes registry would be awesome. I wonder why they don't have one!?

I really don't know what we're going to do.
  • chantico23chantico23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at BB&B, Dillards, and amazon.com.  (Amazon has tools, and is a great place to register for less traditional gifts.)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards