Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

October wedding-when to start registry?

Hey girls! Ism getting married in October. Just wondering how far in advance should you start your registries. We are planning on doing my shower in July/August and I wasn't planning on doing the registry until March/April but my mom kinda freaked me out last night. She told me I should start them sooner because it takes some time to finalize them. Any thoughts would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Re: October wedding-when to start registry?

• We started ours in September and getting married in May.  You may want to make a few visits as attempting to do it all in one day is pretty exhausting and I don't know how your FI is, but mine got pretty antsy to leave after 2 hours hah! 

Just keep in mind that you may need to check it periodically to make sure everything is still available and hasn't been discontinued.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • March/April is a good time frame. There's really no need to do it earlier, especially because you run the risk of things being discontinued. And I agree with PP, believe it or not registering can be exhausting. We spent 3 hours at BB&B and that was AFTER we had already made a list of things to register for beforehand.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_october-wedding-when-to-start-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:74fd89c1-cff8-463d-9c20-b7eab63b13f1Post:e02e19f6-cb46-414e-b0c1-74c2250d250e">Re: October wedding-when to start registry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]March/April is a good time frame. There's really no need to do it earlier, especially because you run the risk of things being discontinued. And I agree with PP, believe it or not registering can be exhausting. We spent 3 hours at BB&B and that was AFTER we had already made a list of things to register for beforehand.
    Posted by jessa1228[/QUOTE]

We spent 3+ hours as well! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • your guys did better than mine! in the matter of an hour, he registered for a hot dog roller, marshmellow shooter, and floating rubber ducky...haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards