Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Unique venues in Philly area

Hi all, I'm looking for some ideas for unique wedding venues in the Philadelphia area.  We have looked at Artesano Iron Works in Manayunk and really like the space, but are interested in researching other options.  Does anyone have recommendations for places that have a similar feel to Iron Works or any other place that is different from your traditional ballroom, perhaps other art galleries or theaters??

Thanks !!

Re: Unique venues in Philly area

• Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to check out Waterworks in the city. I was there for a work party a few months ago and thought it was a great space. It's a restaurant with a lot of outdoor area that looks over Boathouse Row and the river.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding is at Artesano, so I was going to suggest that, but I'd also recommend:

TRUST - the former Real World House.  It's a 2 story gallery, blank slate, which you would basically transform to make it look exactly as you want.  My FSIL had her wedding there - amazing!
  • _Dagney__Dagney_ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also the Chestnut Club.  It is a raw space on chestnut street.  Brick Walls, etc.  Pretty nice.  Near 17th or so?
  • QuelineQueline member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the info, I will be sure to check these places out!
  • linyounglinyoung member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eyyy Jac, it's L stalking these boards just for you on my old name hahaha check out my screen name!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards