Wedding Etiquette Forum

Look here...

Re: Look here...

• Ohio has "brew thrus" - Drive through liquor stores. Don't even have to leave the car.
  • I'm sorry, guys.  I really should not have put so much of my ish on the internet. 

I am not trying to be a doormat, or look like an idiot.  I realize that my stance on this probably looks like either of those things, or laying down and giving up and letting him walk all over me.  What it comes down to is this: I really have no fucking idea what I'm doing.  There is no plan, I'm going along day by day and tackling what comes and hoping that I'm making the right decisions. 

Have I thought about moving out, even temporarily?  Yes.  But financially, it is not possible right now.  I can't afford to pay rent on another place and also pay rent on the apartment we have.  Moving home to my parents' house is out of the question.  My mother told me very plainly back when this all began that if I wasn't going to divorce him, she didn't want me coming crying to her about him, so my family isn't aware that anything is wrong now.

I don't know if I'm making the right decisions.  I'm doing what our counselor told me is the best course of action, and what I feel day by day is the best thing to do.  And I'm sorry that this came up in another thread.  It was really not my intention by joining the conversation.

I'm sorry.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Edmund, my husband, almost ready to buy a house, admitting to an IRL friend that I am suffering from PPD. Thats all I can think of right now.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Moorhead has a drive thru liquor store!

Also? When I lived in Indy? Bazbeaux's would deliver pizza and 6 pack of beer.

I love that place.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Charleston liquor stores were closed on Sundays, but I think you could still buy beer & wine in grocery stores, but after noon. I think. TR probably knows better than I do now. I know all of their bars close down at 2am.
  • Now that sounds like a cool place, Fish!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• LoopysevenLoopyseven member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Bay - you do what you have to do to love yourself and be happy.  I'm sure there are tons of good things too but we don't usually brag on our hubby's as much as we vent when we're aggravated with them.

ETA - and don't EVER apologize for coming to friends for support when you need a little pick me up.
  • Bay - please don't apolgogize.  This is the last I'll say on the situation since I'm sure it's not fun reading other people saying how they'd live your life, I'm sorry.  Please know (and I'm just assuming here, haha) that we're all trying, in our own clumsy ways, to come from a place of love and caring.  I can't speak for everyone, but I for one am not juding you AT. ALL.  I would never dare to judge what someone does in a situation of such grief and you are grieving in a way.  
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • MK that sounds about right (the SC liquor laws).
  • Aw, Bay, the last thing you need to do is apologize!

I am your friend.

I worry about you.

I want you to be ok.

I trust you are making the best decisions for you.

In full circle, I am your friend, and you deserve better from your husband. I won't back down on that. Not one bit. But I don't think you are backing down from it either.

I really just want you to feel like it's ok to put your foot down. It's ok to say NO. YOU CANT TALK TO HER.

And, admittedly, you maybe have done/said that, and I haven't seen it. My new job is eating my life.

I just want you to feel like your emotions are valid. ACTING on your emotions is valid.

And if I have to come and kick your husband square in the ball sack, I'll do that, too. ♥

The Margarita Evolution
  • I've never not been able to buy beer basically anywhere (gas stations, Rite Aid, grocery stores, etc).  I LOVE  having wine in all of those stores though too now.

Bay- don't apologize, and don't feel like you need to explain your decisions.  It's your decision and yours alone to make.  Everyone is different, and their reactions to situations are different.  Also, nobody knows 100% what they would do until they are in the situation themselves.  And definitely don't apoligize for it being in another thread, you aren't even the one who started talking about . You just have a lot of people here who love you and want you to be happy and treated like you deserved.  If that's with your H, fantastic.  If that's down the road with someone else, so be it.  But don't apologize to us.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • New Hampshire has Live Free or Die! We can get pull over on the high way and buy booze at the state run liquor stores! Beer and wine in the grocery 7 days and week! Go get your beer at 24 hour Walmart!!
  • Fische, that sounds awesome! I want beer delivered with my pizza! 
  • Bay you have no reason to apologize. 
  • Bay I think anyone inside the situation might not know what they're doing day to day. I speculate now what I might do, but faced with it, who knows.

Take it day by day, like you say. But please don't feel bad for putting it out there. We're here to support each other. People might not ever forget what he's doing to you now, but if things work out in the end, they'll always remember the happy ending too.
  • OR OR OR!?!!!?!

If you want to come live with me, Scott, and the cats for a spell, we'd lovingly take you. ANY OF YOU, THAT IS.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Bay, please don't feel bad about sharing with us. I don't think anyone thinks any less of you for staying with him. I think it's just natural to be mad at (and want to kick the balls of) someone who hurt your friend.

Unrelated, but my SIL is an obnoxious know-it-all. I really want to delete her from FB, but she's such a drama queen, it won't be worth it.
  • Bay, please don't apologize.
  • And what TR, Fishy, and DNB said too. Pretend I'm nodding along with them.
  • For those of you who read The Giver, did any of you read the author's follow-up books (that weren't really follow-ups)?
  • Edie, I did, since she has no problem sharing what diapers look like after her daughter eats blueberries.

I used to hide some of my stuff from her, but she found out her sister could see it and raised holy hell. I really just want to smack her sometimes. 
  • Stlrz - I didn't even know there were follow up books.
  • ND rules!

But for real, I THINK our unemployment rate is like...3 percent? maybe?

But, you want to be on the eastern side of the state, not the western, oil rigging side.

It's horrible out there.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Strlz I haven't, but think I downloaded one for my E reader. That or it's on my wishlist.
  • Thanks, guys.  I really do appreciate all of the things you have said.  I'm not the type of person that resents people for the tough love or telling it like it is.  I know that if any of you were in my shoes, and I was on the outside, I'd be just as indignant and angry on your behalf.  You are wonderful.

Fish I would LOVE to come to live with you and Scott.  If only it weren't such a hell of a commute from Fargo five days a week.

Thanks, everyone.

• It's so good to see you, STEEZ!!!!! ♥

Thank you for not defriending me over our disagreements on JPa. I thought maybe you'd hate me after that. AND MAYBE YOU DO, but if you do, you hide it well. :)

The Margarita Evolution
  • I thought of another good thing for today. Our friends mom offered to watch Edmund tonight so that we could go have a night out, albeit a late night. She has kinda adopted E as her own grandson and loves him so much and he loves her. I love that he likes being around her.
  • YOU CAN STAY WITH ME CHRISSY!!!!

True story: I ran the Fargo 5K 2 years ago? And I drank 3 tall beers at Bdubs just prior to it.

I'm ok with it. I think I finished in 38 minutes.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Ciara it is really good to see you.

Stlz, I read The Giver but I did not read the sequels.  I didn't even know there were sequels until about a year ago.

• Fishy I definitely don't hate you and I totally respect your right to your own opinion on the matter.  It would take a hell of a lot more for me to defriend you.  If I only kept FB friends that agreed with me on everything, I'd have very few FB friends left.  It's all good.  I hope you don't hate me either. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards