Georgia-Atlanta

Barn/Rustic Venue, South of Atl

Hello!This mis my first post after lots of lurking. 
I'm looking for a barn/rustic venue south of Atlanta. Or near Atlanta I guess. I've searched on here for ideas but other than Vinewood Palntation, all I can find is in North Ga, and that's just too far. I'm located on the western side of Ga about an hr below Atl. I'm in love with Vinewood and plan to go see it but from what I've read, it may be out of my price range. If anyone has suggestions for venues near me, I'd love to hear them.
Thanks!

Re: Barn/Rustic Venue, South of Atl

• I'm surprised more people don't know about serenbe (serenbe.com) it's south of the city and home to the 2012 HGTV green home. I'm not sure about the prices, but i've seen some amazing weddings there. Try searching on style me pretty or doing a quick google search of serenbe weddings. I've seen awesome photos of really nice weddings at their inn and their farms and barn. I would post direct links, but I'm on my tablet and it's a complete POS. Good luck!
  • Where in west GA are you located?
  • Oh, also try Calloway Gardens. Again, not sure of pricing but they have some beatiful grounds and gardens that would be great for an outdoor, gardeny wedding. I'm positive you could do a great rustic wedding there. No harm in emailing and asking for quotes!
  • Thanks for the suggestion! Iwill definitely be calling them to get more information.

I'm in the Lagrange area.
  • Macon's Place (in my bio) might work for you. It's in the Columbus/Cataula aea and it's very affordable.
  • Vinewood is a great location. I have catered there and they are wonderful. However if you are looking for the same feel, withou the price tag there is a place called Sunset Ranch in Villa Rica, GA. They are $650 per day. The space holds 300 without a dance space and 150 with a dance space all inside. Also there is a great local caterer out there Gabe's Downtown. You can find them under the local cateres here on the knot and they are awesome!
  • In Response to Re:Barn/Rustic Venue, South of Atl:[QUOTE]Vinewood is a great location. I have catered there and they are wonderful. However if you are looking for the same feel, withou the price tag there is a place callednbsp;Sunset Ranchnbsp;in Villa Rica, GA. They are 650 per day. The space holds 300 without a dance space and 150 with a dance space all inside. Also there is a great local caterer out therenbsp;Gabe's Downtown. You can find them under the local cateres here on the knot and they are awesome! Posted by michellepethel[/QUOTE]

Loving the price of Sunset Ranch! Do you happen to know if chairs/tables are included for the ceremony and reception? I'll definitely be contacting them to get more info! Thanks!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_barnrustic-venue-south-of-atl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:30e994b0-7c74-4a49-9370-19c355abd6d9Post:2410f1e8-0ec7-446f-99ce-178c29dd97b9">Re: Barn/Rustic Venue, South of Atl</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vinewood is a great location. I have catered there and they are wonderful. However if you are looking for the same feel, withou the price tag there is a place called  Sunset Ranch  in Villa Rica, GA. They are $650 per day. The space holds 300 without a dance space and 150 with a dance space all inside. Also there is a great local caterer out there  Gabe's Downtown . You can find them under the local cateres here on the knot and they are awesome!
    Posted by michellepethel[/QUOTE]

Hey,If you are a DIY bride like me, and having a barn wedding, you should check out my mom's new vintage china rental business. She started buying up dishes for my wedding and now started renting the dishes out. They are beautiful! <a href="http://www.thevintagechicks.com" rel="nofollow">www.thevintagechicks.com</a>
    Good luck,
    Savannah
  • Chairs and tables are included I'm pretty sure. I attached a link on there name in the previous post that should take you to the site. I know of several more in the west area, but none even close to the price range of Sunset. So if you like that then it is your best bet. Also Gabe's is going to be having a rather elegant ballroom soon that you could host your rehersal dinner at since it is close. They give you $200 off if you book your wedding and rehersal dinner. 
  • In Response to Barn/Rustic Venue, South of Atl:
    I'm assisting my sister plan her wedding. She lives in Columbus ga. Her venue is Oakhurst Farms in West Point GA.
     Here is the info: Oakhust Farm 19888 Ga Highway 219
    West Point, GA 31833-5616.

• mariahickmanmariahickman member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Vinewood in Newnan is absolutely stunning and offers two options for a rustic chic wedding - a 5,000 sf stable for a larger wedding and High Meadows at Vinewood for a more intimate affair. Both spaces provide an outdoor ceremony and barn venue for your reception. Most of our brides host quite a few guests from out of town and have found that because of our close proximity to the airport Vinewood is a perfect option. Please feel free to call or email me with questions regarding your wedding. We would love to be a part of your big day!!

Maria Fabre Hickman
    678-859-1172
    Director of Sales & Events
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards