New Jersey

Call me crazy but....

I am starting to lurk on thebump.  I even went as far as posting tonight :) Yikes....but there was a post regarding naming a girl Nora or Brynn!  Our top two girls names! I could not resist posting...

Re: Call me crazy but....

• felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking to have kids sooner rather than later, after you wed? Either way there is no harm is being prepared with a few names, haha.  Just recently, like the past 2 weeks, have been thinking of girl names, we got boy names covered.  But we are still years away from having kids.  
  • edited December 2011
    Yup! We want kids within the first year.  My Fi is all about being a dad....maybe ever a stay at home! We will see. I feel like we will need two incomes. We are working out those details now.  UGH! I have nothing for boys names.
  • NJhousewife22NJhousewife22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I browse ocassionally, but now I get ALL these emails from the bumb about my "baby". Um....I was just window shopping peeps!
  • felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_call-crazy-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:50b7b3bd-40fe-470b-b9cf-549c07ec84aaPost:64d33b68-fce9-41d1-9e33-6cd500ba0078">Re: Call me crazy but....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yup! We want kids within the first year.  My Fi is all about being a dad....maybe ever a stay at home! We will see. I feel like we will need two incomes. We are working out those details now.  UGH! I have nothing for boys names.
    Posted by colmckenn[/QUOTE]

<div>I would like to be a SAHM, but I think I will probably have to have some sort of job on the side, maybe like a home based business, I'm with you, still working out the details, but we have time.  Boy names were easy for us, we just plan to pass down names from both sides of the family (if we have two boys).  H and I just recently had a very funny conversation about how many kids to have.  We always agreed that we wanted at least 2 but didn't really talk about a max.  So we decided the other day it will be somewhere between 2 and 5 but not 3, haha.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Do you have any family members (men) that you would like to pass down their name?  </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_call-crazy-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:50b7b3bd-40fe-470b-b9cf-549c07ec84aaPost:64d33b68-fce9-41d1-9e33-6cd500ba0078">Re: Call me crazy but....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yup! We want kids within the first year.  My Fi is all about being a dad....maybe ever a stay at home! We will see. I feel like we will need two incomes. We are working out those details now.  UGH! I have nothing for boys names.
    Posted by colmckenn[/QUOTE]

<div>My FI is the same way!  It doesn't help that he's older than me either and he claims he doesn't want to be an "old dad."  Either way, we have no money for that right now!</div>
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I will admit that I have browsed the site to see what vitamins you should take in advance.  We are getting married next july and would like to start trying that November.  I will be 30 and FI will be 31 we both want to get started right away so we can have 2 back to back and be done!!

So are we sharing our potential names?  If we have a girl we love the name Leah and for a boy we like owen and noah.  But I am sure that this can all very well change in a year and a half from now but it's fun to talk about it :)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I thought I was one of the only people doing things like this!
    FI and I are going to start trying on the Honeymoon so we will see what happens :)
    He is the youngest of 3 boys and I am an only child. We are hoping to have 3-4 kids actually and if it is possible have me be a SAHM for the first few years.

Glad I am in such good company!

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
  • edited December 2011
     I am 25 and FI is 27. He does not want to be an old dad either. We figure babies at 26 and 28/29 for me and we can be done with two.  Twins would be PERFECT!!!

Wow!!! I am glad I am not alone :o)  My favorite specialty board to stalk is the baby names board.  I have to steer clear of "J" names for boys or girls...my family already has a Jannon, Jesse, Jack, James.  FI likes my dad's name, Dennis, for a boy. I don't love it.  I love Owen for a boy. That's the name that popped into my head last night.  I have always loved Liam but FI recently had a still born baby boy cousin named Liam :(

I am stopping my BC after this cycle so that it can be "out of my system" for the honeymoon. I work in a school so ideally I would want to have the baby March 2012.  I would finish out the year between maternity and family medical leave.  I would return to work September. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards