California-Los Angeles

Wedding gown shopping on a budget: San Diego to Los Angeles

I currently live in Boston, but I am getting married November 3rd in San Diego.

I will be travelling to San Diego the first week of July in search of a wedding dress. My budget will be about $800. I need to accumulate a list of shops around the San Diego area (including all the way up to Los Angeles) to visit on my short trip.

It helps if the shops have a website I can look at to see the quality in the dresses they offer (and preferrably prices too...but that seems like a stretch). I really just want to maximize my budget and time, seeing as though I will only be in San Diego for a week.

Thanks for all comments and suggestions in advance :):):)

Re: Wedding gown shopping on a budget: San Diego to Los Angeles

• There's a place called Jinny's Bridal. It's in Huntington Beach. It's on the way to San Diego, about 2030 minutes from Los Angeles. They're prices are very reasonable. And all the staff was friendly each time that I have been there. Here's the info: 16089 Goldenwest St. Huntington Beach, CA 92647 714 8426440
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_wedding-gown-shopping-on-a-budget-san-diego-to-los-angeles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:68Discussion:b351b6f8-7e97-4248-bd2f-a630b1fae63dPost:06f920f4-4d20-49bd-a1d8-0de5af0e93a3">Re:Wedding gown shopping on a budget: San Diego to Los Angeles</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's a place called Jinny's Bridal. It's in Huntington Beach. It's on the way to San Diego, about 2030 minutes from Los Angeles. They're prices are very reasonable. And all the staff was friendly each time that I have been there. Here's the info: 16089 Goldenwest St. Huntington Beach, CA 92647 714 8426440
    Posted by monet7383[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely add this to my list :)
  • Unique Vintage in Burbank
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The Glamour closet in LA has all sample dresses.  You buy as is, but they have beautiful designer dresses for discounted prices.  
  • In Temple City up in LA there's a whole street (Las Tunas)of wedding stores. They are owned by a lot of Asians, but you can find a lot of glamorous dress starting at $400 not even on sale. Most of them are factor direct which is why it's so cheap. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions...I'm compiling my list of suggested shops and planning my trek all over SoCal ...wish me luck!
  • edited August 2013
    I was looking into this place for myself, you might be interested: http://www.simplybridal.com/ads/catsite_wdrown/002/a/

You have to make an appointment to try on the dresses, but you can only buy them by ordering them online.  The dresses are inexpensive, it looks like the most expensive dress is about a hundred dollars under your budget.

Also check out Davids Bridal, they have some Vera Wang dresses on sale pretty cheap: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Browse_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Designer-White-by-Vera-Wang_pageNo-3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards