Ohio-Toledo

QOTD?

Anyone mind if I take over QOTD while Colleen is away?

If not, here is my question:

Is there any significance as to why you chose your wedding date? 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: QOTD?

• rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There is no significance behind our wedding date.  I wanted an outside late spring or summer wedding on a Saturday evening.  That narrowed it down for us quite a bit and we picked the first day that our venue had open.  After we booked it, we found out it is our Best Man's dad's birthday, but he is excited that there will be a big celebration going on for his bday!  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

Yes, continue it while she's gone! 

No significance to our date... I graduated early May and wanted a summer wedding after that.  We wanted late May/early June because of the nice weather, even though we were having an inside wedding.  The last weekend of May was Memorial day, so we chose then next weekend--June 5!

• jesselyn&kjesselyn&k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding day (June 25) is one day earlier than our dating anniversary, so we just thought it would be easy to remember. And we needed a summer wedding, because I am still a student.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No significance to our date either.  We just wanted a fall wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Just thought Sept was good and tried to make sure we didn't run into birthdays
  • edited December 2011
    We found a cute little ghost cake topper (picture below) and decided to have the wedding around Halloween (10/30) but nothing else at the wedding will be halloween related!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No significance.  FI and I live in Colorado, but the wedding will be in Toledo, so we needed a lot of vacation time to go back and forth to meet with vendors, etc.  The priest in particular could not do the meeting over the phone.  It *had* to be in person. Also, FI's best friend was getting married at a destination wedding (he's the bestman in our wedding; FI was a groomsman in his) , so we needed to use more vacation time for that.

We picked the Saturday after Thanksgiving because we'd get the 4-day weekend automatically every year, and it maximized our vacation this year.  The other option was Labor Day weekend, but we needed at least a 10 month planning period with the Archdiocese of Denver to get all the Catholic wedding requirements out of the way.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope.  Just wanted a late summer/early fall wedding and we thought we chose the last week before college football started, but it turned out our wedding was ON opening day.  Oops. :(:(
    We watched some games before and in between, and got score updates throughout, lol.
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • k22tk22t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nope.   we wanted a fall wedding and just decided on october.
    Kris....I'm finally a Mrs! 10/11/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards