Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

FFF

TGIF, ladies!

I flame our potential RD place for still not returning any of my calls and it's been almost a week.  I went in and talked to the owner in person, everything sounded great, but he said the wifey handled everything with this so she'd call me.  She did, when I was at work last Wednesday.  I returned her call Saturday (I worked 12-14 hour shifts and didn't want to call her personal cell at 8PM).  Called her again Wednesday.  Still haven't heard back.  So I guess we'll drive up to Plano and deal with this in person again tomorrow...

I also flame house hunting.  After losing the bidding war on the house we really wanted, absolutely nothing else we're interested in has come on the market. :(
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: FFF

• angelsong - so sorry about the RD AND house stuff. We are dealing with RD ourselves right now, and it's a mess.

I flame the new Adobe Acrobat. #whitepeopleproblems
  • Hey Amy, one of the things about downtown Plano is that the service is always sloooow.  I don't know why, but none of the restaurants are in a hurry.  I'm sorry they're giving you the runaround.  =(  Jorg and Cathy are really, really nice.

I don't think I have much to flame.  One of the parents I had to call yesterday about the cheating thing tried to put the blame on me.  As if it is somehow my fault a kid took a picture of his quiz and then shared it with other students.

And apparently the same thing happened in Geometry yesterday, but with different kids.  The Curriculum Principal looked exhausted.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:57511618-039f-4729-9e04-c3edb91052d5Post:5a995c97-45ba-4adf-88d3-a58e10f994ae">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Amy, one of the things about downtown Plano is that the service is always sloooow.  I don't know why, but none of the restaurants are in a hurry.  I'm sorry they're giving you the runaround.  =(  Jorg and Cathy are really, really nice. I don't think I have much to flame.  One of the parents I had to call yesterday about the cheating thing tried to put the blame on me.  As if it is somehow my fault a kid took a picture of his quiz and then shared it with other students. And apparently the same thing happened in Geometry yesterday, but with different kids.  The Curriculum Principal looked exhausted.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

I know Jorg is incredibly nice but I haven't even had a chance to talk to Cathy. :-/ Just seems strange to not call someone back in a week's time. FMIL is watimg everything finalized and I have so much on my plate right now that I just need this done and out of the way. All I need to know from her is that our date is finalized and on their calendar. Easy peasy. Bleeeeh I'm a biitch sometimes I think.
  • I flame Time Warner Cable for being too damn high...Fios or Uverse any suggestions?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:57511618-039f-4729-9e04-c3edb91052d5Post:70892737-45b4-4958-96d4-189b498319a8">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I know Jorg is incredibly nice but I haven't even had a chance to talk to Cathy. :-/ Just seems strange to not call someone back in a week's time. FMIL is watimg everything finalized and I have so much on my plate right now that I just need this done and out of the way. All I need to know from her is that our date is finalized and on their calendar. Easy peasy. Bleeeeh I'm a biitch sometimes I think.
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

No, you're right.  It's not good business to not call back.  I hope you get it worked out, because that would be an awesome RD spot.

Incidentally, a friend and I are having our late Valentine's dinner there tomorrow night.  <333
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:57511618-039f-4729-9e04-c3edb91052d5Post:5a995c97-45ba-4adf-88d3-a58e10f994ae">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of the parents I had to call yesterday about the cheating thing tried to put the blame on me.  As if it is somehow my fault a kid took a picture of his quiz and then shared it with other students. And apparently the same thing happened in Geometry yesterday, but with different kids.  The Curriculum Principal looked exhausted.

This happened to me several years ago.  I caught two teachers' kids cheating and they wanted a parent conference.  I being the dumb naive relatively new teacher said "Sure, both of you can come."  Big mistake.  The real kicker?  One of those teachers was our elementary school teacher of the year for the district several years ago.  I no longer care if I ever get nominated again because I think that's a horrible representation of our teaching profession. 

I think Whitney Houston was a great talent, but I really wish people would quit calling "I Will Always Love You" her song.  She sang it very well, but it's Dolly Parton's song.  She sang it first, wrote it ten years before "The Bodyguard" even came out and won an Oscar for it.  If you haven't heard Dolly sing it, I can highly recommend it.  While Whitney sings it convincingly, Dolly sings it with a fragileness (I may have just made up a word) that indicates she is ready to break down at any given moment.  Seriously, it's very emotional. 
  • Ugh.  I also flame our inconsistent sub system.  Three teachers out with no sub on a Friday.  Awesome.
    Anniversary

• I flame my boss for basically sucking as a boss and I'm pretty sure sucking at life in general. Sorry that's harsh, but just how I feel! Anyways TGIF and I'm so excited to finally have a weekend off and FI is off to!! Yay!
  • I also flame my boss.
    He is truly the greatest boss I've ever had... but it is just not cool to start making the coffee decaf because your doctor told you to stop drinking caffeine. And then not tell anyone.

At least I found the source of my headaches all week.
  •   I am new to this, but I am jumping in!

I also flame house hunting. Just when you have the perfect one picked out, something happens and it's now out of reach. Blah. We have 9 months until we are married though, so we have "plenty" of time...right?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a flame. But first let me preface this post by saying, I like dogs. In fact, Matt and I want one badly, but can't commit to one right now given our crazy travel schedules. That said, we have some fairly new neighbors who have a dog that I feel they give no attention to. Last year they put it outside, on it's leash, tied to the fence. Right by our master bedroom/windows. What did said dog do? Barked. And barked. And barked. No just a little bark here and there, but barked EVERY MINUTE it was outside. Eventually, problem fixed. Fast forward to this year, they have recently started putting said dog outside in the morning when they get up, between 5:30 & 6:00. Matt and I both work from home. We don't get up that early. But guess what the dog does for an hour straight? Barks. And barks. And barks. I'm at my wits end. Last night, we even talked about sleeping in the little guys room since we dont have him this weekend, hoping that the other side of the house would be a much quieter morning. Not only do I hate having an hour/two hours of sleep taken from me, but I wake up in a fowl mood every morning. I feel sorry for the dog, but people, how do you not know your dog is barking non-stop? I'm sure they're just used to it. But have some respect form your neighbors! And off my soapbox. Thanks for letting me vent...TGIF!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:57511618-039f-4729-9e04-c3edb91052d5Post:c84ae1c5-1195-4ea7-acdb-cae0789a8892">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame Time Warner Cable for being too damn high...Fios or Uverse any suggestions?
    Posted by Adryan08[/QUOTE]

We have Fios and like it, but everyone I know who has Uverse, swears by it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:57511618-039f-4729-9e04-c3edb91052d5Post:8e6855ff-146c-46fc-918b-408776e28e62">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a flame. But first let me preface this post by saying, I like dogs. In fact, Matt and I want one badly, but can't commit to one right now given our crazy travel schedules. That said, we have some fairly new neighbors who have a dog that I feel they give no attention to. Last year they put it outside, on it's leash, tied to the fence. Right by our master bedroom/windows. What did said dog do? Barked. And barked. And barked. No just a little bark here and there, but barked EVERY MINUTE it was outside. Eventually, problem fixed. Fast forward to this year, they have recently started putting said dog outside in the morning when they get up, between 5:30 & 6:00. Matt and I both work from home. We don't get up that early. But guess what the dog does for an hour straight? Barks. And barks. And barks. I'm at my wits end. Last night, we even talked about sleeping in the little guys room since we dont have him this weekend, hoping that the other side of the house would be a much quieter morning. Not only do I hate having an hour/two hours of sleep taken from me, but I wake up in a fowl mood every morning. I feel sorry for the dog, but people, how do you not know your dog is barking non-stop? I'm sure they're just used to it. But have some respect form your neighbors! And off my soapbox. Thanks for letting me vent...TGIF!!
    Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]

We had this problem at the house we just moved out of (a rental). Unfortunately, it wasn't *just* the neighbor's dog (although that was the one right outside our bedroom window so we heard that one the most) -- it was every dog in the neighborhood, and at different times every night. The dogs were left outside all night, so they'd randomly bark from 2-3 AM one night, 4-5 AM the next, and I usually couldn't tell which dog was barking when. Sometimes it was all of them :(

If it's just one dog, maybe you could leave a (friendly) note at the neighbor's door? "Hi, you might not know this, but your dog barks quite a bit while we're still trying to sleep..." And see if that resolves it? (Hopefully without causing a war in your neighborhood?) They can let the dog out to go to the bathroom without leaving it outside for a whole hour.

Beyond that, I think you can complain to the city (but after documenting specific instances of when and where this is happening.) But I know I wouldn't have had the guts to do that ... and face possible retaliation from my neighbors :(

I know how awful it is. My husband can sleep through everything, but I didn't get a good night's rest the entire two years we lived in that house. I was just glad we were just renting and so I knew we'd eventually move.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:57511618-039f-4729-9e04-c3edb91052d5Post:c84ae1c5-1195-4ea7-acdb-cae0789a8892">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame Time Warner Cable for being too damn high...Fios or Uverse any suggestions?

OK I know I sound like a crazy person... but we got rid of our cable a year and a half ago (and by cable I mean network channels also - everything) and we have never regretted it. Only in the last month did we get Netflix and Hulu on the XBox, which amounts to about $20/month. But we're so used to not having TV that we will sometimes go an entire week without turning it on. It was a CRAZY adjustment at first, but we just started filling our time with other things.
    We definitely watch a lot of movies on the weekend though!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:57511618-039f-4729-9e04-c3edb91052d5Post:9b9dbd52-2e9c-4bbb-9c3a-c71daece313d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : OK I know I sound like a crazy person... but we got rid of our cable a year and a half ago (and by cable I mean network channels also - everything) and we have never regretted it. Only in the last month did we get Netflix and Hulu on the XBox, which amounts to about $20/month. But we're so used to not having TV that we will sometimes go an entire week without turning it on. It was a CRAZY adjustment at first, but we just started filling our time with other things. We definitely watch a lot of movies on the weekend though!
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

This is me.  I can't get cable where I live right now, and the two satellite companies that were available wanted a two-year agreement, so I just decided to go without.  Between netflix, hulu, and other downloads, I get all the entertainment I need.
    Anniversary

• FI would rather go to Fredericksburg this weekend for a playoff basketball game (he's the unofficial (meaning unpaid) assistant basketball coach) than stay in town and get wedding stuff done like we planned. So instead of getting 2 days with him (after not even seeing him for Valentine's Day), I got 2 hours last night for dinner. Tomorrow is our 4 1/2 year anniversary, and 6 month marker to the wedding. Guess I'll be celebrating that milestone alone. Lame :(

I also flame the fact that my gel manicure which was freaking expensive already looks like crap after a week- one of the nails is starting to peel, showing 1/4" of growth because she didn't go all the way down to the base of the nail, etc.. Last time I got it done it lasted 3 weeks with no problem, but this time a different girl did my nails. Guess it's time to find a new salon... and I really liked this one!
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Kristan, can you not go with him?  Wine country, girl!
    Anniversary

• Ugh.  Apparently a bunch of kids just got sent back from special programs, and guess who gets all the new students.

Also, I have a student who is apparently terrified of me.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:57511618-039f-4729-9e04-c3edb91052d5Post:c84ae1c5-1195-4ea7-acdb-cae0789a8892">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame Time Warner Cable for being too damn high.<strong>..Fios or Uverse any suggestions?</strong>
    FI had Fios at his first apartment and loved it. But we've never been in an area to get it since. <div>we had Uverse at our apartment and LOVED it. I'm so so sad that all we get is satellite at our new house. Also, if either of them come to our neighborhood...I'm dropping dish like a hot potato!</div><div>
    </div><div>Which leads me into my flame</div><div>I flame the fact that our satellite DVR is getting interference from someone and we're ending up with cartoons on our DVR. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:57511618-039f-4729-9e04-c3edb91052d5Post:95111346-acd1-4a94-b32b-c83519345d9f">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kristan, can you not go with him?  Wine country, girl!

<div>Lol I would but his plan is to drive down today (leaving at noon), go to practice in the morning, game is at 1, and drive back right after... I'm already going to be in the car for 5 hours straight here in a few weeks, and I also can't take off work that last minute, and I can't really afford to take off work either.</div><div>
    </div><div>But instead of letting it make me cry (that was yesterday) this morning I decided I'm still going to go to WF, see our deacon like I planned, get some info on room blocks, check out some stuff at the church, and do a girls day with my baby sister/MOH.</div>
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:57511618-039f-4729-9e04-c3edb91052d5Post:0dae5c9e-555a-4abc-b289-8d1a5a095e8e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Lol I would but his plan is to drive down today (leaving at noon), go to practice in the morning, game is at 1, and drive back right after... I'm already going to be in the car for 5 hours straight here in a few weeks, and I also can't take off work that last minute, and I can't really afford to take off work either. But instead of letting it make me cry (that was yesterday) this morning I decided I'm still going to <strong>go to WF</strong>, see our deacon like I planned, get some info on room blocks, check out some stuff at the church, and do a girls day with my baby sister/MOH.
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]

Wave to my hometown of Montague as you pass through! :)
  • So we are having jealousy/dominance issues between my crotchety old schnauzer mix, and our 6 month old coonhound/shepherd mix, and it is all relating back to old man not putting puppy in his place when he should have. Well they got into it the other night, and bot H and I had to break it up. I got the worst of it from the schnauzer going into a fit of blind rage and he kept going after the puppy.

I am now bruised all up and down my left arm from it. I feel bad for H cause we got a look at Market Street the other night since I am all black and blue. Stupid canines.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • i flame myself for not getting a wedding coordinator.  i listened to too many people tell me that i didn't need one and now here we are a little over 2 months till the wedding and i'm wishing i had booked someone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Amanda, you are SO terrifying. 

When FI and I lived in uptown, we got rid of cable and we LOVED it. Had no issues whatsoever and didn't miss it a bit. Even now, the only reason we have cable is for sports. If we didn't love watching sports so much, we probably wouldn't have it. We don't watch normal TV at all, just DVR. We also have very busy schedules and are not home until around 9/10 at night most nights.
    On that note, I have U-Verse and I DON'T like it. I guess I am in the minority. My internet goes out intermittently,  there is a guaranteed one time a week I have to reset it so that my work computer can sync with the home internet, and when I had to replace my DVR because it kept on erasing my recordings, it took them 6 weeks to come out and do so. 

Kristan, I am sorry you won't get to spend time with FI. I am sure he will make it up to you, and on top of that, you will get so many things crossed off your list :) 

Kylie, that is difficult. Dogs are definitely my soft spot, and I hate owners that do not give enough attention or discipline to their animals. The owner DOES know that his dog his barking and it is incredibly inconsiderate not to reconcile the problem. I say that leaving a kind note informing the owner of the situation might not be a bad idea.

To all girls house hunting- DEFINITELY take your time. When you find the perfect house, everything will seem to align and you will be glad you waited :) 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:57511618-039f-4729-9e04-c3edb91052d5Post:693e7e94-f349-4b91-94c9-1282e74fd454">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amanda, you are SO terrifying.  When FI and I lived in uptown, we got rid of cable and we LOVED it. Had no issues whatsoever and didn't miss it a bit. Even now, the only reason we have cable is for sports. If we didn't love watching sports so much, we probably wouldn't have it. We don't watch normal TV at all, just DVR. We also have very busy schedules and are not home until around 9/10 at night most nights. On that note, I have U-Verse and I DON'T like it. I guess I am in the minority.<strong> My internet goes out intermittentl</strong>y,  there is a guaranteed one time a week I have to reset it so that my work computer can sync with the home internet, and <strong>when I had to replace my DVR because it kept on erasing my recordings,</strong> it took them 6 weeks to come out and do so.  Kristan, I am sorry you won't get to spend time with FI. I am sure he will make it up to you, and on top of that, you will get so many things crossed off your list :)  Kylie, that is difficult. Dogs are definitely my soft spot, and I hate owners that do not give enough attention or discipline to their animals. The owner DOES know that his dog his barking and it is incredibly inconsiderate not to reconcile the problem. I say that leaving a kind note informing the owner of the situation might not be a bad idea. To all girls house hunting- DEFINITELY take your time. When you find the perfect house, everything will seem to align and you will be glad you waited :) 
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]<div>I had all these problems with TWC. We did have a few issues with our internet with Uverse but we could just unplug and plug back in and it'd be fine.

</div>
  • I like cable/satellite companies are like tuxedo shops and wedding dress shops:  some people have good experiences and some people have bad experiences.  I think what makes the cable/satellite thing so much worse is that you deal with it every day whereas your wedding will be over some day.  My dad and brother love U-Verse but I know they have trouble with it too sometimes.  However, they can record in one room and watch it in their other rooms.  We have Charter and can't do that because they're too cheap to put their money into hardware and upgrading their system.  I know that I will never get FIOS though because of how they talked to DH when he called to ask them about getting their service after having two or three of their flyers on our door ("Now available in your area!").  They told Bill that they were not in our area and were pretty rude to him on the phone.  I want AT&T so desperately!!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:57511618-039f-4729-9e04-c3edb91052d5Post:edf21c9e-bd03-4524-a3be-f6ab47d9874c">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : This is me.  I can't get cable where I live right now, and the two satellite companies that were available wanted a two-year agreement, so I just decided to go without.  Between netflix, hulu, and other downloads, I get all the entertainment I need.

This is us too, except we also have an indoor antenna with an amplifier.  It hardly takes up any space and we get great reception, even be located in the middle of a VERY dense apartment community made up of 15+ apartment complexes.  We get all of the network channels in HD (except CBS, boo) for free.  Other than that, we use HuluPlus and Netflix for a combined total of $20/mo and we like it so much better than we ever liked having cable.  We tried cable again a year or two back and didn't watch anything.  We cancelled it within 15 days.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:57511618-039f-4729-9e04-c3edb91052d5Post:d33c4cc4-fc88-4108-bc07-1287849f2969">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]i flame myself for not getting a wedding coordinator.  i listened to too many people tell me that i didn't need one and now here we are a little over 2 months till the wedding and i'm wishing i had booked someone.
    Posted by jenbob2012[/QUOTE]
    It still isn't too late. Even month-of coordination or day-of coordination is great. I wouldn't know what to do without my coordinator. She talked to me yesterday (over a three hour lunch- we tend to talk a lot) about where my money is best spent, even in regards to her services! I appreciate that honesty SO much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards