Nevada-Las Vegas

Caesar's Bacchanal buffet

Has anyone been to the bacchanal buffet? I know it's probably one of the newest buffet on the strip?
I'm looking at reviews and pictures on yelp and tripadvisor and the food looks amazing! "fresh" honey from honeycomb?! souffle!? macarons?! I can't wait to try it out on my scouting trip in May :)

I was speaking with a group dining sales manager and the price per person for group reservation is $61 on weekdays, and $66 for weekends. That's $20 extra per person than the rest of the buffets on the strip. I'm just wondering if it's worth it...I've been to the wicked spoon last year and I was impressed already. Their prices are $38 for weekdays, and $41 for weekends. 

Also, from the reviews, the regular price is about $50. Is it normal that the price per person for a group reservation is more?! There's a F&B minimum that you gotta meet as well!

What are your thoughts?? Thanks in advance :)
Our wedding day also marks our 11th anniversary of being together :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Caesar's Bacchanal buffet

• I was debating WS and Bacchanal, but the price was definitely a determining factor. Technically, their prices are comparable to some other buffets if you walk in, but it is making a "reservation" that bumps it up to the $20 more per person. Bummer... But on the plus side, I don't think they have food minimums. Do they?
    I've heard nothing but amazing things about it though! Everything looks great!
  • for the private room, they do have a minimum! 
    "food and beverage minimum starting at $3300"

im still looking at the pictures. it does seem like they've got even more food and a larger variety than wicked spoon. ... this is making me hungry lol!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We ate there on Sunday when we were in Vegas for our scouting trip. It was super good. It is a lot more than other buffets, but it is also fantastic. It cost us 50 each for dinner, but I thought it was worth it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was there when it opened, so there was no price hike yet. I was very impressed b/c I really didn't like the old Caesars buffet, and it was in need of a makeover. So glad they did, and it's like the WS of Cosmo, but in a good way. The food is good and I love the variety and the dessert selection.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_caesars-bacchanal-buffet-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:3f72f2d5-2eac-4bea-984f-8b3015201fb9Post:0a7f79a0-250e-4b60-9482-416f8b806588">Re: Caesar's Bacchanal buffet</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was there when it opened, so there was no price hike yet. I was very impressed b/c I really didn't like the old Caesars buffet, and it was in need of a makeover. So glad they did, and it's like the WS of Cosmo, but in a good way. The food is good and I love the variety and the dessert selection.
    Posted by jccswl[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>thanks for the pictures :)</div><div>is it just like WS of cosmo? Or would you say it's better?? From the pix I see from tripadvisor and yelp, it looks way better :p And it's way more pricy too 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_caesars-bacchanal-buffet-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:3f72f2d5-2eac-4bea-984f-8b3015201fb9Post:f4397bc8-d177-46b9-8db2-b2f70ec4d0c9">Re: Caesar's Bacchanal buffet</a>:
    [QUOTE]I called and requested info on some of Ceasars Entertainment owned restaurants and got a group sales packed emailed about all of them. Here is some of what it says about this buffet. I recieved this email just a few hours ago so i'm assuming it's all up-to-date. Cuisine: Buffet Hours: 7am-10pm daily Special Events: 12-500 Buffet Prices Begin at: $35.99++ per person Private dining space: Private dining room for 48 people, Semi private dining room for 40 people
    Posted by missax[/QUOTE]

<div>I think I got the same package from group sales. I believe 35.99 is their breakfast price! Dinner would be 60.99 :/</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_caesars-bacchanal-buffet-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:3f72f2d5-2eac-4bea-984f-8b3015201fb9Post:45ef7532-a8cf-4376-8a1d-922d3bf80c69">Re: Caesar's Bacchanal buffet</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Caesar's Bacchanal buffet : thanks for the pictures :) is it just like WS of cosmo? Or would you say it's better?? From the pix I see from tripadvisor and yelp, it looks way better :p And it's way more pricy too 
    Posted by vvn1217[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I love both, but if you're more of a foodie, or a wanna be (like me) you'll appreciate the WS. But the concept of both are the same which I think is better. I like how they control the portions and you take what you may like if you want more then you can get more, instead of serving huge portions and you're stuck with a plate of food you won't eat b/c you didn't like.</div>
  • Anybody got a contact for group sales for the bacchanal buffet?
  • I booked mine through Joan

Joan Taylor, Senior Sales Manager

Caesars Entertainment Citywide F&B Group Sales

c/o Caesars Palace 3570 Las Vegas Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89109

e: jotaylor@caesars.com | o: 702.866.1102 | f: 702.856.3438 | days off are Saturday & Sunday

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you. Did you have your reception here? Did you use the private room? I'm trying to decide if it's going to be an option for me as I'm getting married in the Juno Garden at Caesars and I want to have the reception there too?
  • My ceremony is at Aria. Reception is at Bacchanal in their private room. The private room holds 48 people max with the doors closed.

My wedding isn't until next March 26! When is yours?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • August 7th next year! What made you decide on the bacchanal? I've also been looking at wicked spoon in the Cosmo.
  • I'm also having my wedding at the Juno Garden at Caesar's Palace (September 2014). This might sound like a silly question, but how does private dining work at a buffet? Does everyone still go up to the main buffet and just take their plates back to a private room to eat? I like the idea of a buffet, but don't really love the idea of walking up to a public buffet in my wedding dress.
  • yes wicked spoon was originally our first choice! We ate dinner at wicked spoon twice (2012 may and oct) and the quality was consistent. We went to Vegas again this past may (2013) for my scouting trip and ate there again and it was disappointing :\ Many brides on here still had an excellent time.. but I sorta went with my gut feeling. When we was there, it was a Wed. Service was terrible.. the floor was dirty.. We were told that food would be taken away at 9:15. but the cooks started taking away the food by 8:50. and by 9pm some even turned off lights at the stations. On the other hand everyone at bacchanal was awesome. We were there for dinner and was just chatting with the bus-lady and told her about our upcoming wedding and she immediately brought the manager over and the manager brought us to the private room too. We saw the private room again the next day with the group sales coordinator. Going with the bacchanal made us go over our budget though.. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks @rabbitinTulle. I emailed Joan taylor 2 days ago so I'm hoping to hear back soon. @cmtrewin when I emailed wicked spoon they said you would go up the buffet and help yourself then dine in the private room.
  • Joan takes awhile to reply sometimes. She said when it's high season they'll focus on 2013 weddings only. This was before I signed the contract though. After I signed she'd reply almost right away usually. If you still don't hear back in say 3-5 days, I would email the hotel at the "contact us" link found at the bottom of the website. They somehow got a hold of Joan and had Joan reply me right away. 

And yes you would share the public buffet area with the rest of the patrons there, and bring your plate back and eat in the private room. I'm wearing a different dress at the buffet.. it's a long white sheath dress so I'll hopefully still somewhat look like a bride without standing out too much :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards