Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Bring me your cupcake recipes!

FI's aunt is a superstar and is going to make our cupcakes for us as a wedding present.  She's an awesome cook to the nth degree so I am SO excited.

I love all sorts of flavours, and want an assortment of kinds, including at least one vegan option and one gluten-free option (there's an inordinate amount of food sensitivities among us, self included).  I know we definitely want red velvet as an option on the menu, as well as key lime.

Soooo.... lemme have 'em!  Recipes for delicious, sweet cupcakes!

Re: Bring me your cupcake recipes!

• I am having red velvet filled with chocolate ganache and topped with cream cheese frosting and carrot cake with maple cream cheese frosting...I can't wait! 
  • rascal17rascal17 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    This is my chocolate cake recipe. its super easy to make and multiply and its super moist and yummy. 

1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
    1       cup granulated sugar
    1 tsp        Baking powder
    1 tsp        Baking Soda
    1/4 tsp     salt
    1/4 cup    cocoa powder
    1/4 cup    softened butter/margarine
    1              egg
    1 cup       hot water

put everything in a bowl and beat until all mixed together (doesnt take long)
    Bake at 350'F until done (sorry I dont know the time I just check and do the touch test-cake bounces back when lightly touched) yeilds 12 cupcakes. 

*it is a really runny batter so dont worry and think you did something wrong after your done mixing when you see how liquidy it is.
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • I'm not at home, but I will send you the GF cupcake recipe that I am in love with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards