Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

AW Thursday

The only thing that I have makes me sound like a lame grownup, but H and I finally got around to applying for a consolidation of his student loans last night. Yayy for lower monthly payments!

Someone has to have something better. Srysly.
Anniversary

Re: AW Thursday

• Oh this is the grown up edition...YAY! FI and I got an awesome and super low interest rate on our house and we close in less than 30 days!! YAY!! ANNNND living with MIL for the last two months comes to an end...Double YAY!! two hens in the house is way too much!!
  • I'm jealous you guys! We are still organizing our finances BUT I found out yesterday that my firm contracts someone to help with our 401k's (which I knew), but he also helps with personal financial planning as a part of his fee to our firm!
    So basically we will be getting free financial planning! Now I'm scared because I have to organize all of our debt, but this is a great step in the right direction.
    Yay for us!
  • Oh Carrie dont be jells. You and H are from what i can gather still young. FI and I are in our min 30's so we have had many-o-years to save and plan...ok its been all FI that have saved an planned...haha. It's good that you are getting organized and meeting with a financial planner!! and free, thats awesome!! :)

I'm jells of your wedding video. I'm trying to fit in into our wedding bidget but not sure it's going to happen. ARG. JChristoper is booked on our date too. Dang you whoever is getting married on the same day!! Dang you I say!!
  • Did you try ejheart's videographer? I thought they were great!
  • was it i do cinematics? Yes the were amazing, they are on my list to email.
  • EJ- Spending less money is always good! I will have to see about getting FI's student loans consolidated after we get married. His are a bit more expensive than mine and we have no idea why even though he left with about the sam amount of debt as I did.

Tiffany - Congrats on the house! Such an exciting step =).

Carrie - That is great news that you will get financial planning for free!

I don't have anything good today. I am going to try to block hotel rooms this weekend. I read over some of the previous posts about it - is it easier to call to set it up or actually go to the hotel itself to talk to someone? Do you normally have to provide a credit card to block them (not pay for them, just to block)? If so, do they actually charge anything to your card to hold the rooms? I know the hotel can release the rooms after a certain time, but if a hold is put on my cc until that date it's not going to be good.
  • I was wondering the same thing about the hotel rooms. and good reminder that i need to get one that.
  • We did all of our hotel blocks over the phone, but they will email you a contract you have to sign. I wouldn't bother with going up there.
  • My AW is that our house is finally starting to look like a home!  We got our master and guest bedroom painted and decorated this week! Now its about getting wall art for the bare walls. We built the house back in May but with Wedding spending its been pretty BLAH until now!  And we have our first party next weekend @ our house for my dad's 60th bday so we want it to be finished!!
  • Oh DUH I forgot to AW that I'm leaving for a 4 day trip to South Padre this afternoon! YAAAAAAAY!!!!!
  • Tiffany - I'm jealous of your house, too! That's awesome though! Do you have any pics that we could creep on? And yes, we used I Do Cinematics. His pricing went up since when we booked him, but I think he still might offer a cheaper 1 shooter package that's less than the starting price he lists on his website. Definitely worth asking.

Carrie - I'm also super jells of your free financial planning! We SO desperately need that. H just has so much school debt that's all over the place, and we have a few other things too, so I just have no idea where to start. I hate the fact that we're going to end up paying more (on the consolidated stuff) over the lifetime of the loans, but the payment was seriously outrageous, so it was a must. :/ 

Shishi - I bet your FI's are somehow on a shorter term, which means higher payments. Just a guess. For hotel blocks I agree with Carrie. Unless you want to see the rooms or something, there's really no need to go in person. You do normally have to provide a CC to hold the block, but they shouldn't actually put a holding charge on it. Just ask them to be sure, and if they do, don't use them!

Anniversary
  • Carrie - I grew up in Harlingen (45 min from padre) Have fun!! :) Blackbeards is awesome and so is Amberjacks...at least they were back in the day.

EJ - Here is the front and half the kitchen. unfinished. come on builders!!

Kel - Congrats on the house progress!! Decorating is fun...annnd a chore!!

• winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-158?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1f737396-d0c4-400b-8f77-4b980683b38dPost:c4684176-f98e-4a3a-90a8-4a68c1eb6ba6">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh Carrie dont be jells. You and H are from what i can gather still young. FI and I are in our min 30's so we have had many-o-years to save and plan...ok its been all FI that have saved an planned...haha. It's good that you are getting organized and meeting with a financial planner!! and free, thats awesome!! :) I'm jells of your wedding video. I'm trying to fit in into our wedding bidget but not sure it's going to happen. ARG. JChristoper is booked on our date too. Dang you whoever is getting married on the same day!! Dang you I say!!
    Posted by tiffanygoss[/QUOTE]
    Tiffany!  We used Jonathon Link Studios and LOVED our video!  Let me know if you haven't seen it and I'll send you a link.  <div>
    </div><div>Carrie, also jealous of your financial planners, we're been talking about looking into that!  </div><div>
    </div>
  • Gorgeous house, Tiffany! Thanks for sharing! :)
    Anniversary
  • EJ- Thank you!! Ill post more pics on Monday were going by this weekend and more stuff is finished! exciting stuff.

WineChic - I contacted him yesterday and am waiting to hear back. Please send the link to your video, I would love to see it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards