Georgia-Atlanta

Reception Venue

Does anyone have any suggestions for any modern, rooftop venues? I have looked at Ventanas online and the pictures look very nice. Do anyone have any reviews or actual pictures from Ventanas? Thanks

Re: Reception Venue

• MrsSmith2Be02MrsSmith2Be02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a co-worker who got married at Ventanas, it was beautiful! Also, check the W Buckhead. They have a rooftop venue as well.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • edited December 2011
    I posted a week or so ago looking for rooftop venues.

The Metro Atl Chamber of Commerce has a rooftop venue. I was just at the Hilton downtown for a girls weekend out, and noticed they have a rooftop bar called Nikolai's (I think that was the name of it?). Then there's the Peachtree Club and the Buckhead Club.

My FI only had that one request, and thus far, I've been unable to find anything that works with our budget. We might have to climb on top of an apartment building and do it there. LOL. It doesn't help that we're having a winter wedding, so we need an enclosed rooftop... like Ventanas... which is SO expensive... *sigh*
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception @ W Atlanta Midtown. It's not open, but it's one the top floor with 2 walls of windows and beautiful city views. I was looking @ Ventannas, but I think we came out better pricewise with the W.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, YMW. I'm rushing to the website to find pictures now.

My FI wants a rooftop, but with a December wedding, it's obvious we'll have to have an indoor rooftop. And once you consider that, it seems also reasonable to take a space that has floor to ceiling windows.

Thanks. I'm going to give it a look.
  • edited December 2011
    I visited the Melia Hotel, and it was really nice.  It's a top floor, not a rooftop.  I didn't choose them because they were on the expensive side, and I wasn't thrilled with their responsiveness.  However, they were recommended to me by the Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, so my experience could be just a fluke.

By the way, you can call the Chamber and ask them for suggestions.  They do business with all sorts of vendors and are happy to talk to consumers.
  • McGuffin11McGuffin11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not a roof top persay - but the Georgian Club in Cobb by the Cobb Galeria is a pretty sweet venue.

They do have an outdoors area too which you can use for ceremonies.

My fiance and I ended up not going with them in the end because we were concerned about crowding (120 ppl is pushing it for the club).  But it is a really great venue with a nice views out of floor to ceiling windows.  There are loads of hotels and entertainment - even a mall - within walking distance for your guests. If you want a striking view, the Georgian Club is worth a look.

Here's their website: http://www.georgianclub.com/
    We talked to Andrea.
    Cheers!
  • kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peachtree Club is the first thing that came to my mind.  It looks gorgeous, but was a little too small for us, so we never looked at it, in-person!
  • kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, my photographer posted pictures from 5 Seasons in West Midtown which was also a rooftop and looked amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    How much is the rental price for the W? I cannot find it on their website. Thanks! ;) 

• mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_reception-venue-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:6aa4c0a2-d498-426d-a9ce-dfd9c252bc6ePost:81e40ee2-dd83-4a86-acfa-dfd86e6d3f7c">Re: Reception Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, my photographer posted pictures from 5 Seasons in West Midtown which was also a rooftop and looked amazing!
    Posted by kimberlykh[/QUOTE]

Cool! Can you post a link to the pics?
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing! It does look quite nice!
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards