• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2011 Weddings

Anxious to leave work poll/questions

What do you do for a living?

Do you enjoy your career?

What did you think you would end up 'being when you grew up'?

Is there something you would rather do?

If you had the option, is your dream 'career' to be a 'home engineer' (stay at home mom)?

What does your '5 year plan' look like?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anxious to leave work poll/questions

• What do you do for a living? Currently and admin assiastant for a scientific instrument company

Do you enjoy your career? Nope

What did you think you would end up 'being when you grew up'? Not a clue I never really knew what I wanted to do

Is there something you would rather do? I am going back to school to be a historian

If you had the option, is your dream 'career' to be a 'home engineer' (stay at home mom)? Nope don't want kids

What does your '5 year plan' look like?  Just keep trucking with school and work
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What do you do for a living?  I do architecture

Do you enjoy your career?  sometimes.. not lately

something more exciting.  i agree i want something more interactive.

something more interactive.  sitting all day is ok sometimes, and sometimes i just feel like im losing it.  teach, or administration.  lately kiddies have been on my mind.

If you had the option, is your dream 'career' to be a 'home engineer' (stay at home mom)?

hell yes. 

marriage, move hopefully, save and travel for a few yrs, then babies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What do you do for a living?  My title is research assistant for a cardiovascular trial. I really coordinate a worldwide clinical trial for an FDA approved cardiovascular medication.

Do you enjoy your career? LOVE it!

What did you think you would end up 'being when you grew up'? when I was 5, I wanted to be a dentist, when I got to middle school I wanted to be a geneticist.

Is there something you would rather do? I would love to be a nurse

If you had the option, is your dream 'career' to be a 'home engineer' (stay at home mom)? In the past, I NEVER wanted to, but now I wouldn't mind.

What does your '5 year plan' look like? Buy a house, move out of Boston, have 2 kids, and find another amazing job outside of boston so we don't have to have a horrible commute.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ooo architecture sounds interesting!
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It is interesting, and i work for an awesome company.  my only complaint is that i am the youngest in the office, and therefore get a lot of b*tch work,, and thats usually really tedious, and not very exciting.  i got to work on a wine bar a few months ago, so that was pretty cool.  it actually opens in about a week.  

I would actually also love to be a nurse.  I started getting interested in the medical community a few years ago, I would just be worried about the mental toll it would be to work in a hospital. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What do you do for a living?  I work as a Home Health Aide, but in Dec will graduate with my RN

Do you enjoy your career? I hate it lately, but it's mostly because of my boss, I LOVE my patients

What did you think you would end up 'being when you grew up'? I always thought i'd be a teacher

Is there something you would rather do? Just graduate and I'll be there :)

If you had the option, is your dream 'career' to be a 'home engineer' (stay at home mom)? FI and I both had stay at home moms so he really wants me to, I want to stay working at least part time or else I'd get bored!

What does your '5 year plan' look like? Both be done with school, buy a house, have kids :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What do you do for a living? Currently unemployed, my last job was working at a doggy day care/boarding facility.

Do you enjoy your career? I liked my last job, but the schedule and hours just weren't working for me. I graduated in December 09 with a BS in Economics from the University of Oregon, GO DUCKS :) So I'm trying to find something more degree related.

What did you think you would end up 'being when you grew up'? I wanted to do something like own my own business or do something sports related.

Is there something you would rather do? I really want to go to school to be an ultrasound tech, but there's no schools in the area for that, so I'm kinda stuck right now. My current degree is getting me nowhere and its really, really frustrating.

If you had the option, is your dream 'career' to be a 'home engineer' (stay at home mom)? I'd like to do that for awhile, when we first have kids and they're still little, that way I don't have to deal with daycare and all that, but I'd like to go back to work when the kids are older.

What does your '5 year plan' look like? Well my FI and I want to start having kids next year after we get married, so that and hopefully find a better job or go back to school. I've thought about getting my Master's but I just don't know.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What do you do for a living? Recent graduate still looking for that career :-( In the mean time I work at Pier 1.

Do you enjoy your career? Um I would really enjoy it if I had a job within my field!

What did you think you would end up 'being when you grew up'? Rockstar haha

Is there something you would rather do? I would rather have a job lol

If you had the option, is your dream 'career' to be a 'home engineer' (stay at home mom)? Just temporarily. I love to work and with FI being a teacher, it is going to be so easy in the summers for me to work anyways.

What does your '5 year plan' look like? Hmm get married next year...but a house sometime...get pregnant a year 1/2-2 years after getting married....work on the next little one a year and a half later :-)
    Photobucket August 6th, 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What do you do for a living?

I'm a buyer at one of the auto companies (I live in Detroit haha)

Yea it's fun and I get to buy stuff for a living...it's car parts but still

I wanted to be a sports agent and then a brain surgeon until I was about 17 and realized i can't stand needles and i would have to be cutting people open!

Nope not really.  I love being a buyer!

Nope!  Same as above my FI is a teacher so it's pretty easy for me to work. Plus I'm a bad cook and hate cleaning, I'd be a bad person to stay at home!

Get married, get promoted @ work and maybe have some kids within 5 years! and get my MBA...I'm still pretty career oriented right now!
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • What do you do for a living? i work an insurance company authorizing treatment for mental health and substance abuse (counseling yay!)

Do you enjoy your career? to a point. i just got my cert for school counseling so i can not WAIT to get into that field!

What did you think you would end up 'being when you grew up'? a psychiatrist ..so kinda doing that but not a MD

Is there something you would rather do? i would rather get paid to travel around the world and eat different types of food, but i know this will never happen ;)

If you had the option, is your dream 'career' to be a 'home engineer' (stay at home mom)? yes honestly, at least until the kids are in school then i would go back to work hopefully as a school counselor

What does your '5 year plan' look like? hopefully working full time as a school counselor with one kid and one on the way ;)
  • What do you do for a living?  I teach high school history

Do you enjoy your career?  Most days I love it...others it can be very, very trying!!

What did you think you would end up 'being when you grew up'?  I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember.  I wanted to be an actress too, but I kind of get to do that daily in my classroom I just don't get paid as much!! 

Is there something you would rather do?  Win the lottery ??  I don't know, if money wasn't an issue I would seriously love to be a secretary and answer phones.  Sounds silly I know.  I would thinking working in a coffee shop would be fun.  Or if I could do anything I would be a professional runner! 

If you had the option, is your dream 'career' to be a 'home engineer' (stay at home mom)?  I would love to do it in their early years if it is financial possible

What does your '5 year plan' look like?  Get married, continue to challenge myself in my career and not get settled in, I already have my MA but continue to take classes to better myself as a teacher.  Have a baby or two, run a PR in the marathon, and enjoy life as a wife!  :) 
    Anniversary

I work as a nanny taking care of 2 little girls (5 and 1)

I LOVE my job. I graduated with my BS in Communications an worked in Advertising for a year and hated every second of it. I had been a nanny through college so I decided to go back and give it another shot.

I always wanted to be a teacher 

I am in the process of going applying to go back and switch things up. I think I would like to study Education or Child Life. Definitely something children oriented

I think I would like to stay at home the first few years but I think I would eventually get bored.

Married :), buying a house, finishing up school and starting to build a family.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ahhhh! This couldn't have come at a worse time! I just got laid of on Wednesday. :( So I am currently unemployed and looking for a new job like a mad woman! Me and Rob cannot afford for me not to work so my dream job right now is ANYTHING!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Currently I am Student Teaching and will graduate in December (The end is near!) and I supplement that with a part time job as a restaurant manager.

YES! I love teaching! Everyday is different, it has times that are trying, but its so rewarding. I love the things they say and the ideas they have!
    Restaurant manager? Um I can do without :) HA!

I've wanted to be a teacher since 3rd grade :)

My FI and I really love Dunn Bros Coffee (local chain, I think) and would really like to be an owner/operator of one, but frankly, I couldn't give up teaching for it. We just spend too much money on their coffee, haha.

No. With a teaching career, I can have the best of both worlds. I admire those women who do it, but I just could not.

Graduate college, get married, move (probably out of state) get actual careers, and by 26 start having kids (we are both 22, will be 23 by wedding).
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt14aaa1.aspx[/img][/url]
  • What do you do for a living?  Sell jewelry

Do you enjoy your career?  Some days...I love the ppl I work with unfortunately we're dead most days

What did you think you would end up 'being when you grew up'?  A mom...job wise no idea

Is there something you would rather do? write

If you had the option, is your dream 'career' to be a 'home engineer' (stay at home mom)? stay at home mom or writer

What does your '5 year plan' look like?  married, kids, and my masters degree finished!
  • What do you do for a living?  I just got a job yesterday for after graduation! I will work for a company called Second Story Software, who make the program TaxACT. I will be a program developer/tax analyst.

Do you enjoy your career?  I haven't started yet, but I am so excited to graduate and start!

What did you think you would end up 'being when you grew up'?  I had no idea. I thought a doctor for a while.

Is there something you would rather do? I would love to be a wedding planner, but it just isn't a realistic job for having a family.

If you had the option, is your dream 'career' to be a 'home engineer' (stay at home mom)? Not my dream. I would get bored.

What does your '5 year plan' look like?  Graduate in May, start my new job, get my CPA, get married, then in a couple years, start thinking about kids.
    August 2011 Siggy Challenge - Favorite E-Pic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image 275 Invited image 113 Partying it up image 15 At home lonely image 145 MIA
    I'm a youth minister (w00t)

Just started at a new church with a tough history so I have more days that I struggle to stay positive, but in general, I love youth ministry and helping kids...just need to persevere for the next couple of years while the church heals and rebuilds.

Oh boy, Lion Trainer at one point. Mostly a writer and then in High School and into early college I wanted to be a lawyer - Corporate Litigator. Yay for B.S. in Economics (Graceb)!

Than youth ministry? Not really. I also lead retreats, do ministry trainings, write retreats and materials, speak at conferences and stuff which I really enjoy and would be interested in doing more of that perhaps.

Not a dream career, per se, but I definitely hope to be a stay at home mom and just do ministry consulting and stuff part-time.

I learned not to make too hard and fast of plans after early college when I thought I'd be a lawyer, haha. In general, get married, start having lots of babies, write more ministry resources, work on my music, maybe, love my husband. Yeah, sounds pretty good to me. Oh, and finish my master's degree finally!
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt139197.aspx[/img][/url]
  • What do you do for a living? Student, I graduate in December-- lets just HOPE I find something to do when I graduate

Do you enjoy your career? not sure ha

What did you think you would end up 'being when you grew up'? a nurse, which isnt what I went in to and some times wish I had

possibly nursing, we will see in a few years what happens

DEFINITELY /> I would love that more than anything, but I dont think FI wants it to happen

Graduate school and get a JOB!, FI graduate Grad school, and hopefully a baby :)
    I also would love to do some work around our house--decorating etc.
    I'm a 911 dispatcher

I LOVE my job!  When I finished college I didn't even try to find another job.

When I was a kid I wanted to be a teacher. 

I'm happy doing what I'm doing right now.

Sounds nice, but I would miss working out of the house.

So long as they don't consolidate agencies, I hope to be doing the exact same thing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    I'm currently looking for employment as an attorney.  I just got my license yesterday!  In the interim, I work as a Personal Care Attendant for special needs children adopted from foster care.

I think that I will love being a lawyer, but that remains to be seen.  Being a PCA is challenging and rewarding, but I am ready to move on into my chosen field.

When I was very small, I wanted to be a veterinarian.  As I got a bit older (middle school age), I became fixated on being a lawyer. 

I would love to be a travel writer.

It's certainly not my dream career.  I think that I would be very good at it, but I don't know if I would be happy.  I do think that it's important for infants and toddlers to have a stay-at-home parent, but my FI and I have talked about the possibility of his fulfilling that role when the time comes.  We shall see!

I want to establish myself in my career and work on paying those student loans down!  FI and I want to buy a house, and I want to get a puppy (I am working on convincing FI that this is a good idea).  Maybe a baby, toward the end of the five years . . .
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I`m a Respiratory Therapist and few months ago graduated from BS in Healthcare Management
    Do you enjoy your career? Love  it!!!!!!! (now; not so much in the past)

What did you think you would end up 'being when you grew up'? I always dream of being a model or an actress:)))

Is there something you would rather do? Not at the moment. But in the future I would love to get promoted to a managerial/supervisory position

No. I can`t stay home for more than a week:)))))
    What does your '5 year plan' look like? Well, few months ago I thought in five years I`ll be happily married with two kids. I`ll also be a supervisor in the newly open hospital that is in process of construction right now. My family will move to a bigger house (I own a townhouse now) and we will be really happy.
    So far, the only thing that I`ll have to change is my plan of having two kids. I think I`ll have to wait a bit after chemo treatment before I start having kids:((( Although, who knows....maybe not...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What do you do for a living? I teach preschool special education

Do you enjoy your career? yes, I love it! 

What did you think you would end up 'being when you grew up'? I knew I would be a teacher, and work with younger kids. 

Is there something you would rather do? nope. 

If you had the option, is your dream 'career' to be a 'home engineer' (stay at home mom)? I don't know if I'd say 'dream career', but if I had the option, I would absolutely stay at home until my kids were all in school. 

What does your '5 year plan' look like? get my master's degree, keep teaching. :)
    Anniversary
  • What do you do for a living? I'm an attorney.

Do you enjoy your career? Meh...parts of it are okay, other times I wonder why I ever went to law school in the first place. 

What did you think you would end up 'being when you grew up'? I wanted to be a doctor for a really long time (I was a chem major in undergrad) but at the last minute decided to take the LSAT instead of the MCAT. 

Is there something you would rather do? Lots of things...I really regret not going into the medical field, so being a doctor or a nurse would be up there.  I'd also really like to be heavily involved in fundraising aspects for some philanthropic organization.   

If you had the option, is your dream 'career' to be a 'home engineer' (stay at home mom)? Before I started working, I would have said absolutely not, but now I would love to be a stay at home mom.

What does your '5 year plan' look like?  Buy a house, have some babies and hopefully leave private practice and have a job either working for the federal government or as general counsel for a hospital or pharmaceutical company.  
  • What do you do for a living? I am the Director of Ticketing for a historic non-profit performing arts theatre

Do you enjoy your career? Most days, LOL!

What did you think you would end up 'being when you grew up'? I wanted to be a newspaper reporter, My degree is even in Journalism

Is there something you would rather do? My ultimate goal is to go back to school and get my MBA, but that wil have to wait until I have some $

If you had the option, is your dream 'career' to be a 'home engineer' (stay at home mom)? I don't see myslef not working anytime soon. I have to stay busy or I would go crazy, aka Workaholic!

What does your '5 year plan' look like? Be out of Debt, and maybe starting my Masters
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2011-weddings_anxious-leave-work-pollquestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:648Discussion:fdb773d6-d881-4560-bdf5-4dc097f3048ePost:f06e39bc-11d9-4fbd-a407-e94ed3e41a95">Re: Anxious to leave work poll/questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you do for a living? I'm a 911 dispatcher[/QUOTE]

How do you become one of those?!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards