Honeymoon Discussions

Need ideas for September HM

My fiance and I are marrying at the end of August so will HM the first week of September. We can only take 1 week off from work and need ideas of where to go that 1 week is enough time. We're worried about being at the peak of hurricane season then for the Caribbean then. Any ideas are welcome! Thanks!

Re: Need ideas for September HM

• If you're worried about hurricanes you can always get trip insurance, but if you really want to play it safe why not try the west coast of Mexico.. Cabo, Puerta Vallerta, Acapulco.
    You could also look into the deep Southern Caribbean.. Aruba.. Curacao.etc..
    Friends of mine honeymooned in Cancun last year in September and had beautiful weather the whole time.
    I don't know what your budget is.. but you could fly out to Hawaii for the week.

Also, cruises are a great bet when worrying about weather because the captain can change the boat's course if bad weather is ahead. FI was on a cruise once where they stopped at different island then what was on the original itinerary. Yes, you'd be looking forward to visiting certain islands, but it's better to see something you didn't plan on and enjoy your trip in the sun then to run into a storm.
  • We did Hawaii!  They rarely get hurricanes!
  • Aruba is out of the hurricane belt and cruise ships dont dock Aug/Sept, that is why we chose it.  http://www.riu.com/en-us/Paises/aruba/palmbeach/hotel-riu-palace-aruba/index.jsp
  • Yes, cruise ships dock in Aruba during August and September.. one of my BM's took a cruise last August into September and their first port of call was in Aruba. RC's Serenade of the Seas stops there twice a month in both of those months. 
  • aruba is out of the proverbial belt but DOES get hurricanes! check on it.

• We are getting married at the end of September and doing a week in Hawaii!!! Still haven't decided what island yet but the weather is supposed to be beautiful that time of year :)
  • We went to Bermuda, which is also outside of the hurricane belt (they do get them but less frequently).  Bermuda was absolutely AMAZING!
  • wer are honeymooning in sept. and decided to risk the hurricanes and just get really good trip insurance.  we are going to playa del carmen, mexico, which is in the hurricane zone but we will check right before we plan on leaving to see the weather and if there is a risk, we will cancel our trip and get the money back and use it to go at a later time.
  • Have you thought about Mexico for your honeymoon? It has beautiful beaches and even though hurricanes are a possibility, you can get some great deals on hotels and just get some travel insurance. One resort I would highly recommend is Secrets Silversands. Secrets Silversands is a very modern, adult’s only all-inclusive located in the Riviera Maya. It would honestly be the perfect place for a honeymoon! The resort offers numerous activities and boasts an absolutely amazing spa. The staff will also pamper you beyond belief. I hope you check Secrets out. You won’t regret it, I promise!
  • My FI and I just booked a 7 day cruise from New York to Bermuda for next September. We checked out The Knot's suggestions for prime HM locations in September and that's how we discovered Bermuda. As someone else already said, it's outside the hurrican belt, so no worries there. I'd consider a cruise because you can do 5, 6, or 7 day cruises, which is within your time frame. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards