Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Types of pies!!

We're doing homemade pies! Please give me some ideas!
So far we have:
Apple
Blueberry
Pumpkin

Re: Types of pies!!

• edited December 2011
    Cherry!!!!!!!!!! Then again I'm kind of a cherry freak. lol
    Peach
    Strawberry

If you're having the pies indoors, how about lemon meringue, coconut cream, banana cream, or chocolate pudding pies as other ideas?

The options are really endless. Think of what your, FI, families favorite pies?flavors are and go from there. Hope these ideas help. 
    A website that could possibly help you out on ideas but especially if you need a recipe for a pie is www.allrecipes.com. In the search box type in fruit pies and literally hundreds of recipes come up. I've used a number of recipes off of that site. Have fun planning!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh CHERRY! That's like my fav and I totally forgot! lol thanks :-) and yeah I asked the fam and get no responses...like "its your day do what you want" OK well I'm trying to please everyone--don't want to be the bridezilla that does everything bc I want it! If it was my choice, I'd have freaking popsicles!!
  • edited December 2011
    Chocolate pecan!
  • edited December 2011
    Strawberry Rhubarb, My fav. pie is peach! Custard(or milk pie) pie, coconut cream pie. I am sure I will think of more later.
  • iloveu4everiloveu4ever member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rhubarb, banana cream pie, chocolate silk

• Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Speaking as a mad pie baker, the best pies are the ones using in season fruit.

a listing

Angel Pie (Watch Refrigeration issues)
    Apple
    Apple Crumb
    Banana Cream (watch refrigeration issues)
    Blueberry
    Blackberry
    Bumbleberry
    Cheddar Pear (watch refrigeration issues)
    Cherry
    Chocolate Chip 
    Chocolate Cream (watch refrigeration issues)
    Cranberry Pear
    Cranberry-cherry
    Custard Pie (watch refrigeration issues)
    French Silk (watch refrigeration issues)
    Key Lime (watch refrigeration issues)
    Lemon Meringue (watch refrigeration issues)
    Peach
    Pear
    Plum 
    Pumpkin Chiffon (watch refrigeration issues)
    Raspberry 
    Rhubarb custard (watch refrigeration issues)
    Spice Pie (watch refrigeration issues)
    Strawberry Rhubarb
    Turtle Pie (watch refrigeration issues)

• edited December 2011
    Thanks!! You're awsome :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I was just gonna say French silk but I think Magdala has it covered pretty well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Love? above all things I believe in love. Love is like oxygen. Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong... All you need is love!" - Moulin Rouge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgs44BVIMnU
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow Magdala, my mouth is watering now!  I might have to go home and do some baking tonight :)  I was going to vote for chocolate pie but now I'm thinking about finding a recipe for cheddar pear or turtle pie.  FI would be so impressed :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think almost everything is covered but I also LOVE Chess pie!!! If you havnet had it is kinda like a custard pie...reallly reallly good and it gives you another pie option for people who don't love fruit pies.  I am also doing a pie bar for my wedding insted of cake so I am a little biased when I say that I think its a great idea! :)  Best of luck making all of those pies....my families doing mine for me and we have to make 30!!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards