Honeymoon Discussions

Costa Rica - Activities/Spa/Restaurant

Good Morning Ladies,

FI and I booked our HM to Costa Rica this week!!  We leave the first week of August to spend 5 days at Arenal Nayara and then 7 days at Issimo Suites in Manuel Antonio!!  I am so excited for this trip.

Would love to hear what other Costa Rica brides are doing or have done for activities.  Any specific vendor feedback would be great.
I'd also love to hear any recs for restaurants/spas.

Many Thanks!

Re: Costa Rica - Activities/Spa/Restaurant

• CKen11CKen11 member
    First Comment
    I SOOO want to go to CR. In Arenal you need to look at taking a canopy tour through the forest and white water rafting. You should be able to book this through the hotel. I'm so jealous - Arenal Nayara has got AMAZING views to the volcano and is on my top list of places to stay when I go. In Manuel Antonio I would take a rainforest waterfall walk, or you can go horseback riding. Wish it was me going - lol!
  • i've been but not on hm. dh and i stayed for a week of getaway relaxing about 3 years ago for my birthday week in late july. the hot springs near arenal volcano are fantastic. we stayed a whole day. MA is very nice as well. thsi wasn't a 'run all over and do everything' for us-jsut relaxing. i would go back in a minute. i loved it.

• OMG- we are going to be there then too! We are staying in puntarenas though but visiting Arenal and the cloud forest and Manuel Antonio. Look on trip advisor to find specific recommendations. We looked at reviews of our hotel and people gave great recommendations for travel vendors etc., a long with travel times and what to bring. It was a great resource for planning.

I hope you have a great time!!

• We are staying at Guanacaste for our HM!  One of our excursions is going to be a day trip to Arenal (it's about a 3.5 hour drive away, ugh!)  I think we are doing some hiking there and hot springs and such.  It sounds like a ton of fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Lisa T's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Books read in 2011: 32 of 75
  • FI and I went to Costa Rica in December on vacation.  We were only in Arenal for 1 night, but we wished we had more time.  The main activity we did there was a tour package where we walked hiked up (with a guide) onto some of the lava flows of the volcano, went to a hot springs spa, and then went to an open air dinner.  I forget the restuarant name, but I am sure there are lots of good ones.  To get to our next destination (Monte Verde) we took a boat across the lake.  I think there are lots of boating/water activities that you can do.

We stayed in Manuel Antonio for 3 nights.  There we went on a guided hike of the national park, went horseback riding along the beach, and FI went on an ATV tour.  The hoseback riding was actually kind of boring because we just went along this stretch of beach that was beautful, but looked the same for miles and miles, then turned around and went back the way we came.  If you go horseback riding, I would recommend going on a tour that was through the forest or more varied terains.

I would also highly recommend zip-lining.  We went in Monte Verde, but there are definitely a bunch of other places to go.  It was a lot of fun. 
  • We stayed at Arenal Nayara for our honeymoon and it was fantastic!  Definately try their spa, very relaxing.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• We were in Manuel Antonio a while ago...here are the restaurants we ate at that were amazing!

www.manuelantoniocostarica.com/cr/restaurants.html#Cafe_Milagro">Cafe Milagro - good for lunch
    www.manuelantoniocostarica.com/cr/restaurants.html#La_Hacienda">La Hacienda - best meal we had in Manuel Antonio- go for dinner
    www.manuelantoniocostarica.com/cr/restaurants.html#El_Avi%F3n">El Avión - go early to get a good spot to watch the amazing sunset.  Food good, but not great, so just get apps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards