Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitation/Reception Cards

Okay. So I have been working on Invitations for my April wedding. I have looked at other invites and people have "reception immediately following ceremony." I have also read that if the ceremony and reception are in the same place, that there is no need for a reception card. Well, our ceremony and reception are in the same place but we are doing a "cocktail hour" then dinner and dancing. And...It's not really a cocktail hour (as there won't be liquor), it is more light appetizers, wine and beer followed by dinner and dancing.

My question is, what should I put at the bottom of the invitation? Maybe Appetizers immediately following ceremony. Then...have a reception card that says there is dinner and dancing following the appetizer hour or something.

I guess I just want proper wording that doesn't mislead anyone.

Re: Invitation/Reception Cards

• We just put "Reception immediately following" on our invitation. We had apps for our guests while we took pictures, but we didn't think we needed to let people know that ahead of time.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • edited December 2012
    Im creating my invites with the RSVP and am confused as to where the guests can add (+1) if they're bringing someone. Also, when I have it addressed to two people it only gives one person the option to select their food choice. Please if you have any advice or helpful hints I'd love your feedback. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards