September 2012 Weddings

My dress came in.... at the worst possible time.

I got the call yesterday that my dress came in!!! However, it is about 4-5 months earlier than expected, and I have 1 week to try it on and pay the rest of it off. This is the worst possible time this could have happened, as I have been dealing with just about every crappy thing that could happen. My Fi hasn't been working due to slow business, so I have been paying all the bills and thus do not have the money for the dress. Also, I was in a bad car accident two weeks ago and have no vehicle to drive. I am waiting for the insurance check to come in so i can buy a new one, which will happen sometime this week, but no idea when. My mother, who has come to every dress appointment, went out of town with my father for the week.

So, my only option is to use my charge card (which I would rather NOT do but gonna have to), and ask my FMIL to go with me to get the dress. This has been a sore subject out of nowhere with her. About a week ago, she randomly told me that she found out I showed one of their friends a pic of my dress. This is true, but then she began raving that I never showed her. She sounded extremely hurt, and had an attitude about it. However.... I did show her the pics, a number of times. She just doesn't pay attention when you talk to her or doesn't remember things. When I texted her and said the dress came in, she immediately called me and said "Can you send me a picture, since, ya know, you NEVER showed me." So I sent her the pic off my phone that I'm sure I showed her before.

*sigh* I guess this was a rant more than anything, but it just blows my mind that I ordered that dress in the middle of sept and it showed up NOW. I'm not looking forward to taking my FMIL because she is a major pain, but I feel like it will settle her gripe about supposedly never seeing the dress, and also gets me a ride there. I also havent had time or money to get my hair cut or dyed since the spring, so I look like hell, and thats not gonna make me like what I see in the mirror.

Help?!?!

Re: My dress came in.... at the worst possible time.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_dress-came-worst-possible-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:f8b55c82-2124-4a49-bde1-40013a1b0a8fPost:52b2fae7-d1ae-414a-8d87-dfbf59574022">Re: My dress came in.... at the worst possible time.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there any way you can talk to the salon about holding it for you until you get the rest of the money? Especially since they were way off on their estimate?
    Posted by jessa1228[/QUOTE]

Everyone has been telling me to talk to them about it, but they seemed quite firm about their policy. I'm going to try to get an appt this weekend (the only possible time I can do so in their time frame) and if thats not possible I will explain whats going on.
  • i feel your pain to because when i went to get my dress they made me pay the whole thing upfront before the dress even came in wasnt expecting that and i barely even had the cash then it was very hard. especially when you have all those bills to pay i feel your pain it is not easy especially when you have so much to pay for besides a dress its not to easy. and your bills have to come first cause then they shut stuff off and things it sucks. just keep your head up and things positive.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_dress-came-worst-possible-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:f8b55c82-2124-4a49-bde1-40013a1b0a8fPost:4ed7eadb-0ba8-4981-904c-1c4e9d72e4f3">Re: My dress came in.... at the worst possible time.</a>:
    [QUOTE]i feel your pain to because when i went to get my dress they made me pay the whole thing upfront before the dress even came in wasnt expecting that and i barely even had the cash then it was very hard. especially when you have all those bills to pay i feel your pain it is not easy especially when you have so much to pay for besides a dress its not to easy. and your bills have to come first cause then they shut stuff off and things it sucks. just keep your head up and things positive.
    Posted by JenMatt121210[/QUOTE]

wow really? i've never heard of anyone having to do that - that is brutal!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards