African American Weddings

So What's Your Man Like???

I thought this would be a fun idea to get to know everyones fiance's. I saw it on another board and don't think I've seen it on the AAW Board yet so join in...
I'll go first!

FI's Name: Willie Coates Jr
Favorite type of music:  R&B
Favorite hobbies/things to do: PS3 is his other woman and he also likes to watch all types of sports
Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  The Office
Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): When he acts right even when he knows he's wrong.  He will stand by his wrongness til the end of time! Ugh!
Cutest thing about him: His smile and those boyish eyes he has
Any hidden talents?:  He can cook, dance, and he is awesome at any sport he plays. My type of man!

And lastly..post a funny or cute picture of him, if you want!

He's the cutie in the red!

Your turn...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: So What's Your Man Like???

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is neat!

FI's Name: Bobby
    Favorite type of music:  Gospel and R&B
    Favorite hobbies/things to do: Playing Phase Ten and cooking
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  Criminal Minds quotes
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): When he wants me under him all the time. I'm like... 
    DUDE!
    Cutest thing about him: He's a charmer
    Any hidden talents?:  The ability to make ppl feel good about themselves.

{This is my fave pic of him.}
  • bmoton82bmoton82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@ tyboyd: I love your post.  Cant wait til the others start rolling in. Isn't it ironic how you guys met @ Walgreens and my man works for Walgreens...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you. Girl, the board is so slow today! What's up with that?!

And yes, it is! Our "meeting" story is a lil deep. Walgreen's was a planned meeting place. Our story is long and crazy! lol
  • sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI's Name: Lester

Favorite type of music:  Reggae, Calypso, Soca

Favorite hobbies/things to do: Fishing, playing basketball
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  Not a fan of television and movies but his all time favorite movie is Dirty Dancing (I thought it was weird but that what he loves)
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): When he decides to cut his nails at any random time
    Cutest thing about him: His smile
    Any hidden talents?: 
    He can cook and is a undercover comedian.

I wish I knew how to do the whole picture thing but unfortunately I suck at it.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • edited December 2011
    This seems like fiun!!!
    FI's Name: Travis
    Favorite type of music:  Rap/R&B
    Favorite hobbies/things to do: Play Xbox and Wii, read , and he's the biggest nerd I've ever meet besides myself lol he loves to learn about science and space and religion
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  Not a TV watcher at all
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): Never putting things back where he got them...it drives me crazy!!!
    Cutest thing about him:His eyes!! He's part Thai and I love his almond shaped eyes...I still get losted in them...and his smile
    Any hidden talents?:  He is the best cook!!! I love when he is home and cooks for me especially Thai dishes and Mexican food!! He's super smart and he is in the process of designing a jet engine he has been working on since he was 13...odd but cool lol..

Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

FI's Name:  Steve Allen
    Occupation: Manager @ Lowes , Car Repair and DJ-ing on the side
    Favorite type of music:  Old School Hip Hop and Reggae
    Favorite hobbies/things to do: PS3 (he is an addict)
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  The Game, Wendy Williams
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): He can be a little O.C.D with cleanliness.
    Cutest thing about him: He's very handsome -in my opinion.
    Any hidden talents?
    He is a great dancer, people are shocked at weddings. He is always there for his friends and family-even if they have wronged him- they can still count on him.

218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    FI's Name: Joshua

Favorite type of music: Rap 
    Favorite hobbies/things to do: He loves looking up old tv shows on Youtube
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting: Too many to name lol
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): The way he puts the tissue on the roll lol, but hey at least he puts it on there I guess!
    Cutest thing about him: His smile & attitude
    Any hidden talents?: Not really hidden, but it's hidden from me lol everyone says he's such a great dancer but I've never seen it. So he claims he's gone "turn it out" at the wedding reception!

I wish I could post a pic buuuut I'm at work and the email system is down, but pics r in my bio :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    FI's Name: Jason Brown
    Favorite type of music:  Hip Hop an Rap
    Favorite hobbies/things to do: PS3, X-Box, and the Wii and travelling
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  IDK , maybe CSI! LOL!!
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): He knows the most random facts about things and will not hesitate to tell you about it! LOL!!
    Cutest thing about him: His smile and how caring he is
    Any hidden talents?:  He is very intelligent and knows a lot of interesting information.

My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    FI's Name: Keith

Favorite type of music:  Rap, R&B, Stepping Music, Oldies

Favorite hobbies/things to do: Computer Programs
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  He loves the Court shows, Judge Milian, Judge Mathis, Cop Shows
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): He is the king of sarcasm.  Always a rebuttal and smart remark.
    Cutest thing about him: I think he is totally cute.  I especially love his laugh.
    Any hidden talents?: 
    He can cook and fix anything, although it is not hidden. He really has good taste in clothes too.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_whats-man-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:9c0a39ac-c1d0-4b08-986e-29dc9ff8c6ddPost:5b8e0943-e409-49c1-8506-63d22d2680a3">Re: So What's Your Man Like???</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI's Name: Joshua Age: 24 (25 November 20th) Occupation: Sales Favorite type of music:  Rap   Favorite hobbies/things to do: He loves looking up old tv shows on Youtube Movies/tv shows he's always quoting: Too many to name lol Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): The way he puts the tissue on the roll lol, but hey at least he puts it on there I guess! Cutest thing about him: His smile & attitude Any hidden talents?:  Not really hidden, but it's hidden from me lol everyone says he's such a great dancer but I've never seen it. So he claims he's gone "turn it out" at the wedding reception! I wish I could post a pic buuuut I'm at work and the email system is down, but pics r in my bio :-)
    Posted by asabb[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Your FI and my mom have the same B-day. And she'll be 25 this year, too! LOL! She says she's 25 forever, but she said she MIGHT turn 26 this year! LOL!

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    FI's Name: Ibn

Favorite type of music: Favorite hobbies/things to do: Movies/tv shows he's always quoting: My Smooch likes the hardcore hip hop. As a matter of fact that's what I love about him, he is slightly street but oh so gentle.
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): It's annoying when he continues to want to argue and I am done and over with talking. Boy shaddup is what I want to say but I love him for trying to resolve it.
    Cutest thing about him: Is his giddyness about experiencing life together. He is like a kid in a candy store. Very touristy if you will being as though I am from DC and he is from New Jersey.
    Any hidden talents?: Not hidden necessarily but my Smooch can ball baby. We went on a cruise in June and he actually one a silver medal for a 3 on 3.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @tyboyd: Really, how cute! Make sure you tell her Happy 25th for me! She aint gotta turn 26 for a few more years lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I meant won a silver medal lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @tyboyd, I agree with your mom because I'm gonna be 27 for a minute! LOL
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    @Asabb: She ain't even 40 in real life! lol. I'm only 21....
    @msericka: Well, you rock 27! But I'ma need her to change from 25. She been 25 for about 5 years! lol
  • bmoton82bmoton82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok so my man is so nosy and random for this but he wants to know your FI's screen name on PS3 for NCAA Football 2011 so he can play. I told him he's crazy but I'd give it a shot! I told u gals that PS3 is his mistress!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FI's Name: Clifton
    Favorite type of music: Old School R&B and Hip-Hop, Jazz & some alternative 
    Favorite hobbies/things to do: Sports,
    Playing pool & Youtube lol!

Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:
    My baby ls such a nerd & thug at the same time :) He loves watching the History channel, Biography, & The Game. He also loves sci-fi flicks. Star Wars is one of his faves but he also loves the"hood" movies like Menace to Society, Boyz in the Hood, etc.. and is always saying movie quotes!

Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): When he puts up the groceries. He always puts things in places I would never put them!

Cutest thing about him: His smile! I love those dimples that he & my son share. Also, that he is always trying to make his wifey to be happy!

Any hidden talents?: He could totally have a career as a celebrity impersonator lol! He sounds exactly like too many to name!
    Here's my baby :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JustMe4EJustMe4E member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

FI's Name: Elton
    Favorite type of music:  Rap, R&B, and live jazz
    Favorite hobbies/things to do: Riding his motorcycle and working out.
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  My FI loves commericals. He gets a kick of them.
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): The sarcasm is over the top. 
    Cutest thing about him: His muscular frame. Very nice body.
    Any hidden talents?: He is an excellent cook

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI's Name:Bertrand
    Favorite type of music:  rock
    Favorite hobbies/things to do: loves his laptop 24/7 has 6 of them sheesh!
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  Boondocks
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): he will stick to a issue till end  of time can you say stubborn lol!
    Cutest thing about him: His smile and personality
    Any hidden talents?:  He can fix anything.he loves google. and he loves to  joke  and sing  even though he cant!
  • edited December 2011
    FI's Name: Donte'
    Occupation: Pharmaceutical sales rep for Pfizer's animal division
    Favorite type of music:  Old school
    Favorite hobbies/things to do: Cycling, breeding snakes (I know, eek!)
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  Anything from Coming to America
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): He ALWAYS has to have the last word
    Cutest thing about him: He has such a broad, wide smile and it's so cute!  I also love that he's so tall.  He's 6'3" and I'm 5'4".
    Any hidden talents?:  He's a much better cook than I am.  I keep telling him he needs to go on Chopped on The Food Network!  Also, he can fix anything and everything.

I wish I knew how to post pictures but I have no idea!
  • edited December 2011

FI's Name: Kiev Hill
    Favorite type of music:  Old School
    Favorite hobbies/things to do: Watching College Football (Oklahoma sooners)
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  The Wood, Juice
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): Change the toilet paper but leave the empty roll!!!! AAHHHH LOL
    Cutest thing about him: the way he looks at me, makes me feel shy and gitty
    Any hidden talents?:  this boy I swear can debate debate debate and make the person think they wrong...can we say FREE STUFF ALL THE TIME LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FI's Name: Sean Michael
    Favorite type of music:  Gospel
    Favorite hobbies/things to do: sing, write music, watch movies
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  Shaft...and it bugs me
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): He never, ever, EVER rinses out the sink after he shaves. EVER!!! Thise little hairs are the bane of my exsistence!
    Cutest thing about him: He's silly, a big ol kid at heart.
    Any hidden talents?:  He can cook his butt off, though he chooses not to.

He had no idea I was taking this picture. I love when he wears his hair down, which he MIGHT do if I beg. I'm insisting on it for at least the ceremony...then he can go back to his customary ponytail.

11.13.2010 = BEST DAY EVER!!!
    Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    FI's Name:  Jon Ethan
    Favorite type of music:  Pretty much anything except country - loves to listen to music all the time
    Favorite hobbies/things to do:  Cook, cook, and more cooking; watch football; play dominoes; entertain family and friends - with his cooking....oh, did I say cooking?
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  The Office, any movie that came out in the 90"s
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): Apologizing for everything!  Even things that are not his fault!  Uggg....!
    Oh, and not rinsing the food off the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher!
    Cutest thing about him: When he's asleep - he looks like an innocent little boy...
    Any hidden talents?:  He's a math whiz!  Wish I knew him while I was taking Calculus in college!
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Any hidden talents?:  this boy I swear can debate debate debate and make the person think they wrong...can we say FREE STUFF ALL THE TIME LOL
    Posted by kittybutton[/QUOTE]

OMG, Sean, too! EVERYwhere we go jokes and asks if he can get a military discount - nevermind the fact that he's been out of the army for 20yrs! You wouldn't believe how many times it has actually worked!
    11.13.2010 = BEST DAY EVER!!!
    Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    FI's Name: Chris
    Favorite type of music:  Gospel, rap, and R&B
    Favorite hobbies/things to do: PS3, watching NBA and college basketball, and playing pickup basketball
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  We go back and forth quoting Friday and Baby Boy lol
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): When he acts all stubborn and headstrong. Sometime you can't tell him anything.
    Cutest thing about him: I think he has the cutest face ever from his pretty eyelashes, big brown eyes, cute lil nose, to his pretty full lips. Our baby is going to be adorable if she looks anything like her daddy.
    Any hidden talents?:  He's such a comedian, but most people wouldn't know because they think he's quiet.

This pic cracks me up. It's his mad and hungry face lol.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_whats-man-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:9c0a39ac-c1d0-4b08-986e-29dc9ff8c6ddPost:cc289bde-bef2-4939-be4d-fa758e242f86">Re: So What's Your Man Like???</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI's Name: Kiev Hill Age: 33 Occupation: Business Account Executive @ Verizon Wireless Favorite type of music:  Old School Favorite hobbies/things to do: Watching College Football (Oklahoma sooners) Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  The Wood, Juice Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): Change the toilet paper but leave the empty roll!!!! AAHHHH LOL Cutest thing about him: the way he looks at me, makes me feel shy and gitty Any hidden talents?:  <strong>this boy I swear can debate debate debate and make the person think they wrong...can we say FREE STUFF ALL THE TIME LOL</strong> And lastly..post a funny or cute picture of him, if you want!
    Posted by kittybutton[/QUOTE]

OMG my FI is the exact same way!  He got me a Coach purse a few Christmases ago from the outlet and he was able to talk them into giving him an EXTRA 30% off on top of the original 50% off plus an additional 20%!  This is the outlet we're talking about!  He got a $600 bag for dirt cheap. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_whats-man-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:9c0a39ac-c1d0-4b08-986e-29dc9ff8c6ddPost:2a17f956-8db9-4167-a307-13b1fcf7825a">Re: So What's Your Man Like???</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG, Sean, too! EVERYwhere we go jokes and asks if he can get a military discount - nevermind the fact that he's been out of the army for 20yrs! You wouldn't believe how many times it has actually worked!
    Posted by BabyKaykes[/QUOTE]

GURRLL...Mines too...its always ARMY this and ARMY that...im like dude how long u been out LMAO...but I LOVE HIM TO DEATH..and yes those discounts are WHATS UP lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FI's Name: LORIES

Favorite type of music:  CLASSIC ROCK
    Favorite hobbies/things to do: TRAVELING &
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  RICK FLAIR (WRESTLING)
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): SNORES!! A KNOW IT ALL & HE HOGS ALL OF THE COVERS ON THE BED & HE WILL NOT LET ME PLUCK HIS EYEBROWS, IT WILL GROW INTO A UNIBROW..

Cutest thing about him: HIS SMILE & HIS HAIR
    Any hidden talents?:  CAN PLAY THE TROMBONE

• edited December 2011
    FI's Name: Malcolm

Favorite type of music:  He loves everything, has over 8 thousand songs on his ipod. rap to rock he'll listen to it
    Favorite hobbies/things to do: His favorite thing to do is me of course. lol. He loves watching any kinds of sports and road trips. I usually have to ask how long we will be gone before I get in the car.  
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting:  He quotes rap songs more than tv. "We dont believe you, you need more people" lol
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): He procrastinates and then looks at you like you have three heads if you ask more than once. UGH !

Cutest thing about him: His eyes
    Any hidden talents?:  His memory is the best. Even when you thinking he wasnt paying attention. This couls also be annoying lol

Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    FI's Name: Greg

Favorite type of music: 
    Rap
    Favorite hobbies/things to do:
    PS3/Xbox 360 watching NBA, watching movies
    Movies/tv shows he's always quoting: 
    Too many to name!
    Annoying things he does (but you still love him anyways!): He wants to fix everything all the time when I'm mad and just want to bitch.

Cutest thing about him:
    Bald head, beautiful brown eyes, and the fact that he doesn't mind coming out to my races even when he has to wait hours for me to get done!
    Any hidden talents?:  He knows and remembers all kind of random entertainment trivia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards