• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2011 Weddings

50 states, 50 venues

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/50-ways-to-wed

So is your venue on the list?! I was hoping mine would be, but it's not. My FI and I did, however, stay at the Ritz Carlton in Marana and it was gorgeous.. I just prefer the one in Phoenix ;-)
Anniversary

Re: 50 states, 50 venues

• bah, it's ALWAYS the Mount Washington Hotel when you talk about weddings in NH... it is beautiful, but NMS. There is so many other places with so much charm  and history outside of mount washingon valley. Silly Martha!!!
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • Nope for me.  They highlighted a Cleveland venue and I'm down in Cincinnati.  We looked at venues in both KY and OH.  Mine isn't even featured by the Knot, though, and I'm OK with that.  :)
  • nope for me either - but i was surprised the california one was a northern california spot! i had assumed it'd be somewhere in southern california. i've been in that area before and it IS gorgeous.

the rhode island one - my friend checked that out for her wedding 4 years ago and nearly had a heart attack at the rental costs of that place.

some of the other places look gorgeous tho! thanks for sharing, sarah :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    surprise BFP 1/1/12 ~ EDD 9/10/12 ~ M/C 2/2/2012
    thank you, baby angel, for showing us we can DO it!
    appt with RE 11/1/12 ~ "you should take a HPT, your period's due soon" "yeah right"
    whoops! surprise BFP #2 11/2/12! ~ EDD 7/13/13 ~ you gotta stick, lil one!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MandK9MandK9 member
    1000 Comments
    Dang, the two for Michigan aren't even places I know because I've only been to Grand Rapids like three times.  I was hoping for Detroit! 

However, I have been to the place listed for Wisconsin.  It is spectacular.  A family wedding was there, and FI and I are going to take some photos in those gardens when we're in next weekend :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• oo0o ok we looked at the CT one but nearly gagged at the pp price. We're down the street and very happy. BUT our RD is being held at Trumbull Kitchen, which they dub a Hartford "Hot Spot." It's about as close to Hot Spot that Hartford has so...I'll take it!
  • MRadsMRads member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments
    In Response to Re: 50 states, 50 venues:
    [QUOTE]Dang, the two for Michigan aren't even places I know because I've only been to Grand Rapids like three times.  I was hoping for Detroit!  However, I have been to the place listed for Wisconsin.  It is spectacular.  A family wedding was there, and FI and I are going to take some photos in those gardens when we're in next weekend :D
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

I've been to a couple of weddings at the Meijer gardens and its nice, but nothing spectacular.  I think something along one of the lakes would be much prettier.

I feel like when people are picking one location for the state of PA, its always in Philly.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • MandK9MandK9 member
    1000 Comments
    I thought they might choose this one for Michigan:

http://www.roostertail.com/

We looked at it. It's realllly pretty. But our venue is more our style :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• No, because A-we're getting married in a friend's yard, and B-we couldn't afford this or any other place where we live. But it is a beautiful place. And the restaurant they highlighted is actually my favorite and it's affordable...but we couldn't "host our welcome dinner there" unless everyone paid for themselves...LOL. 
  • In Response to Re: 50 states, 50 venues:
    [QUOTE]I thought they might choose this one for Michigan: http://www.roostertail.com/ We looked at it. It's realllly pretty. But our venue is more our style :)
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

I'm tired and can't read... and really thought your link said 
    rooster fail... 
    in my head I had a wtf moment wondering what kind of venue would call itself rooster fail. 
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
    [QUOTE]Nope for me.  They highlighted a Cleveland venue and I'm down in Cincinnati.  We looked at venues in both KY and OH.  Mine isn't even featured by the Knot, though, and I'm OK with that.  :)
    Posted by melanieandbrad[/QUOTE]

That's ok your wedding will get it featured  :0)
    image image

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
    [QUOTE]oo0o ok we looked at the CT one but nearly gagged at the pp price. We're down the street and very happy. BUT our RD is being held at Trumbull Kitchen, which they dub a Hartford "Hot Spot." It's about as close to Hot Spot that Hartford has so...I'll take it!
    Posted by Irishcurls[/QUOTE]

That's so awesome that your rehearsal dinner spot was on there.
    I'm obsessed with that CT venue. SO my style. I oculd tell it was freaking expensive..... I'm sure your place is beautiful too. Why don't you have a BIO, woman!?
    Anniversary
  • Colorado's featured venue is in Aspen.  We talked about doing a mountain wedding, but thought being in Denver would be more convenient for our guests.  The Aspen Mountain Club does look spectacular, but I'd have to say something in Crested Butte would've been more my style.
    [QUOTE]bah, it's ALWAYS the Mount Washington Hotel when you talk about weddings in NH... it is beautiful, but NMS. There is so many other places with so much charm  and history outside of mount washingon valley. Silly Martha!!!
    Posted by WnaBKaet[/QUOTE]

I'll admit, when I saw that picture, it took my breath away. I'm sure that all of NH is gorgeous though. The North is insanely gorgeous and green. I miss the greenery!
    Anniversary
  • I've never heard of the natirar.com in NJ.  Looks ok, kind of small and looks like everything is extra!  Go figure Martha Stuart!
    [QUOTE]nope for me either - but i was surprised the california one was a northern california spot! i had assumed it'd be somewhere in southern california. i've been in that area before and it IS gorgeous. the rhode island one - my friend checked that out for her wedding 4 years ago and nearly had a heart attack at the rental costs of that place. some of the other places look gorgeous tho! thanks for sharing, sarah :)
    Posted by adnilemydal[/QUOTE]
    I was surprised too...usually SoCal gets all of the attention...lol.
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 50 states, 50 venues : That's so awesome that your rehearsal dinner spot was on there. I'm obsessed with that CT venue. SO my style. I oculd tell it was freaking expensive..... I'm sure your place is beautiful too. Why don't you have a BIO, woman!?
    Posted by sb9411[/QUOTE]
    Because I feel like people wouldn't look at it?? idk. Maybe that'll be my project today. What do people suggest--weeblie? Did I make that up?
  • Nope, not even the same city and I've never heard of the place for Iowa!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 50 states, 50 venues : Because I feel like people wouldn't look at it?? idk. Maybe that'll be my project today. What do people suggest--weeblie? Did I make that up?
    Posted by Irishcurls[/QUOTE]

I used Yola, because Weebly is blocked on my work computer..... I liked Yola... but you could use either. UM, people would totally look at it..... LIKE ME!
    Anniversary
  • Aspen would have been cool, but FI nixed being in the mountains since some of our guests are likely to get altitude sickness. Very happy with our venue choices though!
  • Nope they chose Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas. They never choose anything from Houston it is always Dallas.

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/383233]
    [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/383233/ttc.png[/img]
    [/url]
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 50 states, 50 venues : I'll admit, when I saw that picture, it took my breath away. I'm sure that all of NH is gorgeous though. The North is insanely gorgeous and green. I miss the greenery!
    Posted by sb9411[/QUOTE]

Mt. Washington is beautiful, but TBH... I've lived in NH my whole life and I've never been up there... 
    The whole state is beatiful. I'm getting married in an old historic mill on a river, we have the seacoast (Wentworth By The Seas, what?!?! CLICK)... the lakes region (CLICK) and about umpteen million other awesome places beyond the mountians. 
    I'm spoiled and take advantage of my greenery :-P
  • Of course they would choose the Hotel duPont for Delaware.  Yes, its beautiful but its NMS.  Too frou frou!!
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! image Wedding Countdown Ticker
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 50 states, 50 venues : I used Yola, because Weebly is blocked on my work computer..... I liked Yola... but you could use either. UM, people would totally look at it..... LIKE ME!
    Posted by sb9411[/QUOTE]
    Me, too, Alex!!  I used Weebly for mine because it was the one I'd heard of at the time.  It was super easy.
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 50 states, 50 venues : Mt. Washington is beautiful, but TBH... I've lived in NH my whole life and I've never been up there...  The whole state is beatiful. I'm getting married in an old historic mill on a river, we have the seacoast (Wentworth By The Seas, what?!?!  CLICK )... the lakes region ( CLICK ) and about umpteen million other awesome places beyond the mountians.  I'm spoiled and take advantage of my greenery :-P
    Posted by WnaBKaet[/QUOTE]

Ooo Wentworth is gorgeous too..... I love everything I've seen. Go NH!
    Anniversary
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 50 states, 50 venues : That's ok your wedding will get it featured  :0)
    Posted by Jelenny[/QUOTE]

Aww...this made me smile.  Thank you.  I am getting ready to go crazy with details and I did make sure to choose a photographer with a good blog, so I will be featured somewhere.   hahaha
  • Our venue isn't on the list, but I have been to the one that made the list for Florida. The Ringling museum is beautiful. Between the house, the grounds, and the view of the gulf it would make an amazing spot for the wedding. 
    September 2011 November Siggy Challenge: First Dance Photo (I still haven't uploaded all of my wedding pictures, so here's a picture of what happens when you mix me, my bridesmaids, a man who hates to dance, and an open bar). image image

101 in 1001
  • nope ours isn't but I had a friend that got married in the Michigan featured one
  • SandDDSandDD member
    500 Comments
    I'm shocked by the NJ pick! I have lived here my whole life and have never even heard of the area! Granted, I've only lived in one county my whole life (unless you count college, but still! I mean, I was expecting something either down the shore or even along the Hudson. I don't know about this Martha! haha
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 50 states, 50 venues : Ooo Wentworth is gorgeous too..... I love everything I've seen. Go NH!
    Posted by sb9411[/QUOTE]
    oo0o I LOVE Wentworth!!!!! Two cousins got married there and a family friend is considering it. Love love!
  • Our venue's not on the list (of course they'd pick Charleston over Greenville - why wouldn't they pick Charleston???), but I have been to a wedding at the Biltmore in NC. Beyond gorgeous. And beyond expensive.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards