Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

5 entree choices on website

Has anyone been able to add 5 entree choices to their website on the knot? I am only able to add 3 and we are having 5. If I can't add this many, we need to do rsvp inserts in the invitations, which I am trying to avoid to save paper.

Thanks!

Re: 5 entree choices on website

• edited December 2011
    Wow, 5 is a lot! What are you choices, out of curiousity?

If you can only add three, then I'd say that's the limits of the website right now. I'll pass this thread on to the Knot Annie and see if she has a better answer than my non-one.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a pork loin entree, chicken entree, salmon, vegerian pasta, and a kids meal. We could do w/ fewer choices, but it is not costing us any extra and I like the idea of offering our guests more choices, particularly b/c I have friends who are vegetarian, we have neices/nephews who will choose the kids meal (which is a lot cheaper for us) and then I just think people will appreciate having options.
    So that was the long story :)
    If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate them! Our wedding is in 89 days and I have to get invites out soon, so I need to figure out if we are doing online rsvp or in the invitations.
    Do you know if there is a phone number or email address to contact someone from the knot?

Thanks so much!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also having 5.  Chicken Breast Valdostano, Veal ala Sorrentino, Baked Alaskan Salmon, Filet Mignon and a Vegetarian dish. 

But I haven't figured out the website either. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm afraid I don't know who is responsible for handling the websites. Personally, I'd be inclined to do the paper rsvp/menu choice. If you had more time, I'd say wait and see what the Knot can come up with, but if you're less than 3 months out, I wouldn't chance waiting.
  • edited December 2011
    I would not count on any website to handle your RSVP/entree choices.  I have seen too many brides come on here in a panic because their guests told them that the online feature wasn't working.  If that happens to you, you will have to call every single guest to get their entree choice.  Besides, many people won't RSVP online regardless.  If I were you I would bite the bullet and use RSVP cards. 
  • UDscoobychickUDscoobychick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP...paper RSVPs are probably the way to go, particularly if you have guests that aren't very computer-savvy.
  • edited December 2011

I would use the paper RSVP. They might cost more, but they will save you the headache of people who do not want to reply online and the chance of the website not working correctly.

September 2011 November Siggy Challenge: First Dance Photo (I still haven't uploaded all of my wedding pictures, so here's a picture of what happens when you mix me, my bridesmaids, a man who hates to dance, and an open bar). imageimage

101 in 1001
  • tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    List the pork, chicken & fish.  Then email the Vegetarians & the people with kids.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks, everyone! I think I might just stick w/ paper RSVPs.
  • edited December 2011
    I currently have 4 entrees listed and when I just went in there the line below the list of entrees is blank and lets me add another if I choose. It looks like it lets you add as many as you want.

But like some of the PP's said the knot RSVP page has been known to be unreliable, which i didn't know until after i put it on our rsvp inserts. However I stamped them as well for guests to mail back so hopefully a majority of them will do that instead.
  • Knot AnnieKnot Annie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I had the customer service manager try this on your account and they were able to do it. Why don't you email me and I'll show you? ajones@theknot.com

Thanks,

Knot Annie
    Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    I actually just went with the paper rsvps....thanks, though!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards