Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good Morning!

Rise and shine, E! It's time for the daily Good Morning post! Helloooo!

Re: Good Morning!

• heart: I love meeting up with H for lunch. For me it's such a rare thing. Hope you enjoy your subway lunch with your FI today! And I don't think I've seen you round here before, so HI! Another DC/Baltimore girl, eh? We've got lots of those lately

Stacks- no joke, the first time I went to Portland I told Mr Panda that I couldn't tell who was homeless and who was just a hippie.
  • babestate- not having to go into my hellish work place for a few days does a lot to brighten my panda smile, what can I say? Also, is it ironic that I don't get your s/n right on purpose after you tell that story about your boss not knowing your name? Hmm....
  • Good morning! Have fun on your vacations everyone, I'll be slaving away at work tomorrow.

baystate, that's pretty funny, not gonna lie. But it seems like you have a fun attitude about it!

stacks, good job on the volunteering, it's the one thing I always wished my parents did, but they were too busy. J will appreciate it so much when she gets older.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Good morning, ladies.  I'm still partially asleep. Guh.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I've heard the PNW is gorgeous, Manda, so enjoy your trip to Oregon!

Matilda -- I love my boss, he's awesome, and I love to tease him even more.  So I don't mind it.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Good morning! It's THURSDAY! That means I get to hang with KentuckyKate and Birdie again. I look forward to this ALL WEEK. Yeah, I'm lame, what about it?

Fish, don't tell, but I think your husband loves you more than mine loves me too. Salt's too. He brought her flowers to work. Mine...picked up some spaghetti sauce on the way home? I'm kidding of course, but it's enough to make a girl a little wishful.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-119?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:902e0574-921f-4122-b863-b40d46df57a7Post:0b2e137d-3009-45cd-a130-fe31c31b0433">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've heard the PNW is gorgeous, Manda, so enjoy your trip to Oregon! Matilda -- I love my boss, he's awesome, and I love to tease him even more.  So I don't mind it.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

At least your boss was in the right neighborhood. MIne still calls me Laurie some days. My name is Julia. No idea where he got tht from.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-119?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:902e0574-921f-4122-b863-b40d46df57a7Post:42cb8c3c-c9c4-42b0-81d6-56ae62f74e1d">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]heart: I love meeting up with H for lunch. For me it's such a rare thing. Hope you enjoy your subway lunch with your FI today! And I don't think I've seen you round here before, so HI! Another DC/Baltimore girl, eh? We've got lots of those lately Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

Hello! :)  Yup, Harford County here. Now that I work full time and my FI is in college, we thought it'd be nice to have some time during the week to meet up.  He doesn't have classes on Thursdays so they are now Subway lunch date days, lol.

imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-119?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:902e0574-921f-4122-b863-b40d46df57a7Post:32b91401-ae56-423e-8a58-309475fcae25">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : At least your boss was in the right neighborhood. MIne still calls me Laurie some days. My name is Julia. No idea where he got tht from.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

He called me "Robyn" once.  That one was my favorite.

I can understand being bad with names.  But c'mon.  Your boss and my boss need to hang out.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Good morning!  I can't believe its Thursday already.  I need a least 3 more days ok work to get done before Friday. 

I'm excited for my date with Fische!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Morning!

I'm just siting here still applying for jobs.  This is getting rather discouraging.
  • Manda, that's what it's like where I live now.  I'm pretty sure that if you are over 50 you shouldn't really be rocking the dreadlocks and tie-dyed pants while carrying a banana bag manpurse.  Oh and then we have the hippie backpackers, sorry, their called  "budget eco-tourists"....
  • Fische,  Are you going to one of the Dave shows at Wrigley?

If so, I am a teeny bit jealous.  Lots of our friends are going but we are leaving tomorrow for Florida for the FMIL's birthday.
  • Morning, everyone! Can't wait for it to be Friday, though I have tons of work to get done before the weekend too.
  • Zomg. Why am I upppp this early and HOW are all of you lovely ladies so chipper? Especially you Manda. Brings me back to childhood memories of yelling at my mom for 10 more minutes in bed because I KNOW she used to get me up a half hour earlier than necessary for the soul purpose of making sure we were never late.

Fische, enjoy your vacation you luckyduck. Same with you Manda, enjoy your vacation... and your inlaws. :-)

What are everyone's plans for todaaaay? (besides the obvious work and schtuff). What about plans for this weekend?

I get to work all weekend, Fix my car on sunday, then monday I get to peace out to SC for a meeting with my program director for school next year!
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-119?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:902e0574-921f-4122-b863-b40d46df57a7Post:4e5a896b-fba2-486f-9237-c092774f4979">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : Hello! :)  Yup, Harford County here. Now that I work full time and my FI is in college, we thought it'd be nice to have some time during the week to meet up.  He doesn't have classes on Thursdays so they are now Subway lunch date days, lol.
    Posted by heartxsongs[/QUOTE]

Woohoo! Another HarCo girl!  I'm not there now, but that's where I grew up and where most of my family still lives.
  • Hey sep7, by SC do you mean South Carolina or Southern California? And I'm chipper because I'm not at work. Not being at work makes me HAPPY!
  • I'm only chipper online.  If someone were to talk to me in person right now, they'd be lucky to get anything more than a series of grunts.
  • Good Morning All! Another day at the office. Wish it was Friday. We'll be continuing to lay flooring this weekend. We have the one room almost done and I see visions of greatness once the whole house is done. So excited! Wish I was going/on vacation though. Manda and Fische enjoy!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-119?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:902e0574-921f-4122-b863-b40d46df57a7Post:19432b49-0618-47f7-9e71-24dc7e1053db">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : Woohoo! Another HarCo girl!  I'm not there now, but that's where I grew up and where most of my family still lives.
    Posted by arbolita[/QUOTE]

Hehe :D  I remember lurking in an old thread and seeing a poster, Rosie, from Harford too.  I thought it was cute that her FI proposed to her at Havre de Grace, since that's where mine proposed to me :)

As for my weekend plans.... My FI's family has "kitchen-gating" parties for football during some of the Sunday afternoon games throughout the season.  This weekend is the first one for this season, so I'm looking forward to it.

imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2010
    I just get amazed when people actually know where it is.  It stuns me just how many people in Baltimore county have no idea that Harford is directly to the right of them.
  • Arb, I was BORN in Harford County!  An Edgewood Arsenal baby.
  • ooooh Manda, SC for South Carolina. I'm going to Uni of SouthCar next year for my M.Ed. and need to do some serious butt kissing to make sure I can solidify a good assistantship to help out financially. Plus, I really can't wait to start back up and get involved with the students again.

And Arbs: I grunt too. I don't form logical IRL sentences until atleast after I have had my coffee and a good two meals in my belly. So. After lunch.

FOR SALE!!.

• I miss HarCo.  I would never be able to convince Mr. Arb to live there because he is convinced it's in the middle of nowhere.  I mean, the area I like kind of is, so I can't argue his point,  but that's what I loved about it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-119?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:902e0574-921f-4122-b863-b40d46df57a7Post:f6686286-93e4-4e9a-82c4-b5a457d42963">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]ooooh Manda, SC for South Carolina. I'm going to Uni of SouthCar next year for my M.Ed. and need to do some serious butt kissing to make sure I can solidify a good assistantship to help out financially. Plus, I really can't wait to start back up and get involved with the students again. And Arbs: I grunt too. I don't form logical IRL sentences until atleast after I have had my coffee and a good two meals in my belly. So. After lunch.
    Posted by sep72fendr[/QUOTE]

Cool! Columbia is an ok town, but you'll be able to get to Charleston as often as you want! And that makes me happy for you. Because Chucktown rocks. Good luck with your, er, butt kissing!
  • Charleston is the ultimate settling down place after school. It's gorgeous, historical, tons of beautiful architecture for DF to oogle and drool over (he's an architect and eats that crap up). Plus it's just a beautiful place to raise a family.

FOR SALE!!.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-119?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:902e0574-921f-4122-b863-b40d46df57a7Post:fee2748c-8ede-45a0-93c4-3eced992ffe6">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I miss HarCo.  I would never be able to convince Mr. Arb to live there because he is convinced it's in the middle of nowhere.  I mean, the area I like kind of is, so I can't argue his point,  but that's what I loved about it.
    Posted by arbolita[/QUOTE]

Both my FI and I are born and raised Harford, and we're sure we want to stay here.  We're near Bel Air, so its not so much the "middle of nowhere" here, but I can see what might make some think so.  For entertainment there's basically either the movies or mini golf, unless you go into Baltimore.  I just love the neighborhoods around here though, and there are a lot of good schools in the area for raising little ones.

imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning!

So late today..stupid traffic plus I don't feel good. Meh :(
    *Rafs Girl* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-119?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:902e0574-921f-4122-b863-b40d46df57a7Post:a5c10fc9-ab4f-4857-a8a6-2780793fcca8">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : Cool! Columbia is an ok town, but you'll be able to get to Charleston as often as you want! And that makes me happy for you. Because Chucktown rocks. Good luck with your, er, butt kissing!
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

Did you see the F&B artile written in the Post & Courrier by Ken Burger? It's got the F&B community up in arms down there. Mickey, the GM of the Charleston Place wrote a great response in Letters to the Editor. You can find both of them on the P&C website. Basically, Ken is saying that all F&B people are trapped in the industry and party and do drugs.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-119?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:902e0574-921f-4122-b863-b40d46df57a7Post:d22ebd94-70e6-491f-a6a2-c17e0f3ce628">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! So late today..stupid traffic plus I don't feel good. Meh :(
    Posted by texagj[/QUOTE]

Boo for not feeling well...Hope you get better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards