North Carolina

Matron of Honor needs some help planning a wedding!

My cousin just got engaged over Christmas and has asked me to be her Matron of Honor/wedding planner! I planned my wedding a little over 2 years ago here in Charlotte, but she is hoping for a Western NC wedding (which I am completely unfamiliar with!)

Looking at Boone, but open to other areas... Anyone have any suggestions? She has a low budget and has already picked a date... 5 months away!! Any help and suggestions on where to look for venues and everything else is greatly appreciated!

Re: Matron of Honor needs some help planning a wedding!

• edited December 2011
    hi! happy to help- i travel to that area a few times a year. could you provide reception budget number? that would be helpful :)
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kelchristinakelchristina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She's hoping to stay around $3000.. I told her I would see what I can do with that budget! She doesn't necessarily want a DJ either, she wants something small and intimate.
  • edited December 2011
    ok, that is plenty for that type of reception! how many people?
    image122 Made the list!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not totally sure.. no more than 100 she said, but I don't even think it will be that much! I've been looking at places with that capacity just incase. She doesn't want a sit down meal, just hor derves (sp?) and cake.
  • edited December 2011
    image122 Made the list!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! The Broyhill Inn and Meadowbrook Inn I have already called and left messages for! (My husband and I got engaged at Meadowbrook, so I thought of that place originally!)

Thank you so much for all of your help! If anyone has any suggestions on florists (just for bouquets), a good deal on a photographer, and cake places in that area, please let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    Floral packages are available with SamsClub.com and it's not JUST bouquets, but you can search around to find what you need.  We're doing the 17-piece white roses wedding package and it is less than $300 (and that includes shipping).  That is enough for 4 BM, 1 bride, 1 toss-bouq, 3 plain bouts, 3 bouts with filler, 4 corsages, 1 box of rose petals.  Pretty great deal if you don't mind  getting any extra pieces that you may not necessarily use.

Wow, I can't believe the bride picked a date only 5 months away and expects her MOH to plan it for her?  You are a saint.  Bless you.  I couldn't imagine being in her shoes and having everything done for me. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love planning, so it's fun for me, and since I've done it before, it's good for her to have help since she has no idea where to start! A little stressful given I'm expecting baby #2 (and will be a 7 month pregnant MOH!haha) but that's ok!

Thank you so much for the suggestions, and I will check out Sams! I am a member at BJ's,... I wonder if they do that!?

All of the suggestions are greatly appreciate ladies! My main priority is finding a ceremony and reception site in her budget that has that date open!

• edited December 2011
    My photographer is in Raleigh, but travels with a very reasonable travel fee and is also one of the most reasonable I found for all day coverage.  IDK if she is booked for May, but I would certainly reccomend them!  I have had several friends use them and we have had our E-photos with them (would be glad to share them with you, if you'd like). 

Hathaway Photography
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • edited December 2011
    I graduated from ASU a few years ago, and like most alums, am still totally obsessed with all things Boone.  :)

Stick Boy Bread Co. has a fantastic wedding cake business, and although they are a bit pricey, I think they could be within the budget for such a small wedding.  
    Also, if you go with one of the on-campus venues (Broyhill Inn or Solarium) I bet the cake is included in the catering. It sounds crazy, but ASU Food Services does great work.  They did a retirement cake for a professor of mine and it was delicious!

PM me and I can give you contact info on a DJ who I know (if he is available) will likely be in budget.

The only thing I worry about for your cousin is photography-- most photography packages I find are closer to her entire wedding budget-- maybe you could contact the Photography Dept. at ASU and they could recommend some affordable options? 

EDIT*****
    Forgot to mention, the Solarium is very pretty, but it kind of smells like a pool due to the indoor waterfalls. If you consider it as an option, just visit first to make sure the smell won't bother the bride :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards