North Carolina-Outer Banks

Wedding planning from start to finish in 2 weeks!

I am in the Navy as well as my Soon to be hubby and after finding out his deployment and my transfer were pushed up 6 months we decided we wanted to get married on my grandparents anniversary, 2 weeks away. I knew OBX was the Obvious choice for us, we live in Virginia beach and our first date/ kiss was on the beach on a crazy late night road trip to OBX.

I am not one of those wedding crazy bridezillas, so I had no clue where to start. I registered with OBX wedding association online, and from there I have planned my entire wedding from my iPhone using the amazing vendors and iPhone apps, since I am on bed rest after surgery. Cypress House Inn offered me a phenomenal rate for hosting my cake cutting, toast, and mini reception. We made an awesome playlist on grooveshark and have bluetooth speakers for ceremony and reception music. We are bringing our Keurig with 5 choices of coffee, tea, and cocoa, and a dispenser with premixed strawberry lemonade.

We are having a sunset ceremony of 25 guests of family, no wedding party, on the beach just across the street from the Inn. The Twisted Pearl was able to order the flowers I wanted just in time, and design the alter on the beach. We Love cupcakes and Carolina Cupcakery, but after reading reviews from the OBX wedding expo, decided on Just Desserts. David Tuterra loved their cake! I wanted a traditional cake cutting, even if it is a little pricey, but seeing the beach design sold me, the cake cutting photos are going to be amazing. Stuffing a cupcake in my mouth is never attractive! Lol we always have cupcakes, so it will feel special to have our own cake.

We are not traditional and we LOVE pirates, so Pamlico Jacks is hosting our before the ceremony dinner reception. They waived some of the fees and offered the sunset loft for being military and having a small group. The photographers at Shooters at the Beach have beautiful artistic wedding and beach photos online and were very easy to setup some great deals.

my Soon to be hubby got a Nautica white linen suit from Macy's, I found my dress in 35 minutes from Maya Couture in Norfolk, where they listened to exactly what I needed, petite Marilyn Monroe type for a beach ceremony. I own my pearls and jewelry, from my great grandmother. My veil is something borrowed from my friend, at her wedding I caught her bouquet and she can't make it to ours. Our grandparents are all staying at the Cypress House, and I found a great 3 day weekend 3 room deal at the Red Roof Inn in Chesapeake, Va, which is on the drive down to OBX from my house.

Our families are coming from IN, NC, and MS, so we planned a beach day and pizza party welcome dinner the night before, and spa morning with brunch before we drive the hour and half to OBX. We all have to drive back for military duties the next morning so dinner and drinks before the ceremony and cake and coffee after are perfect. I bought my Soon to be hubby a fancy dive watch for his wedding gift, and I splurged a bit on all new MAC makeup at macy's, but Every female in my family is a hairdresser, so we have that covered, and a dear friend is a Pastor, so that was easy. We had to drive the 30 min to Currituck to get our wedding license, but it's good anywhere in the state for 60 days. we celebrated with Sonic milkshakes on the drive home!

We had our wedding rings custom made at Jared, as soon as we got engaged, phenomenal job! I got the super cute flip flop bottle openers for favors, and a vintage 16x20 frame with photo mat for guest book option. We got a vintage beachy candle box for guests to put cards in. I sent STD text photos and called everyone personally, then sent personalized Apple cards from my iPhone for invitations, they look great and create, stamp, and mail them for you!

I used the Knot app for all my planning, uploaded pics, and researched everything. The vendor recommendations on the OBX forum are so helpful! So fully planned wedding, under 10k, in 2 weeks. I can't wait to marry my best friend! Thanks to OBWA and the Knot!

Re: Wedding planning from start to finish in 2 weeks!

• Wow! That's beyond impressive!! Congrats to you and your soon-to-be. And on behalf of my family to yours, thank you and your soon-to-be-mr for your service. :)
  • That is pretty awesome!  (I moved everything into paragraphs so it was easier to read:)

Congrats to you and yours :)))

• Are you kidding?!  That's amazing!  Sounds like you're getting everything you want!  Congratulations :)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards