Wedding Etiquette Forum

A Mandidlyandypants Pole

Because she needs entertaining I believe. Halp me out E'eners?

What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch)?

What's your go-to liquor-type?

What's your favourite television show that is currently on right now (there can be no Friends or SATC or ER here)?

If someone gave you a pet turtle, what would you name it?

You're making a gourmet hamburger, what do you put on it?

Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it?

Re: A Mandidlyandypants Pole

• What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch)Necklaces.  Even though I rarely wear them myself, I always notice other people's. 

What's your go-to liquor-type?  Beer, I guess, but I haven't had one in a couple of months now. 

What's your favourite television show that is currently on right now (there can be no Friends or SATC or ER here)The Daily Show

If someone gave you a pet turtle, what would you name it?  Walter

You're making a gourmet hamburger, what do you put on it?  Oooh.  I just had one the other day that had roasted garlic (the kind you can squeeze out onto the bun), bleu cheese, and mayonnaise.  Heaven.

Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it?  Not really. 
  • This is like the 4th time I've seen the word brooch around here today.  WTF?
  • Or.  More appropriate for here (quote)

"Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind."— (Terry Pratchett)

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • HAI!

What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch)? bracelet.  or necklace.  i almost never wear earrings because i'm allergic to everything.  i love fashion jewelery. 

What's your go-to liquor-type? vodka, shiraz.

What's your favourite television show that is currently on right now (there can be no Friends or SATC or ER here)? Criminal Minds, Big Bang Theory, The Office

If someone gave you a pet turtle, what would you name it? Murtle.  Nah, I'm kidding.  I would name it Amigo.

You're making a gourmet hamburger, what do you put on it? Well I am a plain girl.  Generally just cheese.  But, my new favourite is hummous, bruschetta, cheese, lettuce, onion.  So good.  There's a vietnamese style burger I want to try with pickled carrots, onion, lettuce, cilantro and hot sauce.

Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it? "You can go fuuuck your hat... and then?  FUUUCK your hat!"  I also enjoy saying, "I'm going to lose my FAYE-CE!"  Oh and I like saying, "No, senor.  No." (i shake my head slowly while i say it - it's off of family guy i think... Mike and I say it to each other all the time)

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch)necklace

What's your go-to liquor-type?  the none-kind

What's your favourite television show that is currently on right now (there can be no Friends or SATC or ER here)Modern Family

If someone gave you a pet turtle, what would you name it?  Jeffrey

You're making a gourmet hamburger, what do you put on it?  same thing I would put on a non-gourmet hamburger...ketchup, pickles, lettuce & mustard

Do you have a favourite quote? Gawd, I used to have pages of stupid quotes typed out when I was in high school  If so, what is it?  I can't think of one that sticks out right now.  I do have a fortune cookie thing taped to my computer that says "Storms make oaks take deeper root" from the only time I got Chinese at work, though.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Or, more appropriate for these parts (quote)

"Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind."— (Terry Pratchett)

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • In Response to A Mandidlyandypants Pole:

What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch) ?
    Earrings. I love earrings.

Rum.

What's your favourite television show that is currently on right now (there can be no Friends or SATC or ER here) ?
    NCIS.

Dmitri.

Really, really good cheese. Garlic aoli. Caramelized onions.

"So that happened." Which makes no sense at all out of context. 

• I'll play.

1. Necklaces. The bigger the better.
    2. Rum
    3. 30 Rock. I want Tina Fey to be my best friend.
    4. Mr. Bojangles.
    5. Cheese. all cheese.
    6. "I'm the nicest goddamn dame that ever lived." -Bette Davis
  • What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch)?Necklace, with bracelet in a very close second.

What's your go-to liquor-type?Rum. Preferably coconut rum, but anything but spiced.

What's your favourite television show that is currently on right now (there can be no Friends or SATC or ER here)?Bones. (and I'm a nerd and have read all the books by the lady that inspired the show)

If someone gave you a pet turtle, what would you name it? Sheldon

You're making a gourmet hamburger, what do you put on it? I don't really do gourmet, but I would like some bacon and cheddar please.

Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it? Yes, I do!
    "That it will never come again, Is what makes life so sweet" -Emily Dickinson
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch)Right now it's earrings.  It changes from time to time.

What's your go-to liquor-type?  I'm a beer drinker now.  But it used to be Captain.

What's your favourite television show that is currently on right now(there can be no Friends or SATC or ER here)Family Guy, NCIS and It's always Sunny (Sorry I can't pick one!)

If someone gave you a pet turtle, what would you name it?  Donatello

You're making a gourmet hamburger, what do you put on it?  Err. spices?  My H usually cooks. 

Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it?  If I do, they're movie quotes. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch)? earrings

What's your go-to liquor-type? tequila! anything involving tequila and citrus, I'm down.

What's your favourite television show that is currently on right now (there can be no Friends or SATC or ER here)? The Mentalist (even though I'm a whole season behind). And (of course) Mythbusters.

If someone gave you a pet turtle, what would you name it? Felix. No idea why, just popped into my head

You're making a gourmet hamburger, what do you put on it? lettuce, tomato, ketchup, and onions. Nothing wrong with the classics ;)

Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it?  I'm a quote fiend, so I have a lot of favorites. "Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones, just as the wind blows out a candle and fans a fire." (La Rochefoucauld) is one.
    Also: "Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch)? Bracelets.

What's your go-to liquor-type? Whiskey or Rye. I really am an old man on the inside.

What's your favourite television show that is currently on right now (there can be no Friends or SATC or ER here)? Vampire Diaries.

If someone gave you a pet turtle, what would you name it? Franklin.

You're making a gourmet hamburger, what do you put on it? Organic ketchup, caramelized onions, maple bacon and dijon mustard. It's my thing.

Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it? I have two.  One is All that is gold does not glitter - JRR Tolkien and the other is For where thou art, there is the world itself, and where thou art not, desolation - Shakespeare (Henry VI).
  • Oh a quote quote.

"Home is wherever I am with you."

"Where there is love, there is life."

"Keep calm and carry on." 

Oh and my favourite I saw on a bumper sticker, something along the lines of "healthy people are going to feel stupid one day.  laying in hospitals dying of nothing."

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • In Response to Re: A Mandidlyandypants Pole:
    [QUOTE"No, senor.  No." (i shake my head slowly while i say it - it's off of family guy i think... Mike and I say it to each other all the time)
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

The maid on Family Guy?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mandidlyandypants-pole?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:832ed2a6-82b9-4cc9-b81e-9ae9254ae0faPost:f930aa42-ac6a-4e76-a483-eaaa0081d28b">Re: A Mandidlyandypants Pole</a>:
    [QUOTE]HA  Oh and I like saying, "No, senor.  No." (i shake my head slowly while i say it - it's off of family guy i think... Mike and I say it to each other all the time)

Yess! We do this all the time.  It's the cleaning lady. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• OH AND DUH.  TRUE BLOOD.  MY ANSWER IS TRUE BLOOD AND ONLY TRUE BLOOD.

OH MY GOD, I'M THE WORST FAN EVAR!!!

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • edited September 2010
    What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch)? bracelet

rum

What's your favourite television show that is currently on right now (there can be no Friends or SATC or ER here)?
    the Office, Mad Men, Top Chef (even though it's not technically on right this minute)

Harry

mushrooms and blue cheese.  That doesn't sound terribly gourmet, though

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the stupid ones you did do." - Mark Twain
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mandidlyandypants-pole?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:832ed2a6-82b9-4cc9-b81e-9ae9254ae0faPost:0d1fea61-961f-409d-a967-1e1f272fce72">Re: A Mandidlyandypants Pole</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh a quote quote.

I heart you.
  • yes, the cleaning lady.  i don't watch family guy very much anymore.  but, some of their one liners are awesome and make their way into my everyday conversation.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Embarassed

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch)? I don't wear much these days, but I used to make lots of necklaces and earrings.

What's your go-to liquor-type? I'm a big wino, currently going through a chardonnay thing and a zin thing.

What's your favourite television show that is currently on right now (there can be no Friends or SATC or ER here)? Dexter. And Criminal Minds.

If someone gave you a pet turtle, what would you name it? Turtles don't make good pets. I'd name it "I'm putting you back in the canal."

You're making a gourmet hamburger, what do you put on it? Bacon and guacamole.

Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it? Well, that covers a lot of ground. Say, you cover a lot of ground yourself. You better beat it - I hear they're going to tear you down and put up an office building where you're standing. You can leave in a taxi. If you can't get a taxi, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff. You know, you haven't stopped talking since I came here? You must have been vaccinated with a phonograph needle.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch)?
    I like big rings. And funky necklaces.

I'm a beer girl. 

What's your favourite television show that is currently on right now (there can be no Friends or SATC or ER here)?
    America's Next Top Model. Usually True Blood, but it's not in season right now.

I wouldn't accept a pet turtle. H is freaked out by them.

I don't eat hamburgers.

I really don't have one.
  • My favorite burger toppings are avocado, carmelized onions and blue cheese.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Because she needs entertaining I believe. Halp me out E'eners?

What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch)?
    -Earrings

-Wine

-Dexter

-Captain Jack

-not sure...what makes a hamburger gourmet? 

-"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
  • What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch)?  rings

What's your go-to liquor-type?  rum (with coke)

What's your favourite television show that is currently on right now (there can be no Friends or SATC or ER here)? the office

If someone gave you a pet turtle, what would you name it?  boogie

You're making a gourmet hamburger, what do you put on it? feta cheese, caramelized onions, and bacon

Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it? "poking leads to stabbing"
    Photobucket
  • What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch)? Bracelet or earrings.

What's your go-to liquor-type? Vodka.

What's your favourite television show that is currently on right now (there can be no Friends or SATC or ER here)? Gossip Girl.

If someone gave you a pet turtle, what would you name it? Yoshi. My roommate in college actually had a pet turtle named Yoshi.

You're making a gourmet hamburger, what do you put on it? Sauteed mushrooms, a bit of caramelized onion, and swiss.

Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it? It's corny, but I like this one from SATC just because I can relate: "Maybe our mistakes are what shape our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Maybe if we had never veered off course we wouldn't fall in love, have babies or be who we are. After all, things change, so do cities. People come into our lives and go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart, and, if you're very lucky, just a plane ride away."
  • This thread is making me want hamburgers.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • What's your favourite type of jewelry (earring, necklace, bracelet, brooch)? Earrings...I never leave home without some on

What's your go-to liquor-type? Sangria (at least at this moment)

What's your favourite television show that is currently on right now (there can be no Friends or SATC or ER here)? No ER??? *tears*    Grey's Anatomy

If someone gave you a pet turtle, what would you name it? Moe

You're making a gourmet hamburger, what do you put on it? Cheese, jalepenos, pico de gayo, mayo, ketchup and mustard. Fuddrucker's, anyone??

Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it? Let grown folks be grown folks. Have at it!!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mandidlyandypants-pole?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:832ed2a6-82b9-4cc9-b81e-9ae9254ae0faPost:46bcde5e-0386-42fb-8fd9-b5aa507b6456">Re: A Mandidlyandypants Pole</a>:
    [QUOTE]This thread is making me want hamburgers.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

Me too and I said I was going to stay away from them until after the wedding.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • mandy - what is "pounding sand"?
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards