Connecticut

NWR: things to do in Philli?

so a coworker and i are heading to philli at the end of the week for a conference, but we'll have 2 nights on our own down there.  anyone know of good restaurants/bars?  i haven't been there since i was probably 14 and on a high school trip lol.  TIA!

Re: NWR: things to do in Philli?

• edited December 2011
    cheesesteaks!!!

there are supposed to be two really good place across the street from each other like mens names, have no idea but from what FI said they are awesome.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I went to college right outside Philly so have a lot of places in mind!

Pat's and Geno's are the two cheesesteak places right across from eachother.. Pat's is a bit more popular, but both are good! Watch out for long lines at 2am.. they are open 24 hours and are the most popular drunk food in the city!
    Other places that are good for cheesesteaks are Jim's on South Street...

South Street is a great place to head to walk around-- lots of quirky shops/bars...
    Center City also has a great scene, as does Old City (near the water/Penn's Landing).

My FAV restaurant in the city is Alma de Cuba. AMAZING mojitos and awesome atmosphere. A little pricy but totally worth it.. can go for a pre-dinner drink. 16th and Walnut, I believe, so if you are staying in Center City it will be walking distance.

I can go on and on... if you have any specific type of restaurants/bars you are looking for, let me know and I can give more suggestions!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~~ BFP 5/9/12 EDD 1/18/13 ~~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    LOL Yesss I love Pats. Got yelled at there because we had nooo clue how to order, so read the rules before you order. And then you have to go run up the steps of the Museum of Art because it's so corny and fun if you didn't do that in HS.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh man drunk cheesesteaks at 2am sounds amazing!!!  hahaha i am THERE.

and you said the magic word...mojito!  our firm is buying our dinners, so i think the point is to go to a pricey place :)  im pretty sure it mentioned that place on our hotel's website as being near, but i'm not sure.  we're staying at the Loews...but i dont know philli at ALL so it could be miles away haha

thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011

I love Pat's cheesesteak!

• edited December 2011

Starrbuk- I know the Loew's is in Center City, so you won't be too far from Alma :)

Have fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~~ BFP 5/9/12 EDD 1/18/13 ~~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mmmmm excellent :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards