Destination Weddings Discussions

Worst/ Best...not really WR, but fun...

Nsatalie had us do this over on ND, and I though it would be fun to bring over here for ya ladies. Sooo...

Besides meeting FI (or DH) what is the best decison /worst desision you ever made...?

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

Re: Worst/ Best...not really WR, but fun...

• Im not gonna get to creative on this, Im practially in labor here, so my brain isn't working so well,I'm just gonna summarize what I wrote on ND but for me:

The Best was:
    Not moving in with a friend which started a chain of events that I feel like lead me to meeting DH, and buying the only pair of shoes I can fit in right now... a pair of prada flats...
     the worst was:
    I don't have any regrets, hopefully I'll learn from my mistakes, and having bangs.. no more bangs for krissie, ever...

• ohhh and I really can't spell, sorry *Natalie*

• Best:
    Wow, I can think of so many decisions I am so happy with. I'm going to go with choosing to attend UW-Madison which led me to met my BFFs and FI.

Worst:
    I agree, you need to learn from your mistakes. But, I'd say a lot of mistakes I've made have brought me to where I am today for one reason or another.
    So, I'm going to go with eating cake and icecream 3 days last week. Bad choice... my wedding dress is not going to like me if I don't shape up! 
    Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
    Planning Bio My Blog
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_worst-bestnot-really-wr-but-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:d78e35c1-8551-4bb4-bdf5-e60b94aea0f0Post:46fee01d-8118-45cc-8b35-d7961f86d3fc">Re: Worst/ Best...not really WR, but fun...</a>:
    [QUOTE]the worst was: I don't have any regrets, hopefully I'll learn from my mistakes, and having bangs.. no more bangs for krissie, ever ...
    Posted by MissMex[/QUOTE]

This made me giggle. We want pictures. :) P.S. OMG you're baby girl is going to be in here soon! CONGRATS!
    Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
    Planning Bio My Blog
  • This is a good one Krissie.

The Best ~ in all honestly, was to get out of (literally walk away from) an abusive marriage to an alcoholic)  It took me a long time to realize that it was not only unhealthy for me, but even more so for the kiddos.  Not that the children were ever physically abused, but emotionally they were.  Sometimes it's hard to walk away from having EVERYTHING you could possibly want and have materialistic wise, but in the long run, your happiness and that of your kiddo's are whats the MOST important thing!

The Worst ~ Hmmm... the worst decision I've ever made was... Um.... let's see.... oh...when I accepted a job offer from a company who painted the picture that the grass was greener on the other side when I was otherwise perfectly content at the company that I left.  But as Krissie and Meghan both said above....we all learn from our mistakes. 

Cool
  • This is a really hard question.

I think the best is my decision to go to law school at UCONN- I had applied only to make my sister who lived in NH happy (since I was in VA near my other sister at the time), but went b/c they gave me a scholarship.  I had the BEST law school experience, met wonderful people and actually knew my professors.  While it made it harder for me to find a job in DC since I was so far away, it was one of the best decisions I have made.

Worst - not sure. I have made many mistakes in life, but I really try not to dwell on them and learn from them.  But there are probably some relationships I never should have entered or continued in for as long as I did. 
  • The best decision I've ever made outside of dating my fiance is that I bought a house of my own when I was young. It taught me to be independent, to manage my money, and to sacrifice what I "wanted" for what I needed.

The worst....after thinking long and hard on this, was not spending more time with my grandparents before they all passed. I was a teenager/early twenties when they all passed on and I took for granted that I would always have them around. Now I'm getting married in 2 months and none of them are still alive to be there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards