Connecticut

The Waterview- the good, the bad, and the ugly

So my FI are really close to booking The Waterview in Monroe and had only heard good things until today- my FI's aunt just emailed me and said one of her coworkers went to a wedding there and wasn't impressed with the attention to detail- has anyone been to a wedding there- if so, please let me know what you thought!

Thanks for your help!!!

Re: The Waterview- the good, the bad, and the ugly

• kcmendencekcmendence member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding there and I am also having my wedding there! I absolutely love it there, and they do suck a great job with weddings... the food is also phenomenal
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Attention to detail can also be very subjective...always trust YOUR gut.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! 172 invitedimage 149 accepted!image 23 can't make itimage
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was at a wedding there over the summer.  the only thing i noticed as a guest that didn't sit right with me was that it was obvious there were 2 weddings going on at the same time.  it was really nice other than that though.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married there. I went there for my friend's wedding in 06' and thought the service was awesome and foods were great. Also two of my old coworkers got married there and raved about the Waterview. I think when it comes to service and food, it's very subjective. You are always going to have people that are unhappy so do what anaeser1 said and follow your gut. 
  • kebart06kebart06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married there this summer and I thought the place was beautiful but the food left alot to be desired.  I ordered a chicken dish and when it came I realized it was just one of those chicken footballs you buy in the freezer section at the grocery store.  My fiance had a steak dish that looked like it was fresh cut from the cow, and he asked for medium well.  Thank goodness dessert was good.

I know they don't do formal tastings, but I would definitely take advantage of taking home some food from an event there to try and make sure you like it.
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to 3 weddings there. One of them was wonderful but the bride and groom went all out and had quite an expensive wedding.  The other 2 were your standard wedding.  I will say that the divider screens they used to seperate everything were a little tacky.  It was also a little nutty with the multiple weddings and trying to figure out where to go.  The food is normal wedding food, unless you add the upgrades. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got married there in May and have nothing but good things to say! They were great with getting back to me when I had questions, and they were very organized. As pp said, attention to detail is very subjective. I had many little pieces and DIY that needed to be set up and everything was in the exact spot I wanted it.

Guests raved about the food, I have heard something good about each app and entree we chose. The cake was beautiful and delicious.

One thing I will say, though...make sure your guests know which side you are getting married on. We had a 11:30 ceremony, but there was an 11:00 ceremony happening on the other side. A lot of my guests thought we started early and basically crashed the other ceremony by accident!!

If you have any specific questions, page me or PM me!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I ditto most of what melbabes said.  I was a Waterview bride, and I have nothing but good things to say.  I heard good things about the food, and I loved everything I tried.  My coordinator was really good about making sure all of my requests, down to the smallest detail, were taken care of.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been there, but am very excited to go to a wedding there in a few weeks. I've only heard great things about The Waterview. 
  • edited December 2011
    There will always be people who find something wrong with your venue, but don't let them get to you. It's your day and if you dreamed of having your wedding there, then I say go for it! I just started planning recently and have already learned that people love to give their opinions about everything. It's your day...have it where you can picture yourself getting married!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Laurensara18Laurensara18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I think I need to get some tougher skin- my gut tells me that I really have a good feeling about that Waterview, so I think we're going to go for it! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I was a Candlewood Inn bride but live in Monroe and have been to several weddings at the Waterview.  I would say overall, it is nice - the food and service are good and the chandeliers in the rooms are AMAZING. 

However, I don't think it has great curb appeal.  The outside of the building from the front is kind of antiseptic looking and you have to drive under some ugly power lines to get in there.  It also has multiple weddings which is not my personal preference.  I also think the dance floor is oddly placed in both rooms and not particularly inviting.  But these are just my opinions ... 
    Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards