Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

• MK -- Huh. Well at least the minor bright side is that you can earn them over time, though that is a really long ass time to wait! That sucks.

Angel --- Yeah, it is time consuming but I enjoy it. I am learning as I research, and since I'm taking Family Law right now, all of my research for my internship has helped me with that class (its with a family law firm). I really don't mind researching at all. It takes forever to make sure you've looked in every nook and cranny though.

• angel I guess I can't complain too much then.
  • I know, right, Musu! Eep!

A- I'm ready! No smelling candy-poop diapers.  Thank god.  I'm hoping I can just sit there and talk to people without any awkward games. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• It's usually melted candy bars.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:29a01b85-2a73-45b8-ab7b-c56a6363ab38">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]MK -- Huh. Well at least the minor bright side is that you can earn them over time, though that is a really long ass time to wait! That sucks. Angel --- Yeah, it is time consuming but I enjoy it. I am learning as I research, and since I'm taking Family Law right now, all of my research for my internship has helped me with that class (its with a family law firm). I really don't mind researching at all. It takes forever to make sure you've looked in every nook and cranny though.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

That's good that you enjoy it, at least. FI took Family Law last semester and he liked it a lot more than he thought he would.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah LTB I don't start earning them until after my first 90 days, which is after May 27th. I thought I'd at least get Memorial Day off to get a little break. Nope. Not happening. It's so dumb working holidays too. No one else is working. It's not like you get any work done usually.
  • Oh, ok, I see what you mean MK. That really sucks then. I thought my PTO sucked at the bank but we had most major holidays off since it was a bank.

J called me, convinced that he saw a Canada lynx while driving today (He lives about 2.5 hours south of the Canadian border). Apparently they can appear up there sometimes. He was way pumped about it which I found hilarious.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:220a6521-d7f6-4519-a288-8271ab0db546">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, ok, I see what you mean MK. That really sucks then. I thought my PTO sucked at the bank but we had most major holidays off since it was a bank. J called me, convinced that he saw a Canada lynx while driving today (He lives about 2.5 hours south of the Canadian border). Apparently they can appear up there sometimes. He was way pumped about it which I found hilarious.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha I get way pumped when I see wild animals here too! Lately there's been a red fox that chills in the downtown area. He's pretty cute. I've named him Todd. </div>
  • As soon as my phone finishes uploading you are going to have some hilarious pictures.  Poor Sadie.  She's probably mad at me now for laughing so hard.  I was crying.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Adamar what are you doing to your dog?  Poor girl. :P

• I'm reading STFU Parents. God that site cracks me up and has me shaking my head thinking, "There can't possibly be this many stupid people in the world."
  • Hey has anyone ever had Red Robin before?  We usually do fast food on Wednesdays, but I have to work late that night, so we are thinking of trying RR tomorrow.  Is it any good?
  • I love STFU Parents, MK. I've submitted a few times but she's never used any of it. I told my mom about that site and how glad I am that social media did not exist when I was little. I trust that my mom is sane enough not to be like that, but still, I'm glad FB didn't exist.
  • Hey ladies.  

I'm a huge fan of Red Robin.  That's the first place H always wants to go when gets home from deployments.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • As most of you know, Sadie is albino so she has super light blue eyes and has a hard time seeing in the bright sun.  Well, my mom finally bought her goggles like she's been saying she was going to: 

It took me a good minute to be able to take pictures because I was laughing so hard I couldn't hold the phone still.  

• I like Red Robin. I usually get the Bonzai burger... and they have bottomless steak fries, which is cool.
  • Omg Adamar that's too cute! I love that they're pink! She's stylin. 
  • Oh my goodness, Adamar. I've never seen a picture of Sadie before! SHE IS SO ADORABLE. <3 I want her. What a sweetheart.
  • Panda took me to Red Robin while I was in DC.  We don't have one close by (that I know of).  But it was OK.  Nothing special, but then again I only got a cheeseburger.

Aw, look at Sadie with her goggles on.  She's like "WTF, Mom."

• Red Robin. Yuuuummmm!

(Now you're all singing it aren't you?)

MuSu I'm just amazed at the audacity of some of the things parents put on there. Mainly the momjackings, Those ones really make me do a little o_0. I sometimes wish someone would mommjack a status update of mine. See what happens. Crazy fools thinking everything is about their kid.
  • Adamar - She looks adorable. Hopefully they'll help her see in the sun. My dog wouldn't be having them, he'd be pawing at them until he got them off... and then he'd chew them to bits, for good measure.
  • She looked so ashamed.  See, this is why I should definitely never have kids.  I'll put them in ridiculous things and make fun of them on the internet.  My kids would have the worst self esteem ever.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:bfb030a0-e533-4f96-97c4-e2d75091b913">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]MuSu I get PTO, I don't get holidays. Usually you don't have to use PTO to take a holiday. Everyone's off. That's why it's a holiday. If you worked the holiday you got double pay. So now to eliminate double pay, the whole company just stopped having holidays and if I want Christmas off I have to use one of my vacation days.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

<div>Wait WHAT?  I thought it was bad when my mom started her new job (she was laid off for close to 2 years) and only got 5 days PTO for the first two years.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:c1828637-dc37-42f0-a51c-93f6c8060791">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Red Robin. Yuuuummmm! (Now you're all singing it aren't you?) MuSu I'm just amazed at the audacity of some of the things parents put on there. Mainly the momjackings, Those ones really make me do a little o_0. I sometimes wish someone would mommjack a status update of mine. See what happens. Crazy fools thinking everything is about their kid.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

Mommyjacking is hilariously aggravating. I hope my life does not revolve around my child to intensely that I cannot make any commet to anyone without reference to my child. I mean, I probably do this with Tory, but I don't think I'll love a human more than my dog. ;)
  • Oh she definitely kept trying to paw them off, Angel.  Maybe if she had them on out in the sun and realized she could see better she might keep them on.  I doubt it though.  She's not very bright.

• OK thanks ladies....we will give it a whirl.  It is right next to the store we go to every week so we shall see how it goes.

Ad: omg the pink goggles on her look so cute/funny.  Awesome!
  • Is she your doberman, Adamar? I can't tell for sure from the photo if that is what she is. Are there any other special needs that she has, for being albino? I don't think I've ever seen an albino dog before.
  • Loopy that was pretty much my reaction. I kept telling the coworker who was telling me this to shut up, a la Regina in Mean Girls style, and made another coworker come over and tell me she was telling the truth.

My boss kept asking if I was going to quit because of this. Heck no, I love my job, but if I had known this was the case I would have asked for more money.
  • I only get two days of PTO per year.  Although with this overhaul of administration, you bet your butts I will be renegotiating for next year.  I have come to school on days I really shouldn't because I'm scared to use my last day in case there's another day I need even more.
  • Yep, she's the dobie.  She can't stay out in the sun too long since she's so light, her skin gets irritated easily, and she's on meds because she dribbles at night without it.  We've got a diaper (like what you use when they're in heat) ready for when the medicine stops working.  Shea got her before I knew him.  He thought "oh neat dog" instead of "hello genetic mutation."  She's really sweet though.  She's a typical doberman.  She wants to be as close to us as possible at all times, and god forbid we are separate rooms of the house.  She likes us all together.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards