Catholic Weddings

Can u have catholic ceremony on Saturday evening after 4:30 mass?

Does anyone know if u can have a ceremony in a catholic church on a Saturday evening if the church as a 4:30 Saturday mass?

Re: Can u have catholic ceremony on Saturday evening after 4:30 mass?

• edited December 2011
    Depends on the parish.  My parish has weddings at 2:00 or 7:30 on Saturdays.
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    The parish we were married in did not allow it. But like pp said, it depends on the parish/priest.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto others. We had a 7pm option, but wedding times are totally parish-specific.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It completely depends on the parish. My parish has 4:00 Mass on Saturdays and does weddings at 5:30.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I think my parish allows them at 6 or 6:30, but you basically have NO time to be in the church to set up or anything, cuz you have to wait for everyone to be gone from the church after Mass, like 5:45 or so.
    Anniversary
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    possible, but then you are eating dinner awfully late if you figure an hour or so for the ceremony and then if you do pics after.  doing pics before would shorten the wait for dinner, but many dont want to do that.
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

In my church you can and last Saturday, I saw a wedding starting at St. Patrick's Cathedral at 7:00.

I've attended two weddings in a suburb of Boston at 7:00 during the summer.  The couples both had their receptions at the Seaport so they wanted it late to show off the fabulous views

• csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours had a Mass at 4:00 and we had our wedding at 6:00.
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    my church didn't allow it, but some others might. just talk to your church.
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards