Registry and Gift Forum

Calphalon vs Circulon

Do any of you ladies have an opinion of Calphalon vs Circulon? I'm looking at a roaster to add to the registry and the price of the Circulon is $70 and the Calphalon is $150. I'm wondering what is so great about the Calphalon, or so terrible about the Circulon, that makes this price gap so great. Any thoughts?

Re: Calphalon vs Circulon

• Calphalon has a better non-stick system and will hold up much better. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually have Circulon and I love them! I just happened to get 2 frying pan set and I loved it so I got a complete set. I don't think you would go wrong with getting Circulon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011

Calphalon definitely. I know Calphalon has a lifetime warranty (or all their lines but Simply Calphalon do...and i think that is a 10 year warranty) I dont know if Circulon does

• I registered for Calphalon pans (but hate their utensils, most of those are oxo good I chose)..I LOVE faberware stainless steel but BB&B did not have the type I like (I own a set from a few years back but would like a brand new set to start our new home with)...not familiar with Circulon at all!!!
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • I prefer Calphalon, as far as materials, but I REALLY don't like the handles on their roasters.  Go to the store to feel them.  The materials in Circulon are just fine, and most people don't use a roaster pan ALL the time anyway, so find one that you're comfortable lifting with 10-15 pounds in it, and something durable.  We actually registered for the "my perfect kitchen" (made by Oneida) stainless steel roaster pan which is only $30 at BB&B.  That's just me though, so do what works best for you!!
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Calphalon is better quality...and the customer service from their 800 number is fantastic!
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker http://hannahandalec.weebly.com/ My Planning Bio-Updated 9/18
  • How often are you going to use it?  If you only think you'll use it twice a year for holidays, then get the Circulon or an even cheaper one.  I have a hard time justifying $150 (or even $70) for a pan that would get used so rarely.  We bought an even cheaper roasting pan that was only $50 and it is really nice.

In general I prefer Calphalon for my pans I use every day.  But for a roaster, I would go with cheaper.  If a guest is generous enough to spend $150 on a gift for us, I'd rather they spend on something that I"d use more often.  And I'd probably never pay that much on my own.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards