Wedding Etiquette Forum

What, no good morning thread?

2»

Re: What, no good morning thread?

• Good morning everyone!

Arb, congratulations on your new niece or nephew, and I'm really sorry to hear about the fire.  I hope everything works out for them. 

I am totally giddy--I'm interviewing Meb Keflizighi next week at a half marathon expo!  (He's an Olympic silver medal marathoner and winner of the 2009 NYC Marathon, for non-running folks.)  I'm super excited--he's reportedly a really nice guy, and has an awesome comeback story.  Eee!
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Hopefully the owners of the house will help in some way.

That is a headache in and of itself.  The house was the parsonage of the church.  They were living there for free in exchange for helping out at the church.  Apparently they have decided that my sister wasn't doing enough to live there, and have completely turned their backs on them throughout all this, so even if they don't level the house, I doubt they will let them back in once it's rebuilt.  I already had issues with her church because of the fact that they pushed her into getting married, as well as married her without any of her family present, and this has kind of set me over the edge.

Georgia, they have spent most weekdays at my parents and weekends at sister's MIL's house. 
  • Arbs did you ever get to sleep last night? Or are you still awake?
    I laid down somewhere around 2 AM and I think I fell asleep around 3, then up at 7:30 for work.  I'm functioing pretty well all things considered. Though it is very helpful that my boss isn't here today, and won't be back until Tuesday, so I'm not feeling the pressure to accomplish much at work.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e178d91a-9a4f-42e6-8639-d00c9494fbdaPost:1e96d548-3c40-4f0e-a0b7-364c1f2fca44">Re: What, no good morning thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hopefully the owners of the house will help in some way. That is a headache in and of itself.  The house was the parsonage of the church.  They were living there for free in exchange for helping out at the church.  Apparently they have decided that my sister wasn't doing enough to live there, and have completely turned their backs on them throughout all this, so even if they don't level the house, I doubt they will let them back in once it's rebuilt.  I already had issues with her church because of the fact that they pushed her into getting married, as well as married her without any of her family present, and this has kind of set me over the edge. 
    Posted by arbolita[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>So, they're really big on this whole Christian forgiveness and helping thing, eh?

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e178d91a-9a4f-42e6-8639-d00c9494fbdaPost:1e96d548-3c40-4f0e-a0b7-364c1f2fca44">Re: What, no good morning thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hopefully the owners of the house will help in some way. That is a headache in and of itself.  The house was the parsonage of the church.  They were living there for free in exchange for helping out at the church.  Apparently they have decided that my sister wasn't doing enough to live there, and have completely turned their backs on them throughout all this, so even if they don't level the house, I doubt they will let them back in once it's rebuilt.  I already had issues with her church because of the fact that they pushed her into getting married, as well as married her without any of her family present, and this has kind of set me over the edge. Georgia, they have spent most weekdays at my parents and weekends at sister's MIL's house. 
    Posted by arbolita[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, that's awful. I would expect them to be bending over backwards to help!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e178d91a-9a4f-42e6-8639-d00c9494fbdaPost:1e96d548-3c40-4f0e-a0b7-364c1f2fca44">Re: What, no good morning thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hopefully the owners of the house will help in some way. That is a headache in and of itself.  The house was the parsonage of the church.  They were living there for free in exchange for helping out at the church.  Apparently they have decided that my sister wasn't doing enough to live there, and have completely turned their backs on them throughout all this, so even if they don't level the house, I doubt they will let them back in once it's rebuilt.  I already had issues with her church because of the fact that they pushed her into getting married, as well as married her without any of her family present, and this has kind of set me over the edge. Georgia, they have spent most weekdays at my parents and weekends at sister's MIL's house. 
    Posted by arbolita[/QUOTE]

Daaamn! Is this a church or a cult?? So before hand, eveything was okay and then the house burns and she wasn't doing enough. That really goes to show you that there are horrible people everywhere.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • I was telling someone yesterday that I don't like to say bad things about a house of God, but their actions over the past several years just get me so riled up.  In a way I think them not letting her return to the house might be a good thing because I think she needs to get as far away from them as possible.
  • Good Morning!

Just reading through some of the threads and Arb I know this is a bittersweet moment for you and your family but remember "be strong now, 'cause things will get better. It may be stormy now but it can't rain forever."

P.S. I am not quite sure what is that church's reason for doing what they did but I hope one bad seed didn't ruin it for the rest of Christians out there who are compassionate  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e178d91a-9a4f-42e6-8639-d00c9494fbdaPost:47268de1-6f97-4d27-885e-18884ec343e6">Re: What, no good morning thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What, no good morning thread? : Daaamn! Is this a church or a cult?? So before hand, eveything was okay and then the house burns and she wasn't doing enough. That really goes to show you that there are horrible people everywhere.
    Posted by MISSCOURTNEY20[/QUOTE]

They are currently inbetween pastors, so I think that after their old pastor officially left, a group of people at the church took it on themselves to tell my sister that she wasn't doing enough to stay there.  I don't know all the details of what they were doing, but my sister has been working 2.5 jobs, 7 days a week - she's also a teacher, so even when she's not getting paid to work, she's still grading things and doing lesson plans on her own time and being a parent to a toddler.  So if she wasn't doing more at the chuch, it's probably because she wanted to fit sleep somewhere in her schedule.
  • Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Arb - that's crazy about the church.  Hopefully your sister can see them for who they really are at this point.  My sister and I went with our neighbor to a church once when we were like 12, someone pushed my sister down on the bleachers in the gym and she had to get like 4 stitches.  The church guys carried her out and set her on the sidewalk and told her that she was a sinner and brough the devil to the church and that we couldn't come back.

ETA:  40 stitches - not 4.  It was nasty! 
  • edited July 2010
    Good morning.  I just got back from having breakfast pizza for a birthday at work.  It stormed so bad last night, H and I were up for 2 hours in the basement.  The flooding is so bad in our town right now and it's supposed to rain for the next 2 days with a big event on Sunday.

ETA: I posted this without reading the rest of the thread, but wanted to say congrats to your sister on the new baby and I hope they can get on their feet soon.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards