Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Airbrush Makeup??

Has anyone ever tried airbrush makeup or know someone who has? How did you like it? Were you able to touch it up if needed? Did it look or feel caked on?

I just realized someone else posed about this.. but any tips or opinions are appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Airbrush Makeup??

• I had it for my engagement and bridal pics it's absolutely amazing! No touch up was needed and it lasted all day! The only thing I touch up was my lipstick
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I absolutely loved my airbrush makeup both times I had it.  It provided great coverage while still looking and feeling lightweight and natural.  I did have a very experienced technician, however, that I paid top dollar for.

I always recommend a trial before the wedding if you are considering it.
  • My coworker had it for her wedding and pretty much has me convinced to have it as well.  I think considering the importance of the day, as well as the amount of time, money and energy spent planning for it, you would want to look your absolute best.  I saw her pictures and she looked amazing...she said she was dancing her butt off al night and never sweated anything off..just had to redo the lipstick of course...
    Anniversary
  • I had both done.  Before going, I thought for sure I'd do airbrush.  In the end, I preferred the traditional makeup better.  I just thought it looked more natural and it lasted all day like the airbrush.
  • I think i'm probably going to end up doing airbrush makeup in the end. I'm haivng a trial a few days before the wedding just to make sure. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did airbrush makeup for my wedding, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.  It looked completely natural, and it STAYED.  I cried, I sweat, I even spilled water all over my face, and the stuff didn't move.  I actually had to use cold cream to get it off at the end of the night.

Some people seem to have issues with it, but I'm under the impression it may have more to do with the skill of the technician than the actual makeup.  I'd recommend at least trying it in a trial so you can see it for yourself.
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I was unable to have a trial but I went with the airbrush anyway. I loved it. I got married in Hawaii at 10:00 AM so my MUA came at 7:30 AM. I had a sunset photo shoot at 6:30 PM and only had to reapply my lipstick. I would def get it again for any big day!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Thanks so much everyone! I'm going to schedule a trial! So excited, I hope it works out!

=)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards