Attire & Accessories Forum

Wedding gown post wedding?

I was just wondering how many people actually kept their dress versus sold it versus donated it?

I am considering donating it to Brides Against Breast Cancer but I am also open to other charities you might suggest.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding gown post wedding?

• I planned on keeping mine, but donating it is probably the better choice. First, I want to do a Rock the Dress photography session in it, but I need to find a location here. We moved out of state before I had a chance to do one. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-gown-post-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:e5570066-06da-45e5-b946-bd8c1f7c5620Post:5b9d8761-2636-46d0-90d2-f503f9fcc05a">Re: Wedding gown post wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I planned on keeping mine, but donating it is probably the better choice. First, I want to do a<strong> Rock the Dress photography session</strong> in it, but I need to find a location here. We moved out of state before I had a chance to do one. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

What is that? Is it like a trash the dress?

I love the idea of donating the dress. I never even knew that was an option!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-gown-post-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:e5570066-06da-45e5-b946-bd8c1f7c5620Post:4e89564b-d262-49d2-a7fe-26ab52e7c5b8">Re: Wedding gown post wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding gown post wedding? : What is that? Is it like a trash the dress? I love the idea of donating the dress. I never even knew that was an option!!!
    Posted by cfreesquared[/QUOTE]

<div>It's a photoshoot (correct me if I'm wrong) that you do after the wedding sometime. I believe a year after you're married? And you and your DH take pictures together...or maybe you just have a photoshoot by yourself? Not sure. Something along these lines.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rock the Dress is the same as Trash the Dress, except you don't, you know, destroy the dress. Just wear it again for a photoshoot.

My dress is still hanging in my closet because I want to do another photoshoot with it. After that I want to keep it, because I'm sentimental like that.
  • I was very angry with both my mother and grandmother when I found out they had gotten rid of their wedding dresses long ago--I would say before donating it consider who may want to see it later on in life. However, I think donating is a lovely idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been thinking of making a xmas tree skirt out of mine....  More than a year later, still haven't decided!
    Anniversary
  • I kept mine as i am going to use it again in a party. But i am not sure what to do with it after the party... Laughing I think giving it to others is really a good idea.
  • Husband and I will be doing a trash the dress session after the wedding. We have a very creative photographer so I am really looking forward to it. After that I will have it cleaned and then will consider donating it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards