February 2013 Weddings

I know NOTHING about flowers!!

Hi ladies!!  

What is everyone thinking of doing for flowers/centerpieces? I love the look of Peonies but they are not in season in Feb.  I was thinking of having some tables with candle centerpieces .  Is anyone else doing anything creative or different?

Re: I know NOTHING about flowers!!

• edited February 2012
    Because my family has extensive allergies, we're using fake/silk flowers for everything floral. I'm DIYing the bouquets, corsages, boutineers, and centerpieces (once we settle what we are doing for those). I just ordered my flowers from www.efavormart.com so we'll see how that goes when they get here.

For centerpieces, we're thinking about doing a vase with submerged lilies in hurricane vases with floating candles, tall tealight holders with tulle decorated around the stem on either side of the hurricane, and smaller swirl vases with pillar candles on sand outside of the tealight holders. We have to test this when I go home next time.

Don't know if this helps ya, but that's what Fi and I are planning.

***Edit: I had listed the wrong website. I looked into afloral but I had eventually ordered from eFavorMart

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • If I had control over my centerpieces I would not do flowers...I am definitely all for being creative and different!  Candle centerpieces sound like a great idea! 

Hopeful--that sounds amazing! can't wait to see all of your DIY projects :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_i-know-nothing-about-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:4d05abec-6306-45d9-9e8d-de099dd801fcPost:f9ac0503-d243-43f2-9861-d3ccadca0aa4">Re: I know NOTHING about flowers!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I had control over my centerpieces I would not do flowers...I am definitely all for being creative and different!  Candle centerpieces sound like a great idea!  Hopeful--that sounds amazing! can't wait to see all of your DIY projects :-)
    Posted by Julyet06[/QUOTE]

I didn't want flowers initially either, but Fi did. And I can't wait to get started and to see how it turns out. When I do, I'll be sure to let y'all know.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • The reception venue we picked provides the decorations including centerpieces. I wanted real flowers but compromised with the fake ones they offer. They are still so gorgeous, I dont event think it will make a difference.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • tiger - that is crazy pretty!

I actually picked my date so it'd be far enough away from Valentine's Day that -hopefully- roses won't cost me an arm and a leg.  But they're probably only going to be in bouquets.  Centerpieces will prob. be candles, as long as our venue is cool with it.  My mom already bought etching supplies!  (she's just itching to do SOMETHING for my wedding)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with Amo about how pretty Tiger's centerpiece pic are.
    Amo - Good luck with the roses. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Thanks ya'll. I fell in love the second I saw it!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards