New Jersey
Options

Alterations Bergen or Hudson County / Storing Dress

I bought my dress from Priscilla of Boston, and since they are going out of business I have to find my own alterations. I bought my dress in the NYC store but I live in NJ so rather than dragging the dress back and forth I'd prefer to get it altered in NJ.  I like in Englewood but I will probably leave the dress with my parents in Secaucus. So any seamstress in the area you can recommend, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, since they are going out of business I have to get my dress 3 months early. What's the best way to store the dress for 6 months?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alterations Bergen or Hudson County / Storing Dress

• Options
    edited December 2011
    While I dont have a reco for seamstress -- i had mine done out of state.  As for storage...i had to postpone my wedding 2 months due to hurricane, and the bridal shop that did my alterations pressed and packed my dress (on hanger) in storage bag.  Day before wedding, I took it out of the bag and hung in hotel closet.  On wedding day MOH had a steamer and we steamed out any wrinkles (which were minimal). 

My only reco would be to bring it to a professional day before the wedding for final steam and you should be fine having to store it for a while!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely Susan Perrone Couture in Oradell - she's amazing and such a doll! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks, do you have a phone number or website?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards