Ohio-Cleveland

WEST SIDE IRISH AMERICAN CLUB

has anyone had their wedding or been to a wedding at the West Side Irish American Club in Olmsted Falls? I need some feedback, any feed back. please!

Re: WEST SIDE IRISH AMERICAN CLUB

• starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been there for a wedding reception.  It was a very nice room, albeit not very big (but that depends on what size wedding you're having!).  We all enjoyed the food and the dance floor was a good size.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't been there for a wedding, but we attended a large birthday party there.  The location is beautiful, and the main room is very large! And, there is always plenty of Guinness flowing! 
    :)
  • edited December 2011
    i was there for a wedding in april of this year.  it wasn't very large, but i still thought it was very pretty.  they have a stage, and that's where they put the dj. i liked that a lot.  good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks everyone... if im having a wedding of 200 225 would that be enough room.. they said the room fits 290-300.. but you say it seems small.. let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    You should be fine with 200-225. But it would be really cramped with 290 and a dance floor.  We decided against them knowing that we would have right around 300.

The catering is really good-   their dad owns Red Lantern (but is selling it, he's 80!), they or someone in the family owns the Rockcliffe as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It would be super cramped with 290-300 people!  As for 200-225, you may be okay - it depends on how they would arrange the room.  Would they have people sitting on the dance floor and then remove the tables after dinner (you know... assuming you have a sit down evening reception)?  If so, you have to decide for yourself if that's what you want.  I'm not sure that it would be necessary to have some people sitting on the dance floor, but it's certainly worth looking into.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tine422Tine422 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just there at the end of May for my cousins wedding...I want to say she had about 250, and it was TOO SMALL!!!! There was no room to get around the tables, and 10 to a table was too many. Also, when the food was served it was family style which was fun, but after passing the platters there was no room on the table to set them down. They had to keep 6 tableds set up on the dance floor all night, and the head table was on the dance floor below the stage and they had to take it down to have a dance floor, so the bride and groom no longer had a head table to sit at.
  • kaehaszkaehasz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Irish Heritage Center in Avon Lake! It has been taken over by the catering company Ahern's and both rooms have been refinished within the last couple of years! They are extremely reasonable in price (between 25-35 pp depending  on the different options).  It is beautiful.  Lucy has been wonderful so far.

If you contact them let her know that Kristin Ehasz sent you! She was worried about people not seeing their advertising online :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards