Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Groom's Cake! (Need some brainstorming help!)

Hey ladies-- I'm planning a surprise groom's cake for my FH, and I need some help trying to decide what it will be. 

My FH is a total geek, loves video games, computers, etc.  He wears a hat from his Dad's auto repair shop 24/7 as well as his boots.  He love the three stooges.

I'm having a hard time trying to decide!! I don't want anything too BIG.  Something small, cute, and fun!  I'm really considering getting one done of his hat, but I would like some other options. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 99 Invited!
image 45 Are Psyched!
image 5 Are L0$3RZ
image 49 Are MIA!

Re: Groom's Cake! (Need some brainstorming help!)

• Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about an old school nintendo?
  • Options
    SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the nintendo works well (or his xbox, etc...) and probably wouldn't be too hard to decorate (or at least cut - its just a box-shape) ... same thing goes for a model of his computer, although the video-game console is a little cuter...

What does he do for a living - my FI is a firefighter, so I was thinking his company patch... is his career something he loves to do? 

favorite pro sports team?
  • Options
    JessiTessJessiTess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know your FH best, so if you're thinking the hat, then I encourage you to go with that.  The video game consoles can look cool, but that's also a popular choice for a groom's cake.  A cake of his own hat would be more unique and personal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_grooms-cake-need-brainstorming?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:cdb7329a-7f7a-4312-a81f-f8c1bd8b0028Post:cda9093e-93ba-4cdd-8783-52576013051d">Re: Groom's Cake! (Need some brainstorming help!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know your FH best, so if you're thinking the hat, then I encourage you to go with that.  The video game consoles can look cool, but that's also a popular choice for a groom's cake.  A cake of his own hat would be more unique and personal.
    Posted by JessiTess[/QUOTE]

I agree with JessiTess, you will know your FH best. If your first instinct was the hat, then go with that. My FH is obsessed with a hockey team so I'm going with something related to that to surprise him with.
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards