Wedding Woes

Conn - let's talk about boys

We have hit the point where my usual grocery haul isn't enough for a week anymore.  I am really not looking forward to spending more than I already spend.

This child eats all day long.  I knew it would get this way, but not at 11.

Is the kiddo cleaning out your kitchen too?

Re: Conn - let's talk about boys

• He's not 111, but 6let eats all day right now.  I struggle with healthy and filling snacks.
  • I'm struggling with that, too 6.  He can only eat so many granola bars, you know?  I've been getting him to try more veggies, but he's stubborn and convinced he's going to hate them before he tries them.

Also, 5 people drinking milk in this house is killing me.  I bought 4 gallons on Sunday and we were out yesterday.
  • It depends on the day with him.  More often than not, we eat dinner and he's looking for something else (like bread or a banana or whatever).  He also wants to eat every hour from the time he gets home from school (3), until we eat dinner (between 6 and 7). 

He's not a big breakfast kid during the week, but on the weekends we'll make eggs and he'll want oatmeal or a bowl of cereal too.

His sweet tooth is also ridic.  We don't keep a ton of sweets in the house, but he gets candy for anything (Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day), he hoards it in his room and eats it all.   We find the wrappers all over the place afterward.

DefConn is no slouch in the eating department either.  He puts it away.  He's also a big snacker.  He loves his, "CHHHHEEEESSSEEE!!"  ;)

I'm going to have to take out a second mortgage to feed these kids.  ;)
  • What about peanut butter on celery?  That was always one of my favorite snacks growing up.  It still is, actually.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oh yes, we eat a lot of that, ali.  It is ridiculous how often I have to buy peanut butter.
  • I have to buy peanut butter in the two pack at Sam's because DH will eat 2-3 PB sandwiches a day as snacks.  I wish I had his metabolism.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_conn-lets-talk-about-boys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:a349dfdd-9077-4f97-82df-8b057661cfc9Post:2f841f2a-73a2-4aaa-bd5b-dd33b8a33476">Re: Conn - let's talk about boys</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yes, we eat a lot of that, ali.  It is ridiculous how often I have to buy peanut butter.
    Posted by tawillers[/QUOTE]

Yes!  And bulk natural PB is hard to find.  We have a Sams membership and they have bulk natural PB with flaxseeds in it.  It's OK at first, but by the end of the second jar we get sick of the seeds.
  • I know what you mean.  And it's not cheap.
  • I like pb and celery, but the kids won't eat celery.  They do go for peanuts and raisins and cheese.  I also make smoothies with greek yogurt,  but feel like I need to add something to make it even more filling.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_conn-lets-talk-about-boys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:a349dfdd-9077-4f97-82df-8b057661cfc9Post:81452fbf-2d6f-45a6-a0e9-c1834c15e504">Re: Conn - let's talk about boys</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like pb and celery, but the kids won't eat celery.  They do go for peanuts and raisins and cheese.  I also make smoothies with greek yogurt,  but feel like I need to add something to make it even more filling.
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

Avocado!   I love putting avocado in fruit smoothies.  It's got such a light flavor you can't tell it's in there.
  • Conn, have you checked Amazon for the natural pb?  It seems like they have a variety of brands and you can get them in bulk, or at least a 2 pack of the big jars.
  • I got out of the cado habit, but may need to pick it up again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards