Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Monday Fitness!

I nearly forgot!

We intended to workout yesterday but our errands overwhelmed us!  Tonight, we're working out after "Chuck". 
Breakfast:  bagel from CFA
Lunch will be Chef Boyardee mini-raviolis, some fruit and maybe a few crackers.  It has less sodium than the soup I was eating last week.
Dinner is at a pizza place with some students (a club dinner).  I don't know if I'll get pizza or not.

Re: Monday Fitness!

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just got done with Body Pump.  I can barely move my arms.

I had a terrible weekend diet-wise with Mel's birthday but I'm back on track with a Slimfast this morning!
  • edited December 2011
    My workout for today is the Yoga with P90X.

For breakfast I had a package of cream of wheat with two tablespoons of raisins.

Snack: crackers

Lunch: I'm not sure yet

Dinner: Chicken quesadillas that I am making at home and some beans (if my FI feels up to eating that is!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I forgot my tennis shoes at work so I didn't get to go this weekend either.

Today I have to eat out for lunch. Trying to make good choices. For lunch it'll be eggs.

Have you guys tried something like Myfitnesspal.com? It's great to track food, diet and your progression (sound like an ad I know), but honestly it's helped me lose the weight I have. 10 pounds lost as of today!! Whoo hoo!
  • edited December 2011
    I tried to go with the flow and eat what was served to me at FMIL's so it wasnt the greatest weekend eating wise but was fairly drama free so I will take it.

Breakfast: Coffee and 2 energy balls
    Exercise: 30 min on elliptical
    Snack: Spinach smoothie in my new amazing blender
    Lunch: yogurt and lentil soup
    Snack: half a larabar if hungry
    Dinner: veggie tortilla soup made in my new blender
    Snack: Banana soft serve made in new blender

I am beyond excited by my new blender if you couldnt tell lol.
    As a side note I have 1 maybe 2 servings of coffee left and I do not plan on buying more so by Wed or Thur it could be bad (sorry in advance to Wendi, I might be slightly crabby in the morning for a few days)
  • lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had 3 egg whites, 2 slices of wheat toast with olive oil butter and a cup of hot tea for breakfast. Lunch will probably be the grilled chicken salad from CFA, and I laid out a seasoned pork loin for dinner.

If any of you girls have an iphone or droid phone, my friends and I have been using the app My Fitness Pal to log calories and exercise. I really like it and have lost 5 pounds in two weeks using the calorie and nutrition limits the app set up for me. It was 99 cents for iphone and I think it is free on android.

:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_monday-fitness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:53ad36b2-ca50-4f7a-b3d8-8c61dd2e50daPost:801acb72-abe4-4552-a9d6-f36a2aebf1e2">Re: Monday Fitness!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I forgot my tennis shoes at work so I didn't get to go this weekend either. Today I have to eat out for lunch. Trying to make good choices. For lunch it'll be eggs. <strong>Have you guys tried something like Myfitnesspal.com? It's great to track food, diet and your progression (sound like an ad I know), but honestly it's helped me lose the weight I have. 10 pounds lost as of today!! Whoo hoo!
    </strong>Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

LOL! On the same wavelength with the MFP.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got it--it was free on my iPhone!!!  Whoop!
  • dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Another iPhone app suggestion (or you can do it online)
    -100 Push Ups
    -200 Sit Ups

You do a benchmark then it gives you your plan (3x a week).
    It's supposed to help you up the number of consecutive push-ups and sit-ups you can do (technically, crunches, because traditional sit-ups can strain the back).
    While this is more of a focus for me (Army PT testing), it would also be good for anyone wanting upper body or ab toning.

I started on it last week (after kinda doing it a few months ago, inconsistently). 
    I jogged about .6 miles this morning with my dog... would have been closer to a mile, but there was a stray dog out so I cut it short :(

I'm impressed by all y'alls dieting... I am not really good at that part, so I stick to working out, and attempting portion control and hydration.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_monday-fitness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:53ad36b2-ca50-4f7a-b3d8-8c61dd2e50daPost:02938773-075b-4059-bcf3-98b6648c06f7">Re: Monday Fitness!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Fitness! : LOL! On the same wavelength with the MFP.
    Posted by lesalyric[/QUOTE]

Yes we are! Sadly my palm pixi doesn't have it.
  • edited December 2011
    I did a half-@$$ workout for 30 minutes this morning. I haven't felt too hot since yesterday afternoon.

I  have yet to eat cause I have no appetite. Will probably grab a salad from somewhere in a bit.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, so I'm going to try to do this.  Please cut me a little slack, though - it will be baby steps with me. 

1. I decided to cut out red meat from my diet (as in what I eat, not as in I'm on a diet).  I may allow myself to enjoy it once a week or once a month. 

2. I bought a lot of fish and chicken at the grocery store yesterday.

3. DH and I went on a long walk (with the dog) on Friday.  I went to the mall Saturday (does that count for walking??).

So far today I have eaten:
    Breakfast: a bagel, but one of those thin bagels that are supposed to have like 100 calories.  My fail is that I had strawberry cream cheese.  Not sure how healthy that is.  But, I had orange juice.

Also, so far I've had one bottle of water.

For lunch I was running late and grabbed a ramen packet.  So, I know that has a ton of sodium, but I also brought an orange.  :)  Does that help?

I'm going to do my best, but like I said - baby steps.  Your encouragement is requested.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I did Body Pump Tues, Thurs, and Saturday last week.. nothing since then.  I feel like a rockstar just to still be able to walk. 

As far as food, I had a sausage biscuit (the frozen kind) this morning.  Not good, I know.

I have a bunch of randoms for lunch... an apple, an Ensure, and some pudding.  

For dinner we are having grilled chicken with my new favorite marinade and rub on it .  (It's SO good) and probably steamed broccoli.

As a side note, I started drinking Ensure when I was sick the week before last and it is SO good.  Way better than Special K shakes or some other ones I've tried.
  • edited December 2011
    This weekend wasn't great for the diet, eating out 3 times... but still no fast food since 1/1.

Just got back from 30 mins of cardio and 100 abs and drinking a smoothie for lunch.  Breakfast was Special K cereal.
  • edited December 2011
    This week as far as working out will be a bunch of crap, probably. Because tonight I expect we will be out rather late-ish, and then invite our friends back to our place for some drinks for DH's bday ( I almost wrote FI, and we've been married 6 months!!). So...spin class tomorrow morning is looking unlikely.

Thursday morning is possible, depends how much studying I have.

DH and I did go on a long walk Saturday, since the weather was GORGEOUS. 

Friday night we went out with BIL and SIL and I only had 1 glass of wine. Go me. Last night we made grilled chicken and rice. Today all I've had is a banana and muffin, and I'm snacking on some crackers and raisins. 

I'm with Lacey, baby steps. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_monday-fitness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:53ad36b2-ca50-4f7a-b3d8-8c61dd2e50daPost:88a7827d-32eb-4e2b-9f3e-f84dcd3fa13f">Re: Monday Fitness!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Friday night we went out with BIL and SIL and I only had 1 glass of wine. Go me. Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

Am I expected to cut out wine?  Not sure I can swing that.  I usually have 3-4 glasses a week, one glass at a time.  Usually a reisling.  Is that okay?

ETA: Oh my gosh and beer!  Is that totally unhealthy?  What if I drink a light one?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_monday-fitness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:53ad36b2-ca50-4f7a-b3d8-8c61dd2e50daPost:d6e91dd5-e686-4be3-81a7-e0a6a63731fb">Re: Monday Fitness!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Fitness! : Am I expected to cut out wine?  Not sure I can swing that.  I usually have 3-4 glasses a week, one glass at a time.  Usually a reisling.  Is that okay? ETA: Oh my gosh and beer!  Is that totally unhealthy?  What if I drink a light one?
    Posted by serlace[/QUOTE]

I still drink beer, I just cut back on the amount I drink a week and I drink light beer.  I know its still not good for me, but I wasn't willing to completely cut it out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_monday-fitness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:53ad36b2-ca50-4f7a-b3d8-8c61dd2e50daPost:d6e91dd5-e686-4be3-81a7-e0a6a63731fb">Re: Monday Fitness!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Fitness! : Am I expected to cut out wine?  Not sure I can swing that.  I usually have 3-4 glasses a week, one glass at a time.  Usually a reisling.  Is that okay? ETA: Oh my gosh and beer!  Is that totally unhealthy?  What if I drink a light one?

<div>I have considerably cut out alcohol since the wedding, and overall I just feel better. It sucks, but it's unnecessary calories-especially beer. And it just bloats me, I don't know about y'all. </div><div>
    </div><div>If I'm going to drink now, I really try and stick to wine. </div><div>
    </div><div>Y'all don't know me, but that's <em>huge</em> for me. Before this, I was a big drinker. And I would drink beer every weekend. Well, that's pretty counterproductive when you're trying to stay in shape and work out! </div>
  • edited December 2011

I pretty much stick to wine when I drink now.   Although I told DH I need a bottle of vodka these days with this whole house business.   I'm sure that wouldn't be good for me.

I don't really like beer... I just drink it socially because its cheap and easy.   Haven't had any in months though and I'm cool with that.

I think the key to anything is moderation.  I don't cut things out completely, just regulate the quantity I consume.   I'd just never stick to anything otherwise.

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lacey,
    Baby steps are fine.  The best advice that I ever got (at least IMO) was to change one thing at a time.  You may be more likely to be sucessful if you focus on one change at a time.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_monday-fitness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:53ad36b2-ca50-4f7a-b3d8-8c61dd2e50daPost:d6e91dd5-e686-4be3-81a7-e0a6a63731fb">Re: Monday Fitness!</a>:

It's going to be how many calories this adds to your diet in the end.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_monday-fitness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:53ad36b2-ca50-4f7a-b3d8-8c61dd2e50daPost:38db74dd-29f4-4da4-9735-abacd1409876">Re: Monday Fitness!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Fitness! : It's going to be how many calories this adds to your diet in the end.
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yep, exactly. And for me, it's unnecessary calories. I'd rather eat that cookie or bowl of ice cream than drink a beer because at least the ice cream won't make me feel bloated and say stupid things if I eat too much of it. </div>
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_monday-fitness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:53ad36b2-ca50-4f7a-b3d8-8c61dd2e50daPost:4f254454-9d71-4ce9-86ae-87d56eb712da">Re: Monday Fitness!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Fitness! : Plus beer and wine in moderation are said to have positive effects on one's health.  :D
    Posted by mrsamandamiller[/QUOTE]

One's mental health... :)
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I already know for a fact I will be skipping the gym tomorrow and Wednesday.  I just don't see me getting out when it will be approximately 14 degrees and windy. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_monday-fitness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:53ad36b2-ca50-4f7a-b3d8-8c61dd2e50daPost:4f254454-9d71-4ce9-86ae-87d56eb712da">Re: Monday Fitness!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Fitness! : This exactly.  It's silly to completely eliminate certain things from your diet, because you will inevitably find yourself in a situation where those things are all that's available to you (like at a Super Bowl party), and then you overindulge and feel physically and mentally terrible. Plus beer and wine in moderation are said to have positive effects on one's health.  :D
    Posted by mrsamandamiller[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I would have to disagree. If I were somewhere that only offered beer, I would opt not to drink. I don't have to drink alcohol in a social setting to have a good time, I'm ok with drinking water, or something non-alcoholic. I just know that since I cut out beer, I feel better overall.</div><div>
    </div><div>I also cut out all soda, diet and otherwise about 4 years ago because of a migraine medication I was put on and have never looked back or regretted it. I also dropped about 5 lbs from doing so. And I only drank diet sodas. It's all from retaining water due to the carbonation. I don't crave sodas anymore, and have no problems turning them down when they're offered to me. 

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    My intention was to do the eliptical this morning but I didn't.  I decided to sleep in and do my hair instead.  I highly doubt I will do anything tonight.

Breakfast: Grape Nuts and one slice of peanut butter toast
    Snack: small navel orange
    Lunch: Sandwich with Turkey, Lettuce and cranberry sauce
    Snack: small navel orange
    Supper: Pork Chop with apples and sweet potatoes and some kind of green vegetable.

• edited December 2011
    Leslie-

Love the new siggy pic!!! I was scrolling through and saw the picture and thought "whoa, who is that!!?" hahah
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_monday-fitness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:53ad36b2-ca50-4f7a-b3d8-8c61dd2e50daPost:38593d44-b411-4190-9710-5d29fae140bd">Re: Monday Fitness!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Leslie- Love the new siggy pic!!! I was scrolling through and saw the picture and thought "whoa, who is that!!?" hahah
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

Yay! Thanks! I thought it might be time to update from an engagement pic since we have been married for over three months now. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Haha yes! I always have a hard time remembering who is married now and who isn't, because so many people have gotten married since I have!
  • edited December 2011
    Lacey,

I dont think you need to cut it out necessarily, its all about what works for you.  I personally have learned that I am not good with moderation so for me the key is elimination but that is what works for me and maybe not for you.  I also agree that small steps at a time so no need for us to go easy on you, you are doing something and thats all that matters.
  • edited December 2011
    Awe thanks Bobbileigh.  Okay, I will not try to eliminate everything at once, since I agree that will just set me up to fail.  Thanks everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards