Florida-South Florida

Reception venue?

I currently live in Atlanta, but want at South Florida wedding. I still have no clue what my wedding budget is, but need to plan to keep it under 10k in case my family doesn't help us pay for it. I am expecting around 30 guests. I need to have a hotel with affordable rooms for all my guests will be traveling to get to our wedding. Does anyone have any ideas of where I can have it? We are flying down on the 7th to check out The Palms and the Marriot in Hollywood Beach. I am having the wedding on April 16th and this seems to be the busy season which increases prices. I have asked my fiance numerous times to move the wedding date, but he won't budge!
Alison & Britten-Married April 16, 2011 in Miami Beach Farrah Ann arrived May 4, 2012- 6 weeks early! 5 lbs 6 oz. and 19 1/4 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Reception venue?

• odiloveslegosodiloveslegos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Grove Isle Resort and Spa
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there, welcome!

You have a lot of options, are you planning of keeping it in the Miami area, or would Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach also work for you?

The Palms is a beautiful hotel. Also check out the W, the Bentley, the Epic, all located in Miami. Let us know if you need more recommendations for other hotels!

Good luck :)
  • edited December 2011
    FYI The Epic has a minimum you have to pay. For Sat.  weddings its 20K, for Sunday it is 5 or 10k. I just wanted to let you know prior to falling in love with the ballroom as I did. After I saw it, nothing else would do, so beware :)
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend the Hilton Bentley. Another knottie had a destination wedding there and it was beautiful (and economical). Many of those other suggestions like the Palms and the W will be out of your budget due to minimums.

I think the Marriott will also be in your budget.
  • edited December 2011
    Def consider my venue the Hotel Grand Beach Miami, gorgeous views and great options. Also check the Westin Diplomat, I know they can offer you something!
  • edited December 2011
    Marriott South Beach 
    Smith & Wolensky
    Eden Roc 
    Emeril's

• edited December 2011
    For only 30 people you should not have a problem keeping it under 10k, and most of the hotels will work with you to get a group rate that your guests can afford. 

As far as a reccommendation, I am biased for my venue - the Miami Resort and Spa.  They are cheap but elegant, and its just north of south beach but still on the water (48th and Collins).  The room rate they gave us for our guests is $109/night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • alisonann15alisonann15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Grand Beach Hotel was one of the original hotels I looked at actually. The rooms seemed to be at a good price. I had trouble finding out the price per person for a reception though. It looked like they charged separately for drinks, which could get pricey. It did look like they have a lot of food options. Have you had good luck dealing with them?
    Alison & Britten-Married April 16, 2011 in Miami Beach Farrah Ann arrived May 4, 2012- 6 weeks early! 5 lbs 6 oz. and 19 1/4 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mct02mct02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too fell in love with the Epic ballroom, it is so unique and beautiful.  I will not have my reception there, however, because their planner is awful.  I have been trying to correspond with her for almost 6 weeks now and all I get are "out of the office" auto replies.  She is terrible about writing back, even for simple questions!  I finally had enough, and asked the contact person in her auto replies for some help and answers.  Well, I got a nasty email back from the original lady say how "there isn't enough hours in the day, or days in the week"...and so on.  I found it to be incredibly rude and very off-putting for such a gorgeous hotel.  It is really a shame, they are a new hotel and continuing this type of business/ customer service will not get them far. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards