• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2010 Weddings

Selling Dress Opinion

Hi All,

So I'm a horrible person, and I bought a dress out of excitement last year (even at the time I had imagined altering it) but fast forward 6 months and I think even how I was going to alter it, I would never love it. The dress, as pretty as it is, just doesn't seem to show off my personality. Anyway my sister/MOH and other bridesmaids told me to just sell it and find a dress I truely love.

So I've posted it (and I think I've even found a dress I really love), but I'm not sure how low I should sell it for. It's an Alfred Angelo (1136) and I got it for a reasonable price ($750US), but I'd still like to recoup most of my costs...Do you guys think I'll be able to sell it for $650 or so? I mean it is new with tags and it is featured in most of the Alfred Angelo ads in magazines.

Thoughts?

I know, I still feel really bad for changing my mind, I'm trying not to be a bridezilla, but I just want to feel pretty, comfortable, and like myself on my wedding day.

Thanks!!

Re: Selling Dress Opinion

• Don't feel bad, I think plenty of brides do this. There are sites online where you can sell the dress or post it here.

As for price I would say try selling it for whatever you are comfortable with. It is brand new so that should definetly help.
  • Yes, don't be too hard on yourself!  Several brides end up being "two (or more) dress brides" ;)

You should try posting the dress on preownedweddingdresses.com, oncewed.com, TheKnot forums and weddingbee.com. 

You should set the price at a level you feel comfortable with.  And if there are no offers for awhile and you really want to get it sold, you can always drop the price a little later.

HTH!

• You could always try out eBay, too.  Set the price at what you're comfortable with and then maybe, if several people like it, you'll start a bidding war and get more than you originally thought!  I have a friend who is an eBay fiend and has these experiences quite often.
  • I bought a dress last year also, I found it on ebay for $200 brand new (with tags) and it was a $400 dress from Davids. I changed my mind and bought another one, then sold the original dress on ebay for $200. I put the auction for I think like 4 days, and had 6 peopel watching it. The auction ended but one of the watchers ended up emailing me to ask if they could still buy it. HTH
    10Jul2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards