Attire & Accessories Forum

Necklace or not?

Ok, I have zero ability to accessorize in everyday life so I'm pretty much clueless about what to do for my wedding. 

I am wearing this dress

which has a great deal of beading on the top of the bodice.  I am also wearing a (plain)jacket in matching satin material instead of cap sleeves.  I have a cathedral length veil that has an attached sparkly headpiece.  I am planning to wear some type of sparkly drop/hanging/no-idea-what-they-are-actually-called-earrings.  Could I/should I forgo a necklace altogether?  If not, any suggestions?

Thanks.  If you need a better view of the dress, it can be seen here http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=V7052CS
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Necklace or not?

• Agree with Milk Duds, no need to busy up the neckline. It is a beautiful dress.... let it shine ;-)
  • Yes, agreed. I would say none!
    Anniversary
  • edited November 2010
    Thank you! One less thing I need to worry about now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_necklace-not-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:e04b67ff-b007-4f79-9ecd-8c25a172aea9Post:6cfdad0f-1964-4ad9-9c2f-6c8ce5413c68">Re: Necklace or not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Agree with Milk Duds, no need to busy up the neckline. <strong>It is a beautiful dress.... let it shine</strong> ;-)
    Posted by sb9411[/QUOTE]

I agree.
  • I like what the model is doing in the picture - the dangly earrings and the bracelet are enough.  The dress has a lot going on, you don't want your jewelery to compete!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • I wouldn't wear a necklace, but if you really want to it should be a really simple one. You wouldn't want to take away attention from the dress.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards