New Jersey
Options

Tasting at Florentine Gardens?

We have our tasting at Florentine Gardens coming up in about two weeks.  Just wanted to know if anyone has had their wedding there or did their tasting yet.  Just want to get an idea of what we're in for.  :)

Anyone find anything the loved (or didn't love) on the menu? 

I booked Florentine because we loved it, but neither of us have ever been to a wedding there, so I'd love to hear what you have to say about your own weddings their or ones you've attended. 

Thanks!
Clare
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Tasting at Florentine Gardens?

• Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there a long time ago...like 10 years ago and the food was great. 

I know that Dana (ddelo23) and Dana (DS0305) both had their wedding receptions there and both had a great experiance and no complaints.  You picked a very good venue. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Clare. Not sure if you read my response on my vendor reviews.  The only food item I heard a 'complaint' about is the mahi mahi.  Otherwise, the rest of the food was awesome during our tasting as well as the night of our reception.

People are still raving about how good the food was at our reception at FG.  Additionally, we had the Viennese hour, and everyone was super amped about it and how good the dessert selection was too.

Promise you, you won't be disappointed at all :)
  • Options
    hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to wedding there and the food was really good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!! We'll look out for the mahi mahi...it was in the running for our fish dish.  We also were thinking the Chilean Sea Bass.  Will let you know how the tasting goes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got married at FG 3 months ago.  Definitely do the mahi mahi!  I know Dana (ddelo23) also did the mahi mahi and told me that it was good.  For me it was between the swordfish and mahi mahi.  But I decided to go with the mahi mahi.  I figured if the coconut or pineapple sounded too strange for anyone, they could have ordered something else on the menu or just ordered the mahi mahi plain.  But people who had the mahi mahi raved about it.

At the tasting, you'll only get to have what's on the menu for that night (unless they've changed it since I was there).  But I could definitely let you know any of the cocktail hour stations/entrees that are popular.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards